GT4 Rallye Challenge

• Thread starter Matej
  • 188 comments
I would like to change a tuning rule and limit suspension kit only to Sport type for this round. If this is going to affect tunes you could have already made, please let me know. But if none of you have commited with tuning yet, consider Sport kit as the only eligible kit for this round.
I have putted Semi-Racing Kit in my cars :grumpy:

I didn't know you guys can post messages on GTP and drive GT4 simultaneously. :lol:

Anyway, either Sport or Semi-Racing will do, as the rule says. And I think I'm going to run with Autobianchi A112.

I'm going to run the MR2. I also haven't done GT4 rallies in a while. When I did I was horrible, so don't expect the next Colin McRae out of me.

@Harsk100, if one of your laps is lap #4, the other lap must be either lap #3 or lap #5. Laps 3 and 4 are consecutive, laps 4 and 5 are consecutive, laps 2 and 4 are not.

I also don't think you've quite grasped the fact this is not a speed contest but a consistency contest, much like real-world rallying is. This is why there are penalty points for inconsistency.

Ok I ran Cathedral Rocks II and Ice Arena. I just got to get Grand Canyon and that's it.

Edit: Can someone tell their BEST lap times on these Ice Arena and Cathedral Rocks II? I want to compare my time with someone else's.

Last edited:
I'm using the Mitsubishi Lancer '74, just going to run it stock, tyres the only purchase I've made.

@ above does that matter? We're using different cars & outright pace isn't what's being tested.

I'm using the Mitsubishi Lancer '74, just going to run it stock, tyres the only purchase I've made.

@ above does that matter? We're using different cars & outright pace isn't what's being tested.
You can use a car from the list, stock or non-stock as long you meet the power requirements.

Ok, I have completed all of the courses. I have to say, even for a front-wheel car, the A112 is suprisingly fun car. Understeer and body roll occur but you can easily control them unlike on tarmac circuits. I have raised its potential just a little bit to get more response from the engine. It gets fun to turn the car using acceleration pedal. :)

I found quite realistic to monitor Position gauge on TV and split times of the sectors. It gives you a feel you are actually racing along with your rally navigator who gives you input whether you are matching the pace or not.

Moreover, I have updated the first post with all important elements. Be sure to read it once again.

Finally, I'm going to form another team called Go Mango Motorsports. That makes two teams now. If someone wants to join we are open. Rules remain the same except your partner's skills will affect position of your team.

Edit: Can someone tell their BEST lap times on these Ice Arena and Cathedral Rocks II? I want to compare my time with someone else's.

DurWinning, I think it is best to compare lap times after we complete the round.

I drove the cars with ghost turned on. I did not turn off the ghost because I usually don't do this. With the ghost turned on, it is easier for me.

By the way, I have chosen a car to drive: It is called Lotus Elan S1 '62

I drove the cars with ghost turned on. I did not turn off the ghost because I usually don't do this. With the ghost turned on, it is easier for me.
First of all, I appreciate you're being honest. Most people would keep that for themselves and later if called, claim they didn't do it.

But if we assume everyone has already completed their runs with ghost turned off, driving otherwise is a bit unfair towards others, not to mention it goes against the rules. I have set the rules to provide as much realism and close battles for every participant as possible. By turning the ghost on you can easily check where your transparent copy is and adjust your driving pace according to it.

That is not something a real rally driver would (can) do. You claim to like rallying, you should understand that better than me.

However, I'm not going to ask you to rerun the events. If you submit them in a way they are now, I will accept them. Just mark my words above for the next round.

Anyway, we already have two out of five submissions. Keep them coming guys.

First of all, I appreciate you're being honest. Most people would keep that for themselves and later if called, claim they didn't do it.

But if we assume everyone has already completed their runs with ghost turned off, driving otherwise is a bit unfair towards others, not to mention it goes against the rules. I have set the rules to provide as much realism and close battles for every participant as possible. By turning the ghost on you can easily check where your transparent copy is and adjust your driving pace according to it.

That is not something a real rally driver would (can) do. You claim to like rallying, you should understand that better than me.

However, I'm not going to ask you to rerun the events. If you submit them in a way they are now, I will accept them. Just mark my words above for the next round.

Anyway, we already have two out of five submissions. Keep them coming guys.
I appreciate your preocupation. And yes, I really love rallying. I'll race with Ghost off in next round. 👍

Would you call it cheating if somehow you drove faster while listening to Rage Against the Machine? Just curious.
No, I don't think so.

Would you call it cheating if somehow you drove faster while listening to Rage Against the Machine? Just curious.
Such situation goes beyond realism and widely accepted belief, which is why it doesn't require an argument. But adjusting your laps by looking at the position of a ghost car is possible and therefore it is reasonable to question possible unfair advantage.

Besides, it is a matter of principle. If one follows a rule, everyone else should. That is what fair competition is all about.

Three submissions in my office. Two more to go.

Such situation goes beyond realism and widely accepted belief, which is why it doesn't require an argument. But adjusting your laps by looking at the position of a ghost car is possible and therefore it is reasonable to question possible unfair advantage.

Besides, it is a matter of principle. If one follows a rule, everyone else should. That is what fair competition is all about.

Three submissions in my office. Two more to go.
My statement was meant as a joke. But none the less I appreciate the response.

Since I have your attention I must ask, what would the requirements be for the next event? I want to know so I can get some practice. If it's too early to ask then I understand.

My statement was meant as a joke. But none the less I appreciate the response.
That is okay. :)

Since I have your attention I must ask, what would the requirements be for the next event? I want to know so I can get some practice. If it's too early to ask then I understand.
We should wait until we finish with the round. However, if we want to practice I can arrange that easily. In next round I can add a small deadline by which all of you can practice as much as you want. Tell me what you think.

I do have to inform all of you that if anyone stumbles across Lancia Delta or Peugeot 205 in used car dealership, be sure to buy it. They will be either in next or round after that, so it may take a bit long to aquire them since they are extremely rare to find and some of you may want to drive them when the time comes.

We should wait until we finish with the round. However, if we want to practice I can arrange that easily. In next round I can add a small deadline by which all of you can practice as much as you want. Tell me what you think.

I do have to inform all of you that if anyone stumbles across Lancia Delta or Peugeot 205 in used car dealership, be sure to buy it. They will be either in next or round after that, so it may take a bit long to aquire them since they are extremely rare to find and some of you may want to drive them when the time comes.
Can't wait for the information of round 2! :D

I think it's a great idea. That way people won't delay with sending their times in. I'm also curious with I should buy the Delta or 205. I guess time will tell.

I've been thinking. Will there be a decades sort of championship (i.e 80s, 90s, 00s)? And if so will they use road cars or the actual rally cars?

You can use a car from the list, stock or non-stock as long you meet the power requirements.

Well as the Power requirement is less than 130HP, all the stock cars should be fine, I'm assuming Matej checked that before submitting the list. Meaning only you fella's who have been messing with turbo's & NA kits have to make sure your cars are eligible.

Use of the ghost is a bigger issue to me (seeing as it is mentioned in the OP and one of the ensuing posts, so I don't see how you could have missed it), I don't normally use it, bloody thing just gets in your way and distracts you, but I don't care enough to make a deal out of it and Matej said it's fine so whatever.

I've got all the used cars, so future car selection should not be a problem for me.

I've done Ice Arena so far (really happy with how close I was), other two hopefully by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back