Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
Other things to consider:

IF PD release V8 Supercars in ANY form (take a potential Nissan DLC V8)...

We can almost guarantee we're getting that car. I don't think that they'd go through all the trouble of getting us that track, then leave out any of the cars that race there. (although we do still have the Falcon XR8)

R1600Turbo
... I don't think that they'd go through all the trouble of getting us that track, then leave out any of the cars that race there...

Have Top Gear Test Track.
No Cee'd.

Still, I hope you're right, but I wouldn't call it a sure thing given their track record :sly:

Have Top Gear Test Track.
No Cee'd.

Not sure thats really a big deal considering it wasn't the only reasonably priced car. Besides, our choice works just fine ;)

As far as I can work out, We got Daytona with the Cup cars (and Indy), We've got six tracks to race the Ferrari F1 cars, we've got an updated Circuit De La Sarthe for the LMPs and We got the 24 Hour Nurburgring course that can be raced with about three or four cars from the 24 hour race.

As far as I can work out, We got Daytona with the Cup cars (and Indy), We've got six tracks to race the Ferrari F1 cars, we've got an updated Circuit De La Sarthe for the LMPs and We got the 24 Hour Nurburgring course that can be raced with about three or four cars from the 24 hour race.

I can only think of three out of the possible four: Spoon S2000, R8 LMS (Team PlayStation), and the Schulze Motorsport GT-R. Did you count the R8 LMS' separately?

There better be a big bad roo floating around in a paddock some where.. I remember a driver hit a roo a few years ago and it was horrific lol. You just seen the thing get ripped apart and a big spray of blood. Ouch! The car was a write off.

I can only think of three out of the possible four: Spoon S2000, R8 LMS (Team PlayStation), and the Schulze Motorsport GT-R. Did you count the R8 LMS' separately?

Not really but I was counting this:

The Falken Skyline as well. I think the Viper GTS-R was there as well.

Technically the Viper would count too (didn't think of it at first since it wasn't in the zakspeed colors) and I'm sure the IS-F RM is based on the car Kaz raced in 2010.

Not sure thats really a big deal considering it wasn't the only reasonably priced car. Besides, our choice works just fine ;)

there isn't a single "reasonably priced car" in GT5, which are the cee'd, a suzuki liana and a chevrolet lacetti. Also the game could use a mildly tuned versions of all of them just like in the show, with roll cages and all.

actually there aren't many cars in GT5 that were featured on the show and the license is very poorly used in general. For example the game could have the studio as a photo mode location (which was made for the game but somehow didn't make it to the final version), clarkson's voice, downloadable episodes and what not.

In the end what I mean to say is Yes it counts as an example, and Yes it is a big deal.

there isn't a single "reasonably priced car" in GT5, which are the cee'd, a suzuki liana and a chevrolet lacetti. Also the game could use a mildly tuned versions of all of them just like in the show, with roll cages and all.

actually there aren't many cars in GT5 that were featured on the show and the license is very poorly used in general. For example the game could have the studio as a photo mode location (which was made for the game but somehow didn't make it to the final version), clarkson's voice, downloadable episodes and what not.

In the end what I mean to say is Yes it counts as an example, and Yes it is a big deal.
Suzuki Swift.

Clarkson had said that it would make for a good "reasonably priced car" for their stars.

there isn't a single "reasonably priced car" in GT5, which are the cee'd, a suzuki liana and a chevrolet lacetti.

I wasn't reffering to GT5 when I said "our Choice", I was reffering to this

actually there aren't many cars in GT5 that were featured on the show and the license is very poorly used in general.In the end what I mean to say is Yes it counts as an example, and Yes it is a big deal.

So the "license" was poorly used just because they included the track and not the cars from that segment or the Standing standing start, neither of which were ever promised. This sounds alike something you and many others expected, not something that was ever promised.

So the "license" was poorly used just because they included the track and not the cars from that segment or the Standing standing start, neither of which were ever promised. This sounds alike something you and many others expected, not something that was ever promised.

Just because something it wasn't promised doesn't suddenly mean the license is well used, does it? The same goes for the WRC license. No they didn't promise us lots of stages to race on with proper WRC rules but they still underused the license.

It seems quite simple to me. If they acquire a license for anything but only do a small fraction of what would be possible with it then it's underused, simple as that. What we expected them to do with it doesn't affect that statement.

In what world would standing start on TGTT not be expected?

Whether it's through Polyphony's idiocy, or Sony's neglect at failing to get it locked down, a standing start should absolutely be part of Test Track. Hell, a standing start should be an option on all tracks, coupled with online leaderboards.

it was to be expected that the game made a decent use of that license. It wasn't that hard to be honest, so turn10 did.

If the game features the TGTT and uses it as a selling point it's safe to assume it'll include the cars, including the 3 mentioned ones and many other featured on the show. Same goes for adding Aussie tracks but without V8 supercars, or major formula1 circuits with only 2 cars from the same team, or having WRC cars but without a single real world stage, dtm cars without tracks, etc.

The only license that was implemented in a decent way was nascar.

I don't want this to go to another "PD fell asleep for 6 years" argument. The idea is that it would be a failure if for GT6 they include Australian tracks but not cars, among other linked things (in TG's case standing starts, cameras, studio, voices, videos) and having special events, leaderboards, etc. etc.

Last edited:
it was to be expected that the game made a decent use of that license. It wasn't that hard to be honest, so turn10 did.

If the game features the TGTT and uses it as a selling point it's safe to assume it'll include the cars, including the 3 mentioned ones and many other featured on the show.

Just because something it wasn't promised doesn't suddenly mean the license is well used, does it? The same goes for the WRC license. No they didn't promise us lots of stages to race on with proper WRC rules but they still underused the license.

Big difference however is that they showed off that WRC license (along with the NASCAR and Super GT one) so those were hyped and naturally lead to disappointment due to the few tracks for them and a short list of cars. Only the Top Gear Test Track as far as I can remember was hyped. No where am I saying if the license was well used or not, I'm questioning the actual presence of a "Top Gear License" just because of that one track under a trademarked name. Pretty sure it could just as easily been in there if it was under the name "Dunsfold Airfield" or something since thats all it is.

In what world would standing start on TGTT not be expected?

While its not the same as doing it automatically, you can still do the standing start yourself.

Now since we've gone far off topic (really, we shouldn't post here anymore in this thread unless its in regard to the subject matter), Lets continue this conversation elsewhere, maybe in a PM or something.

Last edited:
Big difference however is that they showed off that WRC license (along with the NASCAR and Super GT one) so those were hyped and naturally lead to disappointment due to the few tracks for them and a short list of cars. Only the Top Gear Test Track as far as I can remember was hyped. No where am I saying if the lisense was well used or not, I'm questioning the actual presence of a "Top Gear License" just because of that one track. Pretty sure it could just as easily been in there if it was under the name "Dunsfold Airfield" or something since thats all it is.

The Stig was shown in the first official trailer.

Read please:

Now since we've gone far off topic (really, we shouldn't post here anymore in this thread unless its in regard to the subject matter), Lets continue this conversation elsewhere, maybe in a PM or something.

Maybe i am speaking a bit too soon of this, but it seems like Bathurst might be a nightmare ONLINE! the lack of run off areas in most sections, steep climbs and drops with tight turns, its a punters dream.

On the bright side, i do hope it has some time progression features, would love to drift down that mountain at sunset, GT6 photomode drool.

Maybe i am speaking a bit too soon of this, but it seems like Bathurst might be a nightmare ONLINE! the lack of run off areas in most sections, steep climbs and drops with tight turns, its a punters dream.

Not a problem in a racing series with drivers that know how to drive. ;)

It's funny how how I watch this thread develop. The guy made his post, he had some major haters, then a week later, gtplanet confirmed what he said. I felt great. " in yo face haters!"

It's funny how how I watch this thread develop. The guy made his post, he had some major haters, then a week later, gtplanet confirmed what he said. I felt great. " in yo face haters!"

GTPlanet didnt confirm, he did, then they just spread the word. Plus, no one was really "hating" on him, they just wanted proof. It is, afterall, against the AUP to spread false information...

Back