GT4 Tracktalk and Tracklist *UPDATE* UNCHICANED LA SARTHE!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 335 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Audi TT LM is as good as it was in GT2.

And I would rather have Grindelwald than La Sarthe.

grindwald was one of my favorite tracks of any racing game... i don´t think we should take lemans to put grindwald, but it´s a shame that PD didn´t put this track in the game... grindwald, pikes peak, the original R11 and rome night. BOOOOOOO!!!!!! I miss those...

How good is the sense of speed on topspeed?

I remember when in GT:Prologue, when hitting 300kmh on the fuji straight in a mclaren, it all became very shakey and scary. I liked that alot!

robin2223
Are there any tracks in the UK on GT4!!!!!?????

Sadly, no UK track as I can find. London Track hoax was just a hoax from this point.

I also miss Rome, Paris Opera is a nice replacement, but Oldies are the Goldies.

Also understand the lack of Grundenwald - the new american El Captain track is basicaly the same enviroment as Grundenwald, so it would be two very same tracks. I see why PD decided to leave it out. Still, I miss Grundenwald a lot.

Do not like the new High Speed Ring - yes, it looks like a real track now, but without the sidewalls it misses the claustrophobic atmosphere I always liked. It is very beutiful, though.

New looks of Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, Midfield and Apricot are great. They all look much more natural now. As for real tracks, no words needs to be spent - gorgeuos.

With 60 fps I can even forgive some slowdowns which are appearing more then ever in the series. But even slowdowns can't ruin the best video-experience any some game has given ever.

amar212
Do not like the new High Speed Ring - yes, it looks like a real track now, but without the sidewalls it misses the claustrophobic atmosphere I always liked.
Did they take away the walls?

Could be good : no wallriding any more.
Could also be bad : wallriding against invisible walls ...

Buggy Boy
Did they take away the walls?

Could be good : no wallriding any more.
Could also be bad : wallriding against invisible walls ...

Yes. The track is now flat-open. Configuration is unchanged, but the sidewalls are history. No wall-riding, no claustrophobia.

Then tunnel is still there though, dark and real - best part of track IMHO. As for the feeling: no walls - no love. It is just another fast-n-short track now. It is High Speed Ring, yes, and I'm so happy it is in, but I just do not like this Supermodel-Fancy look.

Old-fashioned HSR chick that was good in bed, was much better then this Silicone HSR Baby:D.

Oh, yeah - there is a nice inclusion of an bridge-like-viaduct on the second short-straight. Love it. It is not HSR, but I like it. Arhitecture biatch, I suppose :).

amar212
Sadly, no UK track as I can find. London Track hoax was just a hoax from this point.

I also miss Rome, Paris Opera is a nice replacement, but Oldies are the Goldies.

Also understand the lack of Grundenwald - the new american El Captain track is basicaly the same enviroment as Grundenwald, so it would be two very same tracks. I see why PD decided to leave it out. Still, I miss Grundenwald a lot.

Do not like the new High Speed Ring - yes, it looks like a real track now, but without the sidewalls it misses the claustrophobic atmosphere I always liked. It is very beutiful, though.

New looks of Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, Midfield and Apricot are great. They all look much more natural now. As for real tracks, no words needs to be spent - gorgeuos.

With 60 fps I can even forgive some slowdowns which are appearing more then ever in the series. But even slowdowns can't ruin the best video-experience any some game has given ever.

how bad are the slow downs? amar, you played just about every gt4 demo, does the final game look smoother than the demos?

[SS]Ares

I remember when in GT:Prologue, when hitting 300kmh on the fuji straight in a mclaren, it all became very shakey and scary. I liked that alot!

u feel it heaps with a DFP on la sarthe down the straightway (drove it in the last iA test). it's mad coz it's really bumpy and u feel like u could lose control any second. AWESOME FUN

Oh, im sorry if you have talked about this but is it a dragstrip at twinring? or what is the long straight at the screens?

Theres no drag strip at Motegi in GT4, the road circuit includes part of the Speedways midfield area, but I'm unsure which straight your talking about since the one in that pic is the speedway.

Yeah, doesn't it look like a drag strip with the time display at the side of the track and the wide straight that is slit into two lanes and everything :)

that gives me an erie feeling, i dont know why. can you tell me, is the drag strip detailed? can you see the staging lights and stands? or is it simply just a road that represents the actual strip thanks-

[SS]Ares

Just think of Le Sarthe longest straight, it should be not far from 400kmh :eek:, usually I go for corners but this one is simply unique

cobragt
how bad are the slow downs? amar, you played just about every gt4 demo, does the final game look smoother than the demos?

First to say that my PS2 is PAL and my TV has a both PAL / NTSC option. Console is connected trough RGB SCART port with PS2 RGB SCART cable. Game is NTSC Asian and I play it on "normal" 480 video mode, widescreen, normal displays, map OFF.

Said that, I see slowdowns on many places in the game. Firstly - and most noticeably - are the slowdowns on high-res FMV sequences of tracks, on "choose-the-track" menu in Arcade mode. What was so far non-glitch smooth ride, now it's an "drop-a-frame-to-kill-the-bird" thing. Very disapointing, but maybe something due to a different video formats (could be something regarding the console actually reading those videos in real-time, while other things are loadded into memory). I'd like to someone "NTSC Native" says somehing about those sequences.

Secondly, there are lots of slowdowns on the tracks during drive. Notice that when I say "lots" it does not mean "dozens per track". It just means that there was NEVER ANY slowdowns in GT games EVER, and that famous glitch on Midfield in GTConcept was not an excuse, but just a dark-messanger of things to come. Glitches are often just on one place on the specific track, and manifested as classical frame-drops, and they last no longer then second, but they appear from time to time on lots of tracks. The biggest I saw so far is on Laguna Seca, just after the Corkscew section, when you heading towards the last two corners.

Another graphical glitch is appearing even more oftenly, particulary on the begginigng of the races with running-start, or in short-films after the races (first one is noticable in the replays too) - it is manifested trough losing some of the horizontal lines in view, resulting in very juggied picture. It lasts for second or two, and the dissapears, like the picture stabilises itself.

Both glithes could be result of incorporating high-def views in graphic code, but I find them as bad thing for the most sophisticated GT game so far. Although, I tend to be very realistic and take into concern the limitations of PS2, toghether with all the detials that GT4 is bringing - those glitches do not compromise gameplay in any way, but is just unusual and unpleasant (and that is the right word) to see them in GT game.

And one more thing about the tracks - since this thred is about tracks - I'm very dissapointed with "reverse" tracks, since some of my favourites such as Grand Valley Reverse has lost that beutiful "afternoon" setting. I've tried all the "original" tracks I have unlocked, and all of them have the same lighting setting on both versions. I do not like that at all.

And finally, answer to your question is NO. All tracks on demos I've played (all GT4 demos so far) were lot smoother on demos. Even the Nurb, which amased me. Nurb on demo didn't have any glitches. In GT4 it does, just after the first section of corners. Small one, but noticable. Which is the Shame 4 D Game.

amar212
The biggest I saw so far is on Laguna Seca, just after the Corkscew section, when you heading towards the last two corners.
This is exactly the same place where you get slowdowns with the Laguna Seca track for GPL if your hardware isn't performant enough. That's no excuse for GT4 tough.

Interesting comment again, as usual, amar212 👍

amar212
Another graphical glitch is appearing even more oftenly, particulary on the begginigng of the races with running-start, or in short-films after the races (first one is noticable in the replays too) - it is manifested trough losing some of the horizontal lines in view, resulting in very juggied picture. It lasts for second or two, and the dissapears, like the picture stabilises itself.
And finally, answer to your question is NO. All tracks on demos I've played (all GT4 demos so far) were lot smoother on demos. Even the Nurb, which amased me. Nurb on demo didn't have any glitches. In GT4 it does, just after the first section of corners. Small one, but noticable. Which is the Shame 4 D Game.

ahh i thoguht the juggied picture was my PS2 dying. that i think COULD be caused by PAL > NTSC (i have a PAL sys too).

i havent noticed ANY slowdown in-game, but i have noticed the FMV slowdown in track menu (but sometimes).

overall i think they did a f*n great job with the game considering the ps2's limitations.

but that jagged pic at the beginng of the track is the worst prob of all for sure coz it's VERY noticeable and gets annoying (especially when u're trying to show a non-GT player the brilliance of this wonderful game)

Apologies if this has already been answered (this thread is getting a bit long :crazy: ), but what's the difference between Special Stage Route 5 (Long) and Special Stage Route 5 (Short). Which is the SSR5 from previous GTs, and how does the other one differ?

Thanks,
asv

asv
Apologies if this has already been answered (this thread is getting a bit long :crazy: ), but what's the difference between Special Stage Route 5 (Long) and Special Stage Route 5 (Short). Which is the SSR5 from previous GTs, and how does the other one differ?

Thanks,
asv

SSR5 long = SSR5 from previous GTS
SSR5 short = Clubman Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back