GT4 WRS Week 12: "Team GTP BC5 Qualifier Race & WRS Team Event Pt.2"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 431 comments
Well sent in my time on Monday, thinking man...when are they gonna post week 13?!?!?! But then CFM slapped me in the face and said Hey wake up idiot, cant u read?!?(only in a totally nice way...hehe) this is a 2 week'er. Sweet! So I decided to go back to 320 for my top speed, AND try NO TCS for the very first time ever. It went well! I now have a fast lap just about 2 sec faster!!! 1:47.295. I feel very confident about that one! I did also trim ANOTHER 6 sec. and I see another realistic 4 sec...(DAMNED AI!!!!!) But for now if I never beat this time, I'll be happy because I really feel comfortable racing at Suzuka now, which I felt was ALMOST as bad as Monaco for me. Again, thx to all of you for your heated comp! and great tips!

jump_ace

Just ran a few laps at Cote d'Azur chasing hOt6o4bOi's ghost and all I can say is WOW!!!!! :boggled:
Sorry for being off topic.

Got my first session just now, been lazy these days.

Best lap on RS tires, 1'45.186. And best lap on RM 1'47.1xx

Once i got 1'44.8 and 1'46.8 respectively, but not on this race. :D

Well, so much to improve yet, as it was my first try. Will give it a second go later. Time to be lazy again now. :D

I've takin' the training wheels (TCS) off. Managed 2 clean laps so hopefully I can cut some time. Just have to find the right AI setting.

veilsidebr
TCS IMO is like air conditioner, some like it but i dunno myself why it exists.

What is better than feeling the 200 km/h wind in your face, or smelling the tire´s smoke after a quick launch? :D

Worst analogy ever lol :)

I'd say it's more of like a cane for those who could walk if they really tried to...

That Subaru tried to turn me sideways and put me in sand trap... on Lap 9...darn it!.......That........................................ :banghead: 🤬 🤬 🤬 :mad: :mad: I ought to slowdown and bump him back! And I did except I didn't get a penalty ;) :dopey: :sly: :dopey: Randy

I'm sick of this :yuck: No clean race, not even close, and not fast either. Every time I think about this race, I want to 🤬 punch something.

@Luxy: I can relate. I'm still hunting down a 100% clean race. Only this weekend left for me, plus I'm running round 2 of the JGTC, so worst case scenario I may just drive around in 3rd gear to set SOME kind of time :lol:

Ran a good 3 hour session last night. Vehicle setup. NO TCS :) , 300km top speed, 6 laps R3s and 4 laps R4s. AI set to -7.

1st 10 lap attempt, having a good race, lost it midway lap 9. :grumpy:

2nd 10 lap attempt, having better race, lost it end of lap 8. :ouch:

Many restarts in between.

3rd 10 lap attempt, full 10 laps. Got crazy before entering pits on lap 6. Reviewed the race, AI hit me (didn't think he did), then got 3 wheels off. :grumpy: :ouch: :irked: :mad: LAP TRASHED.

I had cut 9 full seconds off previous clean race. Guess I have to redo it.

Fastest lap is 1:49.798. NO TCS, R4s, 300km Top Speed (for Luxy's leaderboard)

Got a new time, improved 0.9 seems im losting like 1.6 seconds on the pit in lap and in the last lap when the tires are bad, so i can shave like 4 seconds in total.

Best lap in RS tires: 1'45.354
Best lap in RM tires: 1'46.862

Medium front, soft rear,

Best lap 1.48.503
Opening lap 1.51.5XX

low 1.49's most laps untill i lost it at lap 7 when i crashed off due to trying to avoid Ai cars :(

H E L L L L O O O ! ! ! !
E V E R Y Y B O D Y! ! ! !
i feel goooood *da da da da da da daaa*

phhhoooo, gotta get my breathing under control here!! *inhales deeply- in through the nose out through the mouth!*
i've finally got it so that i can open with a 1.53'xxx
and then average out at 1.50'xxx
i once got a 1.49'158 and it felt fantastic.
got my confidence back in this race thanks to the expert help of my partner puck927 and of course the ever gorgeous vexd. finally feel i may not be a complete let down to my team mate.

off i go again............ *hes waving!!!!!! :)

carys

EXelero
H E L L L L O O O ! ! ! !
E V E R Y Y B O D Y! ! ! !
i feel goooood *da da da da da da daaa*

phhhoooo, gotta get my breathing under control here!! *inhales deeply- in through the nose out through the mouth!*
i've finally got it so that i can open with a 1.53'xxx
and then average out at 1.50'xxx
i once got a 1.49'158 and it felt fantastic.
got my confidence back in this race thanks to the expert help of my partner puck927 and of course the ever gorgeous vexd. finally feel i may not be a complete let down to my team mate.

off i go again............ *hes waving!!!!!! :)

carys

GLAD TO SEE IT! Keep going, I know you can still better it! I don't know if I'd be going off and calling me an expert tho.....

Wont be able to submit a time. I havent been able to put together a decent showing, on my best run I ran off the track in the esses twice during the 10 laps and best lap time on RM/RH's was a 1'46.99X. I have to work a double everyday until the due date so I feel like a piece of **** for not being able to be on this team.

i hav yet 2 play this combo yet and i may not get a chance this week, i guess i wont b competing in the BC, damn.

Ok, I have completely had it up to the preverbial with this race!

I have spent the last three days just trying to beat the 19 min barrier AND keep it clean.
Was able to do dirty sub 19's, totally clean very close to 19, never both! :banghead: :banghead: :irked: 🤬 🤬

Everytime i ran yesterday I could do 9 consistant, quick (For me anyway) laps and then the AI would completely screw up infront of me or go SO slow thro the snake/anti-banked complex that i either hit them or ran off or had to slow down so much that i lost about 8-10 seconds!

Totally P-O'd with it! Every time that happens 20 mins of time is wasted!

BUT,

today i have done what i wanted to do, have ran it through in replay 3 times to check it out, and i am going to submit my time.

Will try to do some hot laps to improve my fastest lap, but am not gonna be doing any more of the race.(as a race for a fastest race time)
My blood-pressure can't handle it!

@ jump-ace

Jerome mate, will pm you later and we can conflab! Maybe you could tell me where i'm going wrong!

Neil

ballstothewall
today i have done what i wanted to do, have ran it through in replay 3 times to check it out, and i am going to submit my time.

Will try to do some hot laps to improve my fastest lap, but am not gonna be doing any more of the race. My blood-pressure can't handle it!

Neil

I was under the impression that the fast lap had to come in the race time that you submit??? You can't run for a fast lap and a race time can you??? Or are you just running the fast lap for yourself?

If that were so, no-one would be able to submit a time thro the week would they?

My fastest lap DOES happen to come from a previous clean, but slower race. And I'm CERTAIN that that will probably be the same for most of us!

To get a fastest lap time, you would have to push the tyres more , therefor compromising tyre life and making you change to harder types for a longer period for the rest of the race!
A faster time IMO comes from running a consistant pace that yealds faster race time, but slower fastest lap time because you are conserving grip.

ie RS tyres give better grip for a short period, RM give less grip, but go off slower. 6laps RM+4laps RS( pushing for a fast laps) is slower than 5laps RS+5laps RS with less frantic and edge of envelope driving.

Tell me i'm wrong :mischievous:

J/K :)

Neil

ballstothewall
To get a fastest lap time, you would have to push the tyres more , therefor compromising tyre life and making you change to harder types for a longer period for the rest of the race!
A faster time IMO comes from running a consistant pace that yealds faster race time, but slower fastest lap time because you are conserving grip.

ie RS tyres give better grip for a short period, RM give less grip, but go off slower. 6laps RM+4laps RS( pushing for a fast laps) is slower than 5laps RS+5laps RS with less frantic and edge of envelope driving.

Just think about the 'Real' racers out there. This is what they go through everytime they race. You have to lose one thing to get something else. It's a double edge sword.

I'm having fun with it now that I've got a clean race. I'm just trying to cut some time off.

Off to the races.

Cut off 7 seconds off overall time. Not much for a 10 lapper. I'm giving myself a bit of a challenge. So far it's winning as I haven't completed yet (keep losing it in a corner). Putting on R3/R4 for 6 laps then switching to R4/R5 for the remaining 4 laps. My times are faster and I'm pushing harder so I keep losing it. Hopefully I can get more time on this setup.

just a tip to u guys,
the 1st lap is the make or break lap

so you want to be on the softer compounds for the start, and harder for the last 6

mayb you guys like your setups though, just a tip

ballstothewall
If that were so, no-one would be able to submit a time thro the week would they?

My fastest lap DOES happen to come from a previous clean, but slower race. And I'm CERTAIN that that will probably be the same for most of us!

Tell me i'm wrong :mischievous:

J/K :)

Neil

The fastest lap submission for the team competition is the fastest lap that you have in the 10 lap race you are submitting. You can't run hotlaps separate from the race. When you have your best 10 lap race saved, watch the replay and write down the fastest lap that occurs during the race. That is the fastest lap you submit for the teams event. Sorry for any confusion there.:)

CFM
The fastest lap submission for the team competition is the fastest lap that you have in the 10 lap race you are submitting. You can't run hotlaps separate from the race. When you have your best 10 lap race saved, watch the replay and write down the fastest lap that occurs during the race. That is the fastest lap you submit for the teams event. Sorry for any confusion there.:)

Thanx for the clarification CFM.

In that case i will be withdrawing my fastest lap time from luxy's board, coz it's from a slower overall race time, and i will obviously submitting my fastest 'race-time' to CFM!

And i think, so will many!

Neil

@Luxy/Little_chips

Please amend my fastest lap time to 1:49.461

I hope there is a NORMAL WRS race next week... :grumpy: I kinda wanna try the WRS again... This big intimidating 10 lap race is VERY discouraging for non-hardcore racers like me...

Event
I hope there is a NORMAL WRS race next week... :grumpy: I kinda wanna try the WRS again... This big intimidating 10 lap race is VERY discouraging for non-hardcore racers like me...

It's not no intimidating, just race until you get a clean one 👍

kennythebomb
It's not no intimidating, just race until you get a clean one 👍
10 Laps of Suzuka is a LONG race...

Not really. 15-25 minutes depending on how fast you are. Though next week should be normal. I do like the multi-lap. It's fun.

Back