GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
I despise most every variation of the Fuji tracks, especially the early rounded versions that are nothing more than a straightaway and two right hand sweepers. Other than that I've learned to love, or at least not hate, every other track. Even the soulless Tsukuba.

The tracks I hate most are Citta D'arita, Costa de Amalfi, Cote d'Azur, Suzuka Circuit, New York, Seoul Central, Grand Canyon, Ice Arena, the other Ice track, Cathedral Rocks Trails I and II, Apricot Hill, El Capitan, and the Nurburgring.

VANDENAL, you're right, I forgot about New York, but Seoul isn't that bad with it's high speed transition on the back and the high speed dive into turn 1.

Apricot Hill and citta D'arita I hate the most. The track is just too narrow to run safely and it's like running through the lane between the buildings and houses particularly when driving in a fast car.

Thanks for the advice, I kept having a hard time at Suzuka Circuit in the JGTC Championship. So I basically learned how to drive the track with smaller cars and progressively worked my way up. Now I can manage driving at that track. I did the same at the other tracks. I still suck at the rally tracks, but I learning.

Thanks for the advice, I kept having a hard time at Suzuka Circuit in the JGTC Championship. So I basically learned how to drive the track with smaller cars and progressively worked my way up. Now I can manage driving at that track. I did the same at the other tracks. I still suck at the rally tracks, but I learning.

That's exactly how I learn, back to the lower powered cars and work my way up. I'm glad my little moan helped someone anyway. :)

I hate Motorland. To win at Motorland if you want to get 200 A-spec points is near impossible at times. The circuit is too short, too narrow and too annoying. Reverse Motorland is even worse, you have to be careful on the final corner, or you will run wide and automatically make a pit stop.

Also, I can't stand Special Stage Reverse. It's the chicane right after the first corner that kills me every single time.

Until recently (I've only been playing about a month) I really couldn't stand El Capitan, but after yeilding to its demands (to slow down!) I quite like it.

I still HATE the Cote D' Azur

And FWIW, Opera Paris has got to be my current favorite--at least with a touring car like the Opel Astra.

I hate opera paris because the track has about 15 turns but most of these turns are very close to the finish line.

I also hate begginner course because sometimes to pass you have to go on the outside of the wide turn and might end up in the pit.

Citta d'aria is one track that I don't neccessarily hate but i just don't like how about 90% of the track you don't have enough space to pass

I love the old Fuji Tracks. They have everything I like. High speed, hairpins, sweepers, and for Fuji 90's the chicane of course! Blasting your way past the grandstands on the straight gives me such an epic feeling (just don't press the rear view or the cheering resets :indiff:).

Another one I really like is Suzuka West, I love taking just about any car there to see how their handling and speed is while having the AI cars breathing in my neck. It's a real shame they didn't use it for any events! They should have taken the West course for the events which use the East course! :(

Now, for the one I dislike most (which isn't that far from tolerating for me) is Tahiti Maze. I have no idea why, but doing this race in the Special Conditions hall is something I rather save for when all else is done. The same goes for Chamonix and the Ice Arena.

A lot of people see Hong Kong and Opera Paris as a difficult and hate it, but I like them to an extent. They're a nice change from all the high speed courses in events as the Gran Turismo World Cup. If you have trouble driving tracks like these, take one of the cars with low performance that you like, like a Civic or a nice RWD (the Hong Kong Guide Run is great too!). Learn the track in those cars, and build up to higher performance cars like that. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy them as much as any other track! :D

The snow stages. Too slow and you always are faster by wallriding so bye bye immersion.

Motegi. Straight. 90 degree turn. Straight. 90 degree turn. Straight... you get the point. And the scenery is dull.

A track I initially disliked is Grand Canyon but after memorizing it I consider it now as the best rally track.

Driving that track in an Opel Astra (I think) is fun.

Takes ages, but the battle is so intense!

I hated it, until I figured out how to drive it :lol:

Any of the DTMs or JGTCs work amazing on the 'Ring.
A 787b also works nicely.

The snow stages. Too slow and you always are faster by wallriding so bye bye immersion.

Motegi. Straight. 90 degree turn. Straight. 90 degree turn. Straight... you get the point. And the scenery is dull.

A track I initially disliked is Grand Canyon but after memorizing it I consider it now as the best rally track.

I didn't know their was a motegi in gt4. I thought it said on news that their had never been one in the series.

(I did own gt4, but remember barely any of it. Have to hit it up when I am at the library.)

- Nurburgring (for its ridiculous length)
- Chamonix (for its ice section, where your car has NO handling)
- Grand Canyon because it's stupidly narrow.

The Motegi road courses are flat and featureless. It's very difficult to find marks, let alone hit them, and I don't know it well enough for 'about now' to work.

Last edited:
- Nurburgring (for its ridiculous length)
- Chamonix (for its ice section, where your car has NO handling)
- Grand Canyon because it's stupidly narrow.

Those 3 reasons are why those are some of the best tracks.
Length to test your memory and skill.
The ice tests your line and car control.
And the narrowness also tests your car control.

Back