GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 13

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 167 comments
doubleA
:cheers:
Senna is forever the King!!

I can even tell you how much i agree with you...Believe it or not, i quoted senna's famous speech of "touching the limit" in my graduation book under my picture.

Senna Forever.

JTSnooks
Had a few others...I was really happy to get find the British flag on the side of the MG! Almost made it my final given the theme for the week, but I thought the all-british (MG, MG, Bridgestone) picture won it out.

I thought Bridgestone was an American company... have i missed something?

To me..."The Best of British", sounded like it would judged, looking for a variaty of british cars. I know it doesnt matter, but thats how I looked at it and based my entry upon how I felt about the theme.

There are some nice shots this week. 👍

vr6gti72
There are some nice shots this week. 👍

There are, and a lot of them (specially when you're on dial-up) 👎

I'm gonna start whittling them down now - don't worry if you've not posted yet - but dont leave it TOO late guys.

It's been good being able to choose 2 themes, but I'll be relieved to get back into actually entering the competition again 👍

I'd find it tough to pick my favourites this week good luck superbad!

Ok guys, this is my first time entering this competition, so any pointers or advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Final Entry

Honarable Mention

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Div is back
Don't do like the last weeks and pick only in the last pages...

LOL! I can't help it if people enter the better pictures at the end :) Mind you, my favourite from this week is quite an early entry :sly: one word: awesome!!

I managed to get about 4 verticals in last week, probably a fair reflection of the number entered, and after all, my toyota 7 pic was the first vertical pic to win so I'm not adverse to them!

I noticed a lot of people asking for advice about their entries this week, as judge I thought I'd better keep my comments to myself, but was disappointed that not many people were willing to offer advice about how to improve the pictures. I guess people don't want to come across as the big expert, we all have different ideas about what makes a good photo, but this is a fun competition and anyone asking for advice deserves a few pointers.

It's really hard to pick from such a diverse range of ideas, there's 5 or six (so far) that I thought HAD to go in, about 10 that were good contenders and the rest are hard to justify above some that don't make it - they just had something that appealed more than those that haven't made it. Looking at last weeks voting, some pics have surprised me how well they have done, but then if we all liked the same things, the competition would be a lot less interesting!

Please be reassurred that contrary to speculation, I certainly don't pick photos done by 'friends' or names I recognise, they are judged on how good I think they are. So if you don't make it this week UP YOUR GAME if you want to win.

Good Luck everyone.

RenesisEvo
Gaaaah that makes me even more anxious about my entry.... :scared: :scared:

Ditto! I guess we'll have to see what gets picked and who he votes for :)

j/k about the verticals, just trying to pump the creativity (which your toyota shot was oozing with)

ferrari_chris
Ok guys, this is my first time entering this competition, so any pointers or advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Final Entry

Honarable Mention

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Ok...Feedback, i liked your photo, im a great fan of drifting. Keep up the good work. 👍

RenesisEvo
I thought Bridgestone was an American company... have i missed something?
Well it was started by Firestone which is an American company...but it sounds British :D The bridgestone was just kind of extra, it was the MGs that I chose the pic for :) Maybe it will trick some people? :D

Randymcchickenf
Ok...Feedback, i liked your photo, im a great fan of drifting. Keep up the good work. 👍

:) Thanks dude - I think I'll definatly have to enter again next week. Hopefully the topic is something I can work with easily.

Just out of curiosity, with my two pictures, would you have gone with the current final entry, or the honarable mention.
I've had mixed feedback from friends... :nervous:

ferrari_chris
:) Thanks dude - I think I'll definatly have to enter again next week. Hopefully the topic is something I can work with easily.

Just out of curiosity, with my two pictures, would you have gone with the current final entry, or the honarable mention.
I've had mixed feedback from friends... :nervous:

I liked your final entry personnaly. It shows a better angle of the track, check my pic on page 2 or 3, i dnt remember which.

Latest Posts

Back