GT4 WRS Week 23: "Trimming Time at Mid-Field"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 403 comments
i confess that at the start of the week i didn´t know this would turn out to be this fun... is just something that i was thinking about last night... guys that look for a OLR like this, are extremally competitive...

and that fierce competition makes you angry, satisfied, mad, sad, i mean, lots of emotion trying to shave off a mere 0´1...

just on a side note, Mr P, this week on WRS, had a tougher competition than the first round of BC5, or was just like it?

like i said on the suggestions box, everyweek represents a different challenge, brings out different skills from us... this week, was about driving in our fingertips, memorizing the exact correct moment to brake/turn, hitting the gas in the proper time, seeing with your ghost that if you change the direction of your car on a straight, you already lost 0´030, things like that.

different skills of course, but that´s doesn´t mean they are less important than others for racing... this week everyone is running with the exact same car, same settings (almost) and 90% of the drivers are making the same driving line, so, what´s the difference?

driving fast its always about getting closer to 100% of the limit. this week is just easier to get to 100% there´s not much to take from Veil, hot and holl´s laps, very close to what you can get in this situation. if we were running like, RUF in NUR with N tires, it would be very hard to get 100% of the limit...

so this week was a different challenge, addictive mostly. everybody is close to 100%, but who has the nerves of steel to have cirurgic precision?

even with this closeness, i still think veil, hot and holl will be at least 0´2 ahead of the pack... they are still a step in front of us. but after that, its all wild... nobody knows the result...

well, i´ll just have to get my last run tonight... so addictive...

Well I ran a few more laps at this last night but never managed to beat my time :(
Looks like no podium for me this week then, but that's ok, I can live with that.

It's been fun competing this week and I'm gonna be around a lot more in WRS so Div2 better watch out! :P

lotus350
Well I ran a few more laps at this last night but never managed to beat my time :(
Looks like no podium for me this week then, but that's ok, I can live with that.

It's been fun competing this week and I'm gonna be around a lot more in WRS so Div2 better watch out! :P

Glad to see you back in action, Kelly. SOTB series looks like it will be fun too.:)

Yeah, I too would like to know how the competition felt for ya Mr P here and in the BC. I DESPERATELY wish we'd do the same track as my race... :sly: .

jump_ace

Submitted.
I spent 2 hours yesterday afternoon (between MotoGP and WTCC) to improve my lap time by 0.020
Doesn't pay off much.

New splits :
T1 : 20.475 (seen 20.380)
T2 : 39.656

I think the BC5 race was tougher because I never actually knew what was doable on the combo .... I hit 1.05.015 within my first sessions in the Amemyia and never beat it after that ... but I was pretty confident I would get top 5 ........ It never happened and I finished 8th :ouch:
It was all lost in the last tunnel by not power sliding through it :ill:

the same has happened this week also and most of my loss is in the last tunnel again ... I just cant shake off that Omen :nervous:

As long as I finish higher than 8th I will be happy with my efforts ... but damn there are some sweet sectors from D2 and D3 guys to push any D1 driver for sure:eek:

A big Congrats to everyone for the effort they have put in to this sweet combo ... everyone has shown a real Friendly yet Competitive side this week! 👍 👍

Well Done :cheers:

Good luck in your Results ;)

I have good and bad news

The bad news is that my chances of a podiumspot are zero.

The good news is that the Top 10 Div.2 drivers are in the running for the podium.

Why?

Just did a lap that was nearly the same as my fastest laptime.
But my T2-time was a 0.111 slower.

Exciting! isn't it? :lol:

Man that is a real BUMMER Curtis, I sure hope its insured. :scared: .

jump_ace

insured... but self installations are a different story i think...

im gonna be on the lookout, on the local buy and sell type of thing

first second i see it trying to be re-sold... i will beat that motherfCuker down

geeTeye
Had a decent session over the weekend, dropped into a certain bracket at the finish.

Well im in that bracket too...better keep a look out for the competition....:P
Still .2 to come, prob not gonna have time tho

I'm soo mad I didn't get into that bracket. Jeeeeeeeez. It was my goal at the very beginning of this week and I somehow couldn't get to it. Although I'm very very close... :sly: Oh well, I don't want to put anymore time into this week, I've got a few R/L things I need to be taking care of! So, time being submitted, with these splits:

T1: 20.356(seen 20.295 TWICE)
T2: 39.619(second fastest T2 ever, not including my .515 dirty run)
T3: Blah

Time submitted with slower first and second T times and a tenth of a second faster at the stripe. Good luck and good job to all this week. i loved the combo.

Peace

Dang Curtis, thats gottta suck real bad.. my gf got her mp3 player stolen, not once but twice!
Hope insurance covers it!

~~~~ Jase

wow, insurance is trying to screw me over

my deck is 499.99 retail

and they are saying they will only give me 269.99~ tOtal bull**** im gonna fight till i get all my money's worth

I got tempted into this one and was too good to miss.

Would like more time on it but as you all know the BC is still on going

I'll submit my time if I can find the replay.

Well I decided to have a last few laps at this and managed an improvement much to my amazment!

New sectors...

Very poor last bend that lost me a lot of time though :(

congrats on ur T1 miracle of 20.218, like, yeah, whatever! thats all i have to say about that hot, haha!

i thought i had it won this week but obviously to beat u and veil, i have to produce a miracle lap! there will be a next time though, u can count on that, i will have my vengance on u both!

holl01
congrats on ur T1 miracle of 20.218, like, yeah, whatever! thats all i have to say about that hot, haha!

i thought i had it won this week but obviously to beat u and veil, i have to produce a miracle lap! there will be a next time though, u can count on that, i will have my vengance on u both!

cmon dan, don´t disapoint me on what i said to you, forget the wrs and do that thing. =/

Got some more time for this combo. About to submit a 20.298 // 39.412 with a crappy hairpin curve, but atleast it's a legit lap unlike my last one.

lotus350
Well I decided to have a last few laps at this and managed an improvement much to my amazment!

New sectors...

Very poor last bend that lost me a lot of time though :(

Oh man... that's it.. theres goes my podium.. :(
Great sectors Kelly and T13r!! 👍

~~~~ Jase

New splits, should give SHigSpeed a fright :sly:

T1: 20.331
T2: 39.562

But then I completely fluked the hairpin, got it inch perfect and picked up more than .2 over my previous best.

That will do, time submitted

In light of new competition.. and my desire for first place..
New Splits

T1: 20.386
T2: 39.499 (my 4th sub 39.5 and i finally did something with it)

~~~~ Jase

Most likely my final splits.

T1 - 20.352
T2 - 39.533

Looks like mid pack D2 for me again...

I'm a little disapppointed that I didn't hit any goals that I set myself and didn't learn a gadammned this about this track .. the tunnel and left sweeper are still absolute mysteries to me and even 1 week later I'm hitting them with my fingers crossed.

Going to finish way lower than I personally find acceptable, but I can only hope that the replays reveal something to me for future experience.

Nice combo CFM, shame I couldn't do it justice.

VTRacing
New splits, should give SHigSpeed a fright :sly:

T1: 20.331
T2: 39.562

But then I completely fluked the hairpin, got it inch perfect and picked up more than .2 over my previous best.

That will do, time submitted

DAMN YOU AQUA SCUM! That's it, now I'll have to forego sleep again this week like at HK to beat down that time (and take out those pesky D2ers as well...).

Okay, kids, off to bed! Daddy's got some laps to run!!

-SHig

as always, my top time comes on monday, so:

T1: 20´274 👍 finally get that one right
T2: 39´419 not so well here
Hairpin - lost 0´1
end - not much improvment, but lets see

had a lap 0´071 faster than this one, but was dirty :grumpy:

CFM, don´t make us wait too much for the results, please. i´m really curious

Back