Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
There's a reason why this series has sold over 70 million copies. And it aint the gorgeous looking cars.

It's a hard concept to understand for some. Especially for those who never bothered to play the game

Yes, the gameplay in the first four games is mostly great. That is why the series sold so well, GT5 on the other hand wasn't great in the gameplay department but it sold well on the looks, numbers and the name alone.

I don't know why THAT is a hard concept for some to understand. Many of us are fans of GT series, we loved GT 1 - 4 but weren't impressed with the GT5 gameplay.

SimonK
Yes, the gameplay in the first four games is mostly great. That is why the series sold so well, GT5 on the other hand wasn't great in the gameplay department but it sold well on the looks, numbers and the name alone.

I don't know why THAT is a hard concept for some to understand. Many of us are fans of GT series, we loved GT 1 - 4 but weren't impressed with the GT5 gameplay.

I consider driving to be apart of the gameplay and IMO that part of it is fantastic. They did a great job with the feel of driving the different cars. A-spec itself was hit and miss, mostly miss. AMG Academy was very good, Endurance racing(4 hr & 24 of Nürburgring + Le Mans) was awesome. A lot of the other stuff was just blah though. Everyone had different opinions though, nothing wrong with that.

you're having a laugh.

what has possibly changed from the gameplay from 1 till 5 that was negative? huh? you know the driving element? If anything the gameplay has gotten better.

stop kidding yourself. You're not impressed because you never played any of the games. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking such nonsense as this.

vandaliser
People who always mention outsource clearly do not have a clue. It's better for PD to hire more staff in house rather than assign things to substandard outside developers and ruin quality control. That's why when it comes to modelling cars no one touches polphony.

The argument can be made that a modelling studio that specializes can more efficiently do quality work. A modelling studio has every incentive to meet a required standard.

Rudenut
The argument can be made that a modelling studio that specializes can more efficiently do quality work. A modelling studio has every incentive to meet a required standard.

But PD have two levels of standards. An outside company wouldn't know what the heck was going on.

Why? Because PD did such a stellar job on the gameplay in GT5?

Yes they did. In my book, and countless others as well, GT5's on track gameplay is stellar.

Quite being so black and white SimonK when what you speak about has so many shades of grey.:)

you're having a laugh.

what has possibly changed from the gameplay from 1 till 5 that was negative? huh? you know the driving element? If anything the gameplay has gotten better.

stop kidding yourself. You're not impressed because you never played any of the games. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking such nonsense as this.

The simple premise of driving a car around a track and the physics around that have improved, yes. But I'm talking about gameplay such as I don't know, the offline career mode. You know, the core element to every single GT game since it's inception. In GT5 it is extremely poor compared to previous games in my opinion. It has a terrible level system, not many events and and I just did not enjoy it as much as previous games.

Can you really be so closed minded that you think anyone whose opinion differs from yours means they haven't played any of the games?

you're having a laugh.

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps the downsized amount of races? Umm, maybe the exclusion of manufacture races from GT4? And uhh, I think the lack of proper online events, like in GT5P? And I suppose the inclusion of levels, which might have made the licenses pointless.
It's generally accepted as fact that the gameplay in GT5 is the worst out of all the GT series. I think you need to distinguish yourself the difference between fact and opinion. Lastly, please, get over yourself.

vandaliser
you're having a laugh.

I'm really trying to figure out why you find it so hard to accept that there are people that don't think GT5 is the most amazing racing game ever. The fact that I own GT1-GT5 and played them extensively and think that GT5's gameplay is the worst out of all of them totally proves your assumption false.

That is all.

But PD have two levels of standards. An outside company wouldn't know what the heck was going on.

New cars to the series, Premium cars, had an extremely high level of standard. The standards were ported from previous games so probably not something an outsource company would touch. Same with the tracks. No new material was substandard and neither will any going forward.

The simple premise of driving a car around a track and the physics around that have improved, yes. But I'm talking about gameplay such as I don't know, the offline career mode. You know, the core element to every single GT game since it's inception. In GT5 it is extremely poor compared to previous games in my opinion. It has a terrible level system, not many events and and I just did not enjoy it as much as previous games.

Can you really be so closed minded that you think anyone whose opinion differs from yours means they haven't played any of the games?

offline career mode? lol

that's like a story element in adventure.fps games.

no one gives a **** about that. you said gaemplay. gameplay is the bit where you know race/drive the cars. the basic part in every game.

that part is still untouchable. perhaps you need to understand what the term gaemplay is before banding such stuff around. and speak for yourself. this is still the highest ps3 exclusive. sold shed loads of DLC and ofcourse after all these months still popular online.

and yes you havent played it. you have proved that from your own mouth by focusing on things like offline career mode. anyone who has played gt from the first game back in 1998 would not be moaning that much over gt5 offline career mode.

you havent played gt5 much at all. hence your points are all invalid

I'm really trying to figure out why you find it so hard to accept that there are people that don't think GT5 is the most amazing racing game ever. The fact that I own GT1-GT5 and played them extensively and think that GT5's gameplay is the worst out of all of them totally proves your assumption false.

That is all.

what was so good about gt1-4 gameplay that trumps gt5?

i am curious. let's hear it. i give you a platform here so to speak. cmon then

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps the downsized amount of races? Umm, maybe the exclusion of manufacture races from GT4? And uhh, I think the lack of proper online events, like in GT5P? And I suppose the inclusion of levels, which might have made the licenses pointless.

It's generally accepted as fact that the gameplay in GT5 is the worst out of all the GT series. I think you need to distinguish yourself the difference between fact and opinion. Lastly, please, get over yourself.

lol.

downsized races? online events? clutching at straws. that is not gaemplay senior.

next

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually there is no fact here, its all opinion. Opinion is only ever fact to those who don't hold a contrary opinion. The point being; you can't please all the people, all the time. Life would be pretty dull if you could.

It's generally accepted as fact that the gameplay in GT5 is the worst out of all the GT series. I think you need to distinguish yourself the difference between fact and opinion.Lastly, please, get over yourself.

Generally accepted and fact are two things that don't go together, especially in this case. It is generally accepted that A-spec in GT5 is poor and maybe the worst in the series, but it is not a fact and never will be.

I think you need to do the same, as do a lot of people on these forums. Opinions aren't facts, general consensus isn't fact, and believe it or not some people love GT5 for what it is.

what was so good about gt1-4 gameplay that trumps gt5?

i am curious. let's hear it. i give you a platform here so to speak. cmon then

Play GT2, tell me how many events there is and the restrictions on each, they even had a station wagon cup, separate GT500 GT300, on and on + event generator.
GT4, every make had onemake races for individual models(thats 100+ onemake races ALONE) .
Then there was 4-5 difficulty(when licences used to matter) tiers each with several events of several races, then you had 3 National tiers, with DTM SUPERGT and even a mock Mille Miglia endurance race for oldies

The only step forward in GT5 is the introduction of true point to point staggered start rally events, the rest of the events/restrictions are backwards. FGT event in GT4 was like 15 races of 40 laps , like a real F1 season.
These are facts.

Play GT2, tell me how many events there is and the restrictions on each, they even had a station wagon cup, separate GT500 GT300, on and on + event generator.
GT4, every make had onemake races for individual models(thats 100+ onemake races ALONE) .
Then there was 4-5 difficulty(when licences used to matter) tiers each with several events of several races, then you had 3 National tiers, with DTM SUPERGT and even a mock Mille Miglia endurance race for oldies

The only step forward in GT5 is the introduction of true point to point staggered start rally events, the rest of the events/restrictions are backwards. FGT event in GT4 was like 15 races of 40 laps , like a real F1 season.
These are facts.

I repeat. Offline career mode is not gameplay. no matter how much you and the rest think. Yeah sure gt5 a spec is not on the same level as previous ones but if you want really nice events and career mode then i suggest you play codemaster and pc sim games.

Gran turismo gameplay still reigns supreme. There's more gameplay elements in 5 than the rest of all 4 put together. That's why for all it's minor faults gt players keep coming back for more.

These are facts.

I'm starting to play GT2 again on my PSP and I must say the whole set of events is great! Wagon Cup, hell yeah! And good restrictions. 98hp, 147hp (in truth, 100ps, 150ps, etc)... really fun. And there was the thing with Gran Turismo Association championships, first regional, then continental and World Championship.

and yes you havent played it. you have proved that from your own mouth by focusing on things like offline career mode. anyone who has played gt from the first game back in 1998 would not be moaning that much over gt5 offline career mode.

you havent played gt5 much at all. hence your points are all invalid

:lol:

What is gameplay then?

the part where you race/drive the car on the track.

the thing that made numerous publishers copy gran turismo during the 90s. the thing that gave birth to copycats like forza.

the real driving simulator

that is gameplay. not your offline career stuff. a spec be spec. that's like story elements. you know why people like devil may cry 1 and 4? It aint the story bruv. It's the 60fps slashathon

oh simonk. i think the ridiculous one here is the one who never played gt5 at all and still moaning about it months and months later:dunce:

Personally, the rediculous thing I see here is the petty argument of how good or bad GT5 is in a thread that isn't about that in the first place.

Back