GT4 WRS Week 12: "Team GTP BC5 Qualifier Race & WRS Team Event Pt.2"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 431 comments
Some of us don't have that kind of time.

Event

i dont think there has been any race (@ least which i have taken part in) which didnt require a considerable amount of time.....? :odd:

whether the race was one lap or ten, its still taken time to perfect and be happy with.

am i the only one who finds that????? :confused: :boggled:

EXelero
i dont think there has been any race (@ least which i have taken part in) which didnt require a considerable amount of time.....? :odd:

whether the race was one lap or ten, its still taken time to perfect and be happy with.

I can name a few races i didn't take a considerable amount of time in, and my position at the bottom of div 3 proved it. Like this week, I was happy to be able to run one race, and shocked when I actually had time to run a second. So I'm probably going to have another bad week since I've only been able to run two races, clean(4 total), this week.

Just finished work - too tired to try running a faster time - submitting time now - collapsing in a gibbering heap soon after :crazy:

Fastest lap - 1'49.366

EXelero

You're totally right cass. You'll never put up a competitive time running only a couple of laps, it often takes at least 100 attempts (obviously this includes restarts) before you really get down a good lap worth submitting....

Ran another clean race. Cut 4 seconds off. Changed setup a little.
R3/R4's for 1st 6 laps. R4/R4's for remaining laps. This might be my final time unless I get another clean, faster time.

Fastest lap this race 1:50.294. Slower than before but more consistant lap times.

kennythebomb
To get my div 2 wins I spent a couple hours each day....15-25 minutes is nothing.
Do you have a job? Or a life outside of GTP/GT4? Sorry, I do.

And this race definately won't only take 15-25 mins. to get 10 clean laps in a row isn't easy, especially if you want to be fast.

Event

And this race definately won't only take 15-25 mins. to get 10 clean laps in a row isn't easy, especially if you want to be fast.

I have a job but Subway doesn't give me very many hours...

finally had a go at this race 4 4 hours and achieved this

using TCS and R3/R4 tires for 5 lap stints and setting AI to 10 and putting them on hards (unfortunately i caught up to them on lap 8 and i really lost the plot when i approached them, i wasnt sure how the hell to overtake them safely so i ended up sitting behind one of them for a 1/4 of the lap, waiting for an oppurtunity, it cost me 4-5 seconds at least and after that, i lost composure and my final two lap times were dismally slow and inconsistent

fastest lap 1'47.172 (i'm happy with that)

time submitted, i know i can improve by 5 seconds, but i wont be able to catch hotboi or veilsidber, so i'll settle for this, and look forward to competing for gtplanet in the BC!

cya later everyone, and good luck in the results

PS i think putting AI on RSH and on level 10, u may actually never come into contact with them, but i didnt have time to experiment. oh, and starting the race in gear 2 is essential (3/4 throttle for the initial take off, then full throttle 1 second later, i passed the 1st placed car at the end of the straight on level 10)

Hi everyone,

I see most people are pitting at least once, which I think is much faster than going all out with no pit on RSH or RH. I tried doing that but my initial laps were all like 5-10 seconds slower than on RM and then RS for last 4 laps ... and a pit can't lose you THAT much time ... or am I wrong ?

1st lap was in the region of 1:53,7 and average of rest was probably 1:50.x or something.

I'm quite happy with my time, as I tried beating it 2 times and actually got 2 clean races in, but could not beat the time.

Hopefully enough for BC5, but I doubt it.

Also ... I think using RM/RS for 5 lap stints will almost give the same result as using RM/RM (6 laps) and then RS/RS (4 laps), for me at least ... 👍

bleurabbit7
Not really. 15-25 minutes depending on how fast you are. Though next week should be normal. I do like the multi-lap. It's fun.

Oh my god, you can do this race in 15 mins?!!!???

Thats a quick time man, does Hotboi know?

:dopey: 👍

Kenny, you work in Subway? Those places rock man. A bit confusin on how youre supposed to order if youre a noob, but still rockin.

I hate this race, and i hear im about 19 seconds off the overall pace too, so im gonna have to work on it tonite.

We'll see.

tata.

:irked:👍

kragbees
Hi everyone,

Also ... I think using RM/RS for 5 lap stints will almost give the same result as using RM/RM (6 laps) and then RS/RS (4 laps), for me at least ... 👍

i'm not sure who it was that pointed it out - probably hotboy - but he rightly said that the first lap is the key, so i think it would be best to use the RS tyres first. they have better grip so will help your first lap.

mind you, i'm am a division 3'er so i may be wrong. what would i know?????!!! :dopey:

EXelero
i'm not sure who it was that pointed it out - probably hotboy - but he rightly said that the first lap is the key, so i think it would be best to use the RS tyres first. they have better grip so will help your first lap.

mind you, i'm am a division 3'er so i may be wrong. what would i know?????!!! :dopey:

Agreed ... but for me to switch from soft to medium tyres does not work so lekka, cause then I "think" that the mediums have more grip than they really do ... and mess it up then.

I take it the other way round, 1st mediums and then softs. I guess I probably lose like 1-2 seconds because of the 1st lap ... and then 2 seconds for every lap after that ... but at least I got a clean race haha, which was quite a mission ...

haha what would I know as well haha.

Just about to submit my time. I enjoyed roughly 8 laps or so this week, on my fastest run right up until I tapped the AI and spoilt the run. Been crap, not enjoyable.

1'49.643 fastest lap on my submission, the fastest I managed was a 1'48.* but that was on the dirty run from above. I only completed one clean, quick-ish run.

Hopefully a return to normal next week

Gonna give this one more try tonight and change a few things :

1. Start with RS/RS tyres for 4 laps
2. Turn off TCS ... :nervous:
3. Use RM/RM for last 6 laps ...

Hopefully this will bring a better time ... otherwise I'll just have to be satisfied with my "took forever and a day" time

Good luck people, we all have one more try for this !

HAHA, I can only wish I ran 15 minutes. I just set a time span because I have no idea what hotboi and holl01 are running.

Event

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, but if 15-20 is too much time for you, you may not want to do WRS.

I have a full time job. 50-60 hours per week in fact. I also do work at home and I still find time to run some laps for a couple of hours.

Event

Some advice: Keep that mentality, especially if you're going for a MechE degree. It will serve you well in college, especially in Engineering, especially at a big school like Illinois where there will be a distraction pretty much everywhere you look.

The WRS will be waiting for you when you graduate, but by then GT6 may be out hahaha

Oh and P.S., your avatar is disgusting. :crazy:

Androoos
Some advice: Keep that mentality, especially if you're going for a MechE degree. It will serve you well in college, especially in Engineering, especially at a big school like Illinois where there will be a distraction pretty much everywhere you look.

The WRS will be waiting for you when you graduate, but by then GT6 may be out hahaha

Oh and P.S., your avatar is disgusting. :crazy:

mmmmmmmmm
how does one follow THAT???!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 👍

so choked man!
thought today i'd try and improve my time after a whole weekend of partying
so worn out

but i was set to improve my total by atleast 2.7 seconds! which i thought was impossible
by staying in 4th gear for the 2 turns b4 t2 i was able to be a little faster
on the final lap, the stupid sylvia freakin turns in on me going into the final chicane... if only he knew how to let the leader through....

still happy enough with my time, gonna submit~

good luck in the results :D hope i make the BC team =P

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are particiapting in the teams event, before you submit your final time, watch the replay and write down the fastest lap time you got during the race, and include it with your PM. This is part of the scoring for the team event.

Also be aware that results will be posted for the regular WRS Week 12 results will be posted a few hours later than normal, as I won't be able to be online at the regular time this week. I'll get them up ASAP. The BC5 team results will be posted after everything is finalized, and all replays have been checked. I will contact prospective BC team members by PM and make arrangements to get your replays verified. The Team Event scoring may take a day or two to get finalized, as some people have not included thier fastest lap times and also because it will take me some time to compile the data. Thanks, Todd:)

vexd
Kenny, you work in Subway? Those places rock man. A bit confusin on how youre supposed to order if youre a noob, but still rockin.

Yeah, still confusing at times for me when someone orders something really obscure.

Today I show up and everything is wrapped and only one girl is there....turns out boss didn't call me to tell me I wouldn't be working today since it is July 4th and they closed super early...

Okay, someone gotta tell me: Is it faster to drive with the TCS and ASM on or off?
Right now on the opening lap I'm doing low 1'49 on soft-soft. Use them for 4 laps then change to medium-medium and use them for 6 laps. It feels quite good but I don't know if it really is good.

hOt6o4bOi
toffe, thats the best strategy you can be on for this week

and TCS and ASM are nightmares, stay away :D

I agree, although TCS will hurt you alot less then the ASM will, so if you gotta use it....

Just destroyed my old time, checked the replay and as far as I can tell it's clean, submitting time. This was a great 2 weeks, although I know people will disagree with me, love this track, glad to be getting back to hot laps next week though!

Time submitted.

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed this race. Very challenging selection IMO and two weeks was a good call (I could use another). I appreciate the opportunity to run the same race that's a qualifier for the BC5. Thanks CFM!

No matter what car, if u can stand the heat without the need of TCS nor ASM, just do it. You will get a lot faster, even thinking u won´t. :D

And your hands or your feet can act like a TCS much better than the one present in GT4 or real life. :D

12hr away from deadline and still no clean replay to submit. Lap times' also been dropping a little, it doesn't look too good for me here. :nervous:

Back