Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
Gonna be waiting a long time I think.
They've only just finished the photos.
Probably around 3 more years till its in code.

I reckon with a bigger staff, they could complete stuff in a fraction of the time. God forbid PD were to hire more people lol.

I'm sure they would if it weren't so simple. I'm not exactly educated on how staff are taken on board, but PD aren't idiots, so I reckon if they could get a lot more staff, they would. Mind you, how do you know they haven't? :P

I'm sure they would if it weren't so simple. I'm not exactly educated on how staff are taken on board, but PD aren't idiots, so I reckon if they could get a lot more staff, they would. Mind you, how do you know they haven't? :P

They should have taken on more staff YEARS ago. I'm talking, after GT3 sold so well. GT5 should have been made by a lot more people than it was.

SimonK
They should have taken on more staff YEARS ago. I'm talking, after GT3 sold so well. GT5 should have been made by a lot more people than it was.

As negative as you are at times simon im inclined to agree with you on this one.

One question that has nothing to do with this...i want to know the width of Bathurst...anyone knows? Google can´t help me today and it is driving me sick. Why i want to know? Because i made it in Outerra engine but need the real size of the width. I have it custom in 8 meters.

A basic model based in fractal mapping.So it is real size in a "realistic" 3D environment.
No cities no buildings just plain and mountains + the circuit. Google Earth based.

bathurst.png

bathurst2.png

bathurst3.png

bathurst4.png

New 10 minutes later version with the chicanes side by side with Google Earth:

newversionbathurst.png

bathursttodabialefalta.png

It still needs work the part of the chicanes at the left part of the track but this engine is still in development and it is "easy" but at the same time hard to make things 1/1 at 100%. But the idea is that it will be possible.

Last edited:
Guessing from various photos, it appears to be about 9 metres wide (it appears you can fit approximately four and a half R35 GTR's from line to line, and they are around 1.9 metres wide).

Guessing from various photos, it appears to be about 9 metres wide (it appears you can fit approximately four and a half R35 GTR's from line to line, and they are around 1.9 metres wide).

Thanks for the answer.I put it in 10 meters now.

vlcsnap2012032622h09m48.png

The Commodores and Falcons are 1.85m wide. I'd say there would be about 2-2.5m gap there total so I would say about 8m odd. That is near the top of the mountain.

Line to line I would be looking at a tad under 8.

Based on using the ruler in Google Earth (not the most accurate reading, I know), 8 metres seems to be closer to accurate than 10 metres.

or just outsource the parts that only require manpower, such as modelling cars. Every single console gaming company does that but somehow PD is stuck in 2005.

because PD's been working on GT4's sequel for more than 7 years and counting, yet its competition has 4x unique (not duplicates/nascars/etc) premium cars.
Also every other console gaming company working on this genre keeps releasing content faster and faster. Today I saw what the complete edition of Dirt3 has to offer and thought why PD simply can't do the same. It's not like they offer high quality content anyway.

vlcsnap2012032622h09m48.png

The Commodores and Falcons are 1.85m wide. I'd say there would be about 2-2.5m gap there total so I would say about 8m odd. That is near the top of the mountain.

Line to line I would be looking at a tad under 8.

Thanks again. But man you live there...go to Bathurst
and use a meter come on!! lol:dopey:

Based on using the ruler in Google Earth (not the most accurate reading, I know), 8 metres seems to be closer to accurate than 10 metres.
Yep i saw some other videos and the one with Jenson Button´s F1 lap and it seems like 8 to 9 meters no more.
Thanks.👍

People who always mention outsource clearly do not have a clue. It's better for PD to hire more staff in house rather than assign things to substandard outside developers and ruin quality control. That's why when it comes to modelling cars no one touches polphony.

Why? Because PD did such a stellar job on the gameplay in GT5?

There's a reason why this series has sold over 70 million copies. And it aint the gorgeous looking cars.

It's a hard concept to understand for some. Especially for those who never bothered to play the game

Back