GT4 Rallye Challenge

• Thread starter Matej
  • 188 comments
Thanks for the input Shotamagee, I have fixed Chamonix R2 times for all of us. This changes total results a little bit.

And congratulations to Harsk100 for excellent improvement over the previous round.

The Round 3 is open now.

EDIT:
And I'm considering bonus points for people who fall behind gradually. Rounds are getting tougher so I think it would be a good idea to retain close competition. I'll think about it and propose solution soon.

Last edited:
Is TCS and ASM allowed? Is because in Dirt and Snow tracks, TCS and ASM are automatically turned off, because the rear wheels spin...

Is TCS and ASM allowed? Is because in Dirt and Snow tracks, TCS and ASM are automatically turned off, because the rear wheels spin...
No TCS or ASM on Dirt & Snow surfaces but Yes (if you want) on tarmac.

I'm going to drive Shelby Mustang G.T. 350R '65

Current submissions: 1 of 4

No TCS or ASM on Dirt & Snow surfaces but Yes (if you want) on tarmac.

I'm going to drive Shelby Mustang G.T. 350R '65

Current submissions: 1 of 4
Is because I forgot to turn off the TCS and ASM... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm sorry... :(

I should mention that I won't be able to run until the weekend. I might be able to run earlier if I don't have a lot of school work during the week.

I should mention that I won't be able to run until the weekend. I might be able to run earlier if I don't have a lot of school work during the week.
Take your time and take care of school first. Thanks for the input. :)

Would be nice if we could have a round by round set of results as well as the total, ie Harsk smashed it (consistency wise) this round but you have to add everyone's scores manually to see that.

Also, it would be good if you at least showed the other lap times we submitted.

PPS, How many laps are you guys running as a general rule. Me 10-15 total per track on average.

@ Above, I just try to get my times done within a week.

Would be nice if we could have a round by round set of results as well as the total, ie Harsk smashed it (consistency wise) this round but you have to add everyone's scores manually to see that.
Done. Total lap times should be elaborated here. For the Round 2 I did 5-7 laps per run, two separated runs per track.

And I will do some testing with Focus RS. Shelby is not my definite choice.

Also, it would be good if you at least showed the other lap times we submitted.

PPS, How many laps are you guys running as a general rule. Me 10-15 total per track on average.

@ Above, I just try to get my times done within a week.
I already have done the Round 3 and my total laps were 1-4.

I have completed the Round 3 with the Shelby. Focus RS was a bit undefined and I never liked its behaviour on tarmac either.

Another fun round. On slow corners you have to keep revs high and turn the car with accelerator as it becomes unresponsive while on faster ones it will just slide all over the place if you don't slow down appropriately. And sound from the stock exhausts was enjoyable. I believe it would've be even better if Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins had played in the background.
Real old-school American style, lol. :)

I just can't get any good idea of how to reduce gap between drivers in these last rounds. I look at numbers, do calculations but nothing smart comes to mind.

EDIT:

Recently I was playing around with Alto Works Sport Limited and got following times:

0'56 - Ice Arena
3'03 - Grand Canyon
2'39 - Chamonix

Specs:
86 hp
710kg
Sport Muffler
Single-Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Close-Ratio Gearbox
2-way LSD
Turbo Stage 1
Sports Intercooler

Later on Ice Arena it dropped to 0'55.5, beating stock Shelby G.T. 350R that barely set around 0'56 as well. Daihatsu Move SR-XX 4WD was as good as the Alto although slightly faster on the straight due to engine quirks not being present.
Decent rally car that Alto, small tires provide good steering inputs around corners. :)

I wonder what do you guys think about that ?

Last edited:
Again sorry about the delay. I will run today but I won't have my times sent in until 8:00 PM EST.

I'm still not sure on what car to run. Testing vehicles now. Actual laps will probably begin at 6:15 - 6:30 PM EST.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd she's dead.

My AV cord that provides the picture to my tv is completely gone. Tried testing the Stratos last night when all of a sudden my screen went black. Tried everything to fix it to no avail. Sorry to say but I think I might be out for awhile until I get a new one. So for now count me as eliminated.

(Sorry for the double post as well)

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd she's dead.

My AV cord that provides the picture to my tv is completely gone. Tried testing the Stratos last night when all of a sudden my screen went black. Tried everything to fix it to no avail. Sorry to say but I think I might be out for awhile until I get a new one. So for now count me as eliminated.

(Sorry for the double post as well)
That's a shame that AV cord is gone. Good luck on finding a new one 👍

Thanks DurWinning for notification and Harsk100 for sending PM. I'm fully aware of the situation now and I'm very sorry it happened.
As of right now yes. However when I find one I will be back and in full force (and then get screwed by RNG).

When do you think that could happen (roughly estimation) ? If the rest of us continue with the challenge I won't be able to add your times afterwards as you will have advantage by knowing our margins. Unless you promise you won't look at Spoiler sections, I can pronounce target laps in private and update your times even if you return after week or two. However, if you can buy AV cord in about five days, we can wait for you. As Harsk100 said before, we started this together so we could finish it as well.

You have the best grasp of your situation so let me know what you have decided. :)

Thanks DurWinning for notification and Harsk100 for sending PM. I'm fully aware of the situation now and I'm very sorry it happened.

When do you think that could happen (roughly estimation) ? If the rest of us continue with the challenge I won't be able to add your times afterwards as you will have advantage by knowing our margins. Unless you promise you won't look at Spoiler sections, I can pronounce target laps in private and update your times even if you return after week or two. However, if you can buy AV cord in about five days, we can wait for you. As Harsk100 said before, we started this together so we could finish it as well.

You have the best grasp of your situation so let me know what you have decided. :)
It's better to wait, because if the results of round 3 are published before DurWinning gets a new AV cord, then he will think that we're selfish. That's why that we have to wait for all drivers.

Good scenario: I buy one in a few days. PS2s are fairly common so finding one shouldn't be too hard. Bad scenario: I buy one in a couple weeks because of money reasons.

Quick question. Can I use the AV cord from the PS3 to use on my PS2? If I can do that then maybe I'll be back in this in no time.

Back