GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 7

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 224 comments
padman
It's not some really "paradisiac" pics, but i submit these ones for the "warm" sun...

Planning on making a Final Entry to compete per the rules? 💡

Edit: Isn't that a bit large of a car?

dustdriver
I dont know witch one to pick. Please help me out :)

I hate to tell you this but we had an extenxive discussion already. You need to pick your own photo. We cant have "help me pick" in the photomode comp. Use the other side of the board post your photos there and have the members help. People should only be posting photos to enter here. Thanks for your support. (not trying to start a flame war but when I had to pick the top 20 I had to wade through like 200 posts to make the cut.)

Hãt©h
I hate to tell you this but we had an extenxive discussion already. You need to pick your own photo. We cant have "help me pick" in the photomode comp.

I agree with you on this, it's like "Please make your mind up!"

Especially when people post 15 pics and tells someone to choose it for them. Or they post 20+ pics of their 'alternate' choices. It just gets in the way - those kind of posts normally belong in its own thread.

superbad
I'm presuming people are joking about 'stealing' location ideas :dopey: - there's not THAT many peaceful locations that don't look like racetracks lol.

Yes, I was joking :) I was actually surprised nobody had used it sooner! Works great for this theme in my opinion...great reflections. Oops...I mean...it's horrible! Nobody use it! Bad idea!!

superbad
Very nice, hang on - where did you get that Mini? japanese version?? rub it in why don't you! lol.

Hahaa! j/k :)

But yeah, I've got the JPN version, so it actually was an easy car choice.

Here are some others:

And thanks franz.

FINAL ENTRY

its a honda beat. i know its hard to see, heres some more proof. :D

Final Entry

Well I decided to give this comp a go...
This is the best I can do as I am suffering from the dreaded corrupted memory card. :grumpy:

I vote that cars like the Mini and other cars unique to certain regions be banned from future competitions. As stated before, with fairly vague competition rules any special/unique/rare cars will be more succeptible to swaying votes it's way... stuff like the Suzuki GSX thing, or say the R34 pace car. Because those cars are somewhat difficult to get, however, a car that most people cannot even attain because of it's lack of existance in some versions is unfair.

...perhaps I'm just jealous because you've got that car, or maybe because that picture is so darn good. but whatever the case, it only seems fair to the rest of us.

I'll be attempting the shoot for my entry tomorrow.

nah .. I think you are just jealous :D
as the matter of fact, rafro did a great job for his entry
even his honourable mentions are great ...
I think they are special even not using the mini
for suzuki and S800 race car, they will be very low chance for top 20
since they are just off topic

franz
nah .. I think you are just jealous :D
as the matter of fact, rafro did a great job for his entry
even his honourable mentions are great ...
I think they are special even not using the mini
for suzuki and S800 race car, they will be very low chance for top 20
since they are just off topic
yes, I am. and yes, I know. I was talking in general about the more special cars getting more attention. Personally, I think the GSX-R thing isn't right for this comp. But I meant overall, like with the 'Nurb' theme couple weeks back, the Autounion faired pretty well; with 2 pics raking in 31 votes of the 202 total.

superbad
Nice photo, the sloping sea would deter me from voting for it though - I'm a bit of a stickler for that sort of thing.
I'm not suprised the Costa di Amalfi is a popular location, blue skies bright sunlight - plenty of colour about. I'm presuming people are joking about 'stealing' location ideas :dopey: - there's not THAT many peaceful locations that don't look like racetracks lol.
Thanks for the feedback :D! I'll be off to redo the photo, it's really hard to frame it properly because of the ugly spectactors to the photo's right, ahh but patience is key!

dori-san
HOORAY! we're back to people not reading the rules again! :dopey:

No Imageshack, and you know speeding and spitting flames is SOOO relaxing. :rolleyes:

Oh well, you win some, you lose some (must remember to read to rules first - :ouch: )

I don't really care if people use cars that are rare or unavailable in all countries, more of a challenge in my book. The thing is to take the best photo with the cars available to you.
Dori-san, don't talk to me about banning rare cars, Your week 2 winning Pontiac Solstice photo must come under that category lol (very cool pic 👍 )
...at least for us still yet to even finish the licence tests, never mind get all silver/gold in them :grumpy:

Slick6
Welcome to the 7th Week of the GT4 PhotoMode Competition.
week74oc.jpg

Please read all rules. Inability to follow rules will result in disqualification from the competition.

rules2wc.jpg

• Do not use anyone else’s work. Only use your own.
  • Do not use an entry from a previous competition.
  • Photoshop can be used to crop, resize, adjust brightness and contrast, and for adding text. Changing color curves or manipulating is prohibited.
  • Post your final entry in RED letters. Such as “FINAL ENTRY”
    [*]Only one entry may be submitted, and it must be uploaded using Imageshack and have the thumbnail picture.
http://imageshack.us/

deadline2tc.jpg

The competitions will run in much the same manner as the other artistic competitions. The approximate deadline is:
April 16th.

theme9sq.jpg

This week’s competition will be restricted to "Travel any exotic location with any small car(s)" as chosen by Week 5 winner franz.

[New!] Please note that we are using a new system in which the winner of a previous competition that chose the theme for this week, will also at the end of the week skim through and select their top 20 entries to be placed on the poll.

Any questions, please PM me, or E-mail me at kobyw989@gmail.com

Further explanation of theme:
Exotic location should be a place that you can relax with beautiful scenery. Modern city like New York will be inappropriate. Anything about the size of Civic or smaller will be considering "small car".

Is there a way a way to show my pics,without using imageshack,as i registered & the link i got in the e-mail wont work.(tried pasting it no luck) :grumpy:

Back