GT4 Rallye Challenge

• Thread starter Matej
  • 188 comments
Ok times submitted,
I'd used 4wd for the last two rounds so I wanted to use something else this time. I knew the two MR cars would be good at George V but a hand full at Chamonix, I ultimately chose the Stratos; mainly because it has less power than the Renault, and Ive had some experience driving it before.
Driving wise, George V was about as fun as it can be considering how tight and stop start that track is.
Swiss alps was ok, just try to keep the car fairly straight, but Chamonix was indeed tough, I don't know if I've ever spent a higher % of a lap not at full throttle. It was tough to record clean laps, but I eventually got some times I was pretty happy with.

Last edited:
Ok times submitted,
I'd used 4wd for the last two rounds so I wanted to use something else this time. I knew the two MR cars would be good at George V but a hand full at Chamonix, I ultimately chose the Stratos; mainly because it has less power than the Renault, and Ive had some experience driving it before.
Driving wise, George V was about as fun as it can be considering how tight and stop start that track is.
Swiss alps was ok, just try to keep the car fairly straight, but Chamonix was indeed tough, I don't know if I've ever spent a lower % of a lap not at full throttle. It was tough to record clean laps, but I eventually got some times I was pretty happy with.
Likewise to Chamonix. In reverse direction is one of the toughest circuits around, I can't even remember when was the last time I drove it, probably around 5 years ago when I was actively involved in career mode. The tarmac section after the bridge was the most dangerous place for me; understeer was very ferocious in case I went just slightly faster than car could bear. Patience with braking and acceleration is the key there. One little mistake broke my entire consistency numerous times but I finally got margin I was aiming for. I'm not coming back there, mark my words ! :crazy:

I did have problems on Swiss Alps as there are multiple lines you can take and car often slides away for no reason, so I had to be very careful how to enter corners after that much speed. Still, I'm happy with times I have set.
Matej, I'm very sorry: I have raced with ghost on during 3 weeks... :(
Why I'm not surprised ? :P

Recently I accidently read a message on your Profile Page where you claim, if I may paraphrase, that you need to learn how to obey driving rules. That is self-explanatory and good enough for me. ;)

Even though this is a violation of rules I will look on the bright side and hope you have let Shotamagee experience pressure (as you were steadily closing the gap and at this point it's still unsure whether Shotamagee will win the challenge) and made the entire challenge more competitive and fun for all of us.

But let's put that aside, we still need to see how the final round will end. Tommorow I'll run the Starion at George V Paris and pronounce results. :)

Likewise to Chamonix. In reverse direction is one of the toughest circuits around, I can't even remember when was the last time I drove it, probably around 5 years ago when I was actively involved in career mode. The tarmac section after the bridge was the most dangerous place for me; understeer was very ferocious in case I went just slightly faster than car could bear. Patience with braking and acceleration is the key there. One little mistake broke my entire consistency numerous times but I finally got margin I was aiming for. I'm not coming back there, mark my words ! :crazy:

I did have problems on Swiss Alps as there are multiple lines you can take and car often slides away for no reason, so I had to be very careful how to enter corners after that much speed. Still, I'm happy with times I have set.

Why I'm not surprised ? :P

Recently I accidently read a message on your Profile Page where you claim, if I may paraphrase, that you need to learn how to obey driving rules. That is self-explanatory and good enough for me. ;)

Even though this is a violation of rules I will look on the bright side and hope you have let Shotamagee experience pressure (as you were steadily closing the gap and at this point it's still unsure whether Shotamagee will win the challenge) and made the entire challenge more competitive and fun for all of us.

But let's put that aside, we still need to see how the final round will end. Tommorow I'll run the Starion at George V Paris and pronounce results. :)
,Let's see what happens. If Shotamagee wins, then congratulations for him.

I have completed the round. I must say I really love George V Paris, there is something so atmospheric about this track and construction of corners tests your precision better than any tarmac circuits around. Whoa, I love when power burst rushes in when going out of a corner, the Starion was a fun choice for this round. 👍

I should probably mention that on the last lap of the last corner my thumb slipped a bit and I took a wider line than I wanted, hitting the wall of stenosis just before the finish line. Luckily, the collision wasn't big and shouldn't affect my consistency.

With all three submissions in, target laps for the final round are:

George V Paris - 1 & 3
Swiss Alps - 1 & 3
Chamonix Reverse - 2 & 3

I'm now going to open submissions and pronounce results as well as bonus data. Watch this or following post for edit.

Edit:

We have reached the end of the Rallye Challenge. This final round was a close one but Shotamagee managed to keep its consistency and thus, the victory was granted to him.

I'll post my final words soon. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to Shotamagee for preserving outstanding consistency and Harsk100, DurWinning for competing ! This was a fun challenge where concentration is more important than anything else.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and happy New Year ! :cheers:
Congratulations Shotamagee! I'm thinking to make an rally championship for GT4. What do you think?
I assume you would like to keep traditional by points policy in which case your job can be a bit easier as GT4 offers weight ballast to balance competition.

If consistency is valuated than you could merge both GT6 and GT5 players with us since it doesn't matter who drives what and where. Just imagine around 10 or 15 players on the grid.

It is up to you to decide, if and under what conditions. Keep in mind that people may be reluctant to join during holidays.

Congratulations to Shotamagee for preserving outstanding consistency and Harsk100, DurWinning for competing ! This was a fun challenge where concentration is more important than anything else.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and happy New Year ! :cheers:

I assume you would like to keep traditional by points policy in which case your job can be a bit easier as GT4 offers weight ballast to balance competition.

If consistency is valuated than you could merge both GT6 and GT5 players with us since it doesn't matter who drives what and where. Just imagine around 10 or 15 players on the grid.

It is up to you to decide, if and under what conditions. Keep in mind that people may be reluctant to join during holidays.
Well, I'll try to keep consistency in GT6. I'll send you a PM.

Congrats to Shotamagee. Well played sir, well played. It was fun playing when I could and I do miss the competition. I think this challenge actually improved my Rally driving. Anyways thanks for letting me compete. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (or Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and all the other holidays).

Back