GT5 - Collector's Edition

• Thread starter Tomaz
  • 1,607 comments

Tomaz

(Banned)
TomLeeChan
Say what?
When and where can we preorder this?

Only special livery for certain cars or also special cars only for CE?

I'm buying regardless of region. I need to get my hands on it :D

I've already pre-ordered the basic game at Gamestop. You'd think they let me change is the that one right? I hope.

I hope its not over 1 kg, since I order games from UK and they won't dispatch if weight excees 1 kilo.

Yes I just called them.. They told me I had to come in but it would be fine to switch. I guess I know where I'm going when I get off of work.... yay

This really depends for me on how much the DLC cars cost, and what they really are. If it's just a different livery, or something that's faster without tuning, then I won't do it.

But if the DLC is a car that isn't available otherwise, and they cost $10 each or something, then I'd probably do the CE. Obviously doing the pre-order.

- Sylish, premium packaging,

- exclusive 1:43 scale diecast Nissan GT-R Spec V,

- an in-depth 300-page car guide,

- a GT-branded key chain,

- a voucher for five DLC cars ("regular" cars only with special livery???),

- a numbered certificate of authenticity.

What comes with the collectors edition?

The included diecast car is an exclusive 1:43 scale 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with a custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho, who have been making some of the best collectible diecast cars for over 20 years. The 300+-page exclusive Collector’s Edition book from Polyphony Digital will be essential reading for GT fans, containing everything from the history of the automobile, to driving techniques, professional racing tips, car and engine basics and tuning know-how, and reference data about Gran Turismo 5. I want to warn you that the Collector’s Edition has a limited run, so pre-order it quickly if you want to guarantee your copy.

for position, the Stig on the Top Gear test track, and much more.The exciting pre-order program for Gran Turismo 5 offers exclusive and beautiful in-game cars as bonuses, including the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Nissan GT-R GT500, McLaren F1, and more. Each car features an exclusive and stylish Gran Turismo-themed “stealth” livery custom-designed by Polyphony Digital, with select performance upgrades over the standard versions of the cars available in the game. Pre-orders offers will be coming soon at participating retailers for both the standard and Collector’s Edition versions.

I'm gonna wait 'til GS has it on their site, then I'll order GTCE.

Jerome

This is one of the best collectors release from any game I've seen so I'll preorder the Collectors edition tomorrow from either GS or Amazon, also time to start getting 2 more PS3's.

Yeah ill be pre-ordering the Collectors Edition, Even though its going to sit there for about at least a year before it even gets touched as im leaving on my OE just before it releases but ill pre-order it and get somebody to pick it up and put it away safely somewhere for my return :) (along with my G27 etc :lol:) Bugger..

If it's $100 or less, I'll be grabbing it, since it'd be a pretty good deal considering the diecast. Would want the special cars too; this new trend of offering "exclusives" for pre-orders or special editions is frustrating, though.

If it's $100 or less, I'll be grabbing it, since it'd be a pretty good deal considering the diecast. Would want the special cars too; this new trend of offering "exclusives" for pre-orders or special editions is frustrating, though.
From what I understood, the special cars will merely have special paintjobs and performance updgrades over the standard ones.

I think I'll be grabbing it too, if it is around $100. I don't normally order CE of any games, but I like PD, and is one company I don't mind supporting.

Edit: Hope Amazon puts it up soon, so I can upgrade my pre-order.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for a Collectors Edition, I knew they would do one, so I guess I'll pre order as soon as I can, it's a must buy for me regardless of price.

Back