GT4 WRS Week 7: "Skyline Fanboyz"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 648 comments
I was using the 350 GT-8 Skyline for a while just for the silly factor and the rear wheel drive. But there's no turbo for it so I couldn't reach the 500 HP limit. I switched to the Nur model with a really sweet slate color.

And T times? Well...don't worry. They're no good. Yet. ;)

Gotcha, and I'm assuming still that you guys are using the stock "Racing suspension" setting of 2.0 and 1.0 for camber? I'll see what I can do tomorrow...

Camber for me is mildly adjusted at a 2.1/1.5 setting. Of course, I've yet to nail a good lap time but I only got a chance to run about 5 laps. Hopefully I'll have some time tonight. *crossing fingers...er...paws?*

Well after a few runs tonight, have done a little better.

Still running the GT-R V-Spec '00

T1 : 31.531
T2 : 59.493

Looking for just .1 more at the finish really, then will be happy.

hOt6o4bOi
- 246km/h at my braking point down to 3rd
- 3rd gear for turn 2, into a quick 4th
- 3rd gear for turn 3
- 4th gear for the "S" turns ( right side tires a little off into the dirt for the turn in )

t1 - 29.548

- 232km/h at my braking point down to 3rd
- 218km/h at the entry to the "S" turns, down to 3rd, then to a quick 4th in the middle and then back to 3rd

t2 - 56.347

- 3rd gear for both of the last 2 turns
Sounds like you could shave a couple of tenths off that time if you adjusted your gearing. All those "quick shifts up and down" cost you.

Of course, I'm currently nowhere near your times, so maybe I shouldn't be giving you tips :odd: 💡 :)

BTW, where in Vancouver are you? I grew up there!

Is it just me, or are all major Skyline models an absolute handful to drive once pushed past around 400bhp? I'm finding it very difficult to dial these babies in, and I've tried with 4 different models now. I'll be trying out holl01's (?) settings tonight, but I notice his settings are very, well, simple. Am I tweaking these cars too much and losing overall balance in the process, or does the fact that holl01 apparently drives with the DS2 (according to this week's leaderboards) have something to do with it?

Actually, has anyone else noticed that the top drivers in every division on those leaderboards are using the DS2? Is it an unfair advantage perhaps? I would've thought DFP drivers would have the edge with enough practice :odd:

Anyway, one race session left before submission day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's final times!

vexd
...and seeing, as everyone did it to me too, i vote for Z to be promoted.
Awesome believable times man.

Thanks, man! Though I sure hope I'm not placed in the position you were any time soon. The Div1 guys are just mind-boggling fast to me, even when I think I'm at my limit. So, if I can steer clear of them (no pun intended), I'll be a happy camper.

An aside: just beat my personal best by ~.1 -- I think I'm good and maxed out for this week. Splits look about the same, though..

T1: 29.954
T2: 57.123

I think i just realised the biggest curse of my skyline, the understeer is not there at all, and it does actually now have a twitchy, oversteering tail! I'm too tempted to always let off then pump the gas lol, just watching some of my replays sees me encouraging my lack of traction into powersldies! lol, damn :)

Yeah I had to add an LSD to my V-Spec II Nur to compensate for the mammoth amounts of power oversteer coming out of turns 1, 6, 10, and 11 :grumpy:

Time submitted 👍

I had a ton of fun with the race this week ... in the end, I've run almost 1500km (which is about 1300km more than I usually get to do). I even got my first GT4 injury, a blister on the top of my left thumb from turning the wheel into all of these hairpins!

My final setup was pretty simple:

R34 GT-R M-Spec Nur '02 @ 499hp

Brakes: 3 / 3

Springs: 10 / 10
Ride Height: 86 / 86
Bound: 4 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 4
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabs: 4 / 4

Gears: Tranny Trick
Final: 3.250

Aids: 0 / 0 / 0

Downforce: 30 / 33

It's still not clear to my why the M-Spec seems to be the fastest car? The GT-R '00 was 499hp @ 1278kg (0.390 PWR), while the M-Spec is 499hp @ 1311kg (0.381 PWR)... 33kg heavier! The only difference I could see in the settings is that the M-Spec has a 10mm lower ride height, which in theory means more downforce :confused:

Can't wait to see the results!! :scared:

Attachments

• blister.jpg
    blister.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG0029.jpg
    IMG0029.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 30
had another quick go tonight, gonna get a good go in tomorrow and make up for lost time!

Shaved .2 off

Loosing time in all 3 sectors, shave another .3 - .4 off and i will be happy.

GTmaniac
It's gonna be close at the finish line again! 👍
@Veilsidebr,I'm glad that my settings helped you! :)

LOL, it helped a lot. Great Work at that. :)

I didn´t get my best time tho, i can down like 0.8 yet. Will work on it. :)

Luxy
Time submitted 👍

I had a ton of fun with the race this week ... in the end, I've run almost 1500km (which is about 1300km more than I usually get to do). I even got my first GT4 injury, a blister....
:confused:

Can't wait to see the results!! :scared:

dood.....

You posted a Thumbnail of your Thumbnail...!!....
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :dopey:

I have to get out more.

Right, off to get some track time....

Hmmm.... T1 was ok I guess... I had a 29.540. T2 was LOADS better at 56.489. Dang hOt6o4bOi! You are too fast! Using the DS2 and GT-R V-Spec II N1 '00.

I see the front guys using the M Spec though... maybe I'll have to try them.... :dopey:

Dang, that's an awesome T1! Girl, you need to keep putting some laps in, because you could put the rest of D3 to shame here!

Man, this week's tough!

M-spec Nur'02 still
Now using ds2 pad coz thumbs getting a beating from the wheel, off out to play 1st Div pool for the evening so no more for tonite!

But new splits are

T1 30.993
T2 58.830

and well over 1/2 sec off final time, too!

Neil

why, oh why did I have to start the formula gt championship?

Im not going to get chance this week :(

Back