GT4 Rallye Challenge

• Thread starter Matej
  • 188 comments
It seems BMW 120i and 120d are not equipable with dirt or snow tyres. I'll remove them from the list. Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S (R32) '91 is now available instead.

I'm going to participate with BMW 2002 Turbo.

QUATTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No seriously. I always wanted to use the Audi Quattro in a rally event and this is the perfect chance.

Well the Quattro is a pretty good match for the easy events in the special conditions hall, hell all these cars probably are.

Looks like, so far its 70's Rwd vs 80's 4wd, wonder which will come out on top.

Tahiti Maze and Tsukuba are done. Will tackle Chamonix tomorrow.

Well the Quattro is a pretty good match for the easy events in the special conditions hall, hell all these cars probably are.

Looks like, so far its 70's Rwd vs 80's 4wd, wonder which will come out on top.

It all depends on the driver. I'm ok, I have no idea on @Harsk100 driving and I've seen what you could do. It's either going to be close or one group will destroy the other in times.

It all depends on the driver. I'm ok, I have no idea on @Harsk100 driving and I've seen what you could do. It's either going to be close or one group will destroy the other in times.

I don't mean it like it's a part of the competition, just saying the cars we've all picked fall under two "sort of" distinct categories.

Edit: Could also split em Rear Engine, vs Front Engine; or Manufacturer's starting with 'A' vs those that don't (best I could do), so we can all be linked to one another in some shape or form.

Last edited:
So, the penalty points after Round 1 are:
Harsk- 3 pts
Matej- 2 pts
Dur Winning- 2 pts
Shotamagee- 1 pt

So, Shotamagee is leading the championship.

I have completed the second round. This was a fun round, BMW 2002 is one of the few FR cars in the game that may produce lift-off oversteer when completely stock. Chamonix has some interesting corners that are perfect for drifting in a car like this.

And I wanted to take Golf V GTI but it was too heavy to tackle Chamonix. Body roll all over the place.

So, the penalty points after Round 1 are:
Harsk- 3 pts
Matej- 2 pts
Dur Winning- 2 pts
Shotamagee- 1 pt

So, Shotamagee is leading the championship.
How did you calculate this ?

Current system scraped penalty points and it focuses on penalty times between laps only.

Times submitted.

I said it once, I'll say it again. The Audi Quattro was very fun to drive. I thought it would be suicide to drive on Tsukuba wet with the TCS/ASM turned off, but it was extremely satisfying.

I have completed the second round. This was a fun round, BMW 2002 is one of the few FR cars in the game that may produce lift-off oversteer when completely stock. Chamonix has some interesting corners that are perfect for drifting in a car like this.

And I wanted to take Golf V GTI but it was too heavy to tackle Chamonix. Body roll all over the place.

How did you calculate this ?

Current system scraped penalty points and it focuses on penalty times between laps only.
I have guessed myself.

My times have been submitted.

Times submitted.

I said it once, I'll say it again. The Audi Quattro was very fun to drive. I thought it would be suicide to drive on Tsukuba wet with the TCS/ASM turned off, but it was extremely satisfying.
That sounds like an average experience to me. :)

The Quattro copes with understeer well for a car that old but it was overly sleepy and passive in actions. Delta was more energetic. Nevertheless, I spent plenty of days of my GT career driving it.

Everyone should look out for Nissan Silvia 240RS (S100) '83 in UCD. It will appear in next round.

Current submissions: 3 out of 5.

That sounds like an average experience to me. :)

The Quattro copes with understeer well for a car that old but it was overly sleepy and passive in actions. Delta was more energetic. Nevertheless, I spent plenty of days of my GT career driving it.

Everyone should look out for Nissan Silvia 240RS (S100) '83 in UCD. It will appear in next round.

Current submissions: 3 out of 5.
I already have the 240RS in my garage. I got it at day 498.
By the way, I'm thinking to make an rally championship for GT4 which will be different from your championship. What do you think?

By the way, I'm thinking to make an rally championship for GT4. What do you think?
That is up to you to decide, when and under what conditions.

Balance in competition is one of the hardest thing to achieve and requires extra attention.

How's the things of this challenge? No news?
We wait for Shotamagee to submit his times.

RetroDriver is still on the grid but if I don't receive Round 1 times from him before I pronounce results of the Second round, he won't be considered anymore.

We wait for Shotamagee to submit his times.

RetroDriver is still on the grid but if I don't receive Round 1 times from him before I pronounce results of the Second round, he won't be considered anymore.
So, if the results of 2nd round are pronounced and if Retro Driver didn't send you Round 1 times, then will he be deleted from entry list, right?

So, if the results of 2nd round are pronounced and if Retro Driver didn't send you Round 1 times, then will he be deleted from entry list, right?
Yes, I'm afraid so. He already has a minor advantage over us as he can monitor our R1 results and aim for the best consistency.

Deadline wouldn't be of much use if players don't have enough time to submit their times anyway. I'm sure Shotamagee will submit his times very soon.
I hope so. Until then, let's just wait and see what will happen.

It's probably best to cut me out, I did run at the weekend but my most consistent laps were at least a second apart on all tracks and only being able to run at the weekends means I'm gonna be really behind on submissions. Still, good luck to everyone involved and to the championship itself :)

It's probably best to cut me out, I did run at the weekend but my most consistent laps were at least a second apart on all tracks and only being able to run at the weekends means I'm gonna be really behind on submissions. Still, good luck to everyone involved and to the championship itself :)
No problem, thanks for the notification. :)

Last edited:
I have received 4 out of 4 submissions. By using ouput from Random.Org website, Target Laps for the following circuits are:

Tsukuba Wet - 3 & 4
Tahiti Maze - 1 & 4
Chamonix - 3 & 2

I'm going to open submissions and post Round 2 results as soon as possible.

Sorry for the double post.

Ok times in, I actually used TCS 001 at Tsukuba wet, really didn't think I'd need it in a RR car with only 141HP, but any wheel spin under accel just kills your momentum (& also consistency). The other two where more fun, love the rally tracks where you have enough room to correct your lines with out hitting the wall.

Back