GT4 Tracktalk and Tracklist *UPDATE* UNCHICANED LA SARTHE!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 335 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE_MaKrUs
one is missing: Fuji Speedway pre 80`s

mfg
Markus

aaawww noooo, i think, 4 Fuji tracks are enough. with the 80's layout we got one polished Fuji track and indeed a gemini to the HSR!

i tried to search but the word nurburgring brought up 40 pages of posts,
how far into the game to you have to go to unlock the Nurburgring? i really wanna do a jezza and take an S Type around.

jpmfan
i tried to search but the word nurburgring brought up 40 pages of posts,
how far into the game to you have to go to unlock the Nurburgring? i really wanna do a jezza and take an S Type around.
Nurburgring is available from the beginning

hellnback
GT5 Hit List:

Spa
Bathurst
Monza
Hockenheim (pre-02???)
Pikes Peak (Full)

Spa being the original long version I guess? The modern track is still very good, but you can't leave out the Masta Kink :-) I'd also really like to see Zandvoort, which is a really challenging little track to drive well, and should be fun with a variety of cars.

Given five, I'd go ;

Spa (original layout)
Bathurst
Rouen
Isle of Man TT course (Mountain Course from GPL)
Elkhart Lake (Road America)

Also rans would be Zandvoort and Suzuka....

The TT course is some FR monster should be a lot of fun :-)

Moadib
Spa being the original long version I guess? The modern track is still very good, but you can't leave out the Masta Kink :-) I'd also really like to see Zandvoort, which is a really challenging little track to drive well, and should be fun with a variety of cars.

Given five, I'd go ;

Spa (original layout)
Bathurst
Rouen
Isle of Man TT course (Mountain Course from GPL)
Elkhart Lake (Road America)

Also rans would be Zandvoort and Suzuka....

The TT course is some FR monster should be a lot of fun :-)
i'd like to see Sebring, theres no track like it in the gt games. or even the Daytona roadvle.

b

I am really interested in doing some wheelies with fast cars as the C9 or GTOne at the Le Sarthe straight, Mulsanne, and reach really fast speeds. At Test course the straight looks like short to this technique, but le sarthe might be very good for it. :D

Speeds up 1000 km/h might be very possible there, doing wheelies. Insane Driving! :D

toleman19
So I take it that redrock valley speedway will not make a comeback, I liked that track.
And seriously in need of a makeover - remember the chicanes after the first banked turn? It had a wide run-off on either side into the kitty litter, but when you went back under it, the flyover above was a narrow strip of concrete that didn't look like it could hold a car, let alone the wide run-off area I just mentioned. It probably would have been better to go right at the chicane and down onto the lower section, loop back around and take the chicane in reverse, then another right and back out onto the remainder of the track, eliminating the crossover 9should have done it with Midfield too). And it was held at sunset, which sucked. And first time I played it I thought it was actually a dirt track given the colour of the road.

damn i'm pissed they didn't include pikes peak, i really wanted that to be in there...
and yea it would be awsum if Chamonix wasn't a rally corse...y do the best corses need to be dirt or something, that sux, Chamonix and tahiti maze are soooo fun and would be even more fun if nicely paved!

I've been trying to find the answer to this question, but have come up with nothing, so here I go.
I understand that before 1990 (?) Circuit de La Sarthe (Le Mans) had no chicanes on the Mulsanne straight. So does that mean if you take a car from before 1990, such as the Sauber-Mercedes C9, and run the 24 hour Circuit de La Sarthe race, you will be racing on the track without chicanes, or does that race force you to run with the chicanes?
Basically, I'm uncertain on how the game treats the chicaned and un-chicaned track layout. Do some events use the chicaned layout, whereas others use the un-chicaned layout, or does it depend on what year your car is from?
Thank you :)

Hmmm, i'm kinda bummed there's only one wet track. It was a massive thing to be included into GT3 and there was so much hype about the wet tracks, i wonder why they only decided to include one this time round as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back