GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 6

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 188 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

This one was my runner up, just in case we forgot where we were you could read both banners.

I was going to find a shot a little bit different this week but all my ideas seem to have been taken already - serves me right for leaving it this long I suppose. Guess I'll have to get in earlier next time.

FINAL ENTRY

Best supporting-picture award goes to... (drum roll please)

Hey How does Everyone like my Final Entry? I think this is a very Unique Entry :). I'm Hoping H@tch Will choose this for his top 20 :)
Final Entry

Runners-Up

dady5000
Could I have Some Help?
I want An Outside Opinion On At Least One Of These Pictures So I can Decide Please
There's nothing wrong with asking for opinions but relying on others to pick your best shot is a bit lazy ;) Half the challenge of taking photos is choosing your best, so I'm not going to tell you which one I think you should pick. However you did ask for advice on how to improve them - or at least I think that's what your post said before you edited it... :odd: - so I'll throw in my 2c (or whatever value the boss puts on my time when he's away!)

Anyway here you go, I'm not a professional photographer but I do like taking photos, others here could probably give you more technical advice. These are just my opinions, don't take them as gospel.

dady5000
I like this shot, good focus and field of depth. Maybe draw back a bit so there's a bit more road and sky in the shot, a panoramic shot like this doesn't need to have so much car in it. A bit more background will give it a greater sense of scale. Maybe more exposure too.

dady5000
I can see what you are trying to achieve with this shot, it's nice and simple. imo you need to bring the camera up a bit higher so you capture a better view of the road snaking away behind.

dady5000
This could be a good racing shot, again needs to be higher, just enough so that you an see where the wheels of the yellow NSX touch the ground. you need to bring in the aperature so the cars on the far side of the hairpin are out of focus a bit. The lens focus needs to be on the supra so that with a slower shutter speed you'll get a bit of speed blur on the NSXs.

dady5000
This is a great action shot, but it really needs the focus on the car so you can get some blur happening in the background to accentuate the speeding out of control effect.

I hope this advice has been of use to someone, the best way to improve is to always take heaps of shots with different settings so that you understand what everything does. Even for pros sometimes the best shots are often ones that aren't planned, and with usb storage we don't have to worry about running out of film! :)

weird, I can't see the thumbnails of Charger's pics in his post, but if I copy the locations out of a quote I can. :boggled:

anyway they are fantastic, I especially like the one from the rear with those two flaming holes of horsepower! :D

I meant because of multiple cars lined up like that, and if you look at the wheels they're not moving, so I suspect he used photoshop to put multiple cars in like that.

Blake

Blake
I meant because of multiple cars lined up like that, and if you look at the wheels they're not moving, so I suspect he used photoshop to put multiple cars in like that.

Blake
Those four shots of the three cars lined up all appear to be taken from different camera angles of the same pause. A high shutter speed will freeze wheels at high speed.

It could be photoshopped, but I don't think so. If I was going to I'd certainly try for something more spectacular - six cars lined up may warrant closer inspection :sly:

Well I think we can let him slide on brightness and contrast changes PhatFat. ;) :lol:

jeeze.. i took a pic like that at the start of a race... it wasn't chopped, you just split the 2 cars up, and if you put the apeture/focus up high enough-- the wheels will appear motionless.. i got that effect when i took the pic of my bmw in mid-air. i wanted a pic of it with wheels spinning, but in high-focus & sharpness, EXCEPT the wheels.. but that wont happen w/out photoshop. In short-- what he did is not photoshopped. :D

I believe he followed the rules. I didn't say he cheated but someone said they were suspicious that it was chopped, and I showed that it was in photoshop, but not that he modified the pic in any illegal way.

It is 100% NOT chopped.

Getting wheels perfecly still is no secret.

3 wide is not impossible, so that's legit.

The only thing I thought was doctored was the line on the asphalt.
And as dady5000 posted, it doesn't look like that.
However, a little further back (under the OTHER Suzuka banner) it does exist.

Proof:

Mystery solved, the guys pic is not touched up. Only color enhanced.

Now, lets get this thread back on topic. Less discussing, more Final Entries.

FINAL ENTRY

img000219zt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back