GT5 demo December 17 !

• Thread starter Goldrusher
  • 1,387 comments
Can you tell us the region of your demo and the region of your PS3 ?

The EU demo might not support 480i and an American PS3 won't output 576i.

So you can't play this demo on your PS3 in SD. Just wait for the US demo if you can't use a HD resolution.

BTW The EU PS3 supports the output of 480i but it's not configurable by the user :(. It's automatically choosen if the game doesn't support 576i.

Its the EU Demo and my PS3 is NTSC region. Of course I tryed to play it on my European account as well and that didn't go too well either.

Just get it from Japanese PSN, it's the same game and it's in English. Took me the whole of 2.5 minutes last night to download from my japanese PSN account.

Its the EU Demo and my PS3 is NTSC region. Of course I tryed to play it on my European account as well and that didn't go too well either.
Using another account won't help.

It's an artificial restriction of your US PS3. Sony probably did this because many NTSC TVs don't display 576i properly.

It's an artificial restriction of your US PS3. Sony probably did this because many NTSC TVs don't display 576i properly.

When the US demo is going to be avaible? i have the same problem with the video outpost, i really hope you are right, i been waiting to play this demo.

So I'm gonna have to wait for a very long time if this US version comes out anytime soon. At least I'm not gonna have to buy another TV just to play it.

Why don't you just get the Japanese demo? They use NTSC which means you won't encounter any issues. It took me like a total of 10 minutes to setup an account last night and 3 minutes to download. Come on people, it's not that difficult. There's a guide on this website to tell you how to do it, I found it through Google.

For those asking about the US version:

The US store rarely updates before 4PM eastern time. Often it is closer to 6Pm or 7PM, and I have even seen it update after midnight.

Got the demo downloaded, now I'm trying to adjust to these physics starting with the road car and its killing me right now.

This is why- http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5ttc/ranking/?board=0&area=41

There are 6 registered US times. You will all have to download it again to get a prize, and be in the top six combined times of course.

I find it redundant to do things twice, but I guess you get to do null laps while I don't. Also, I was under the impression it would be ready for download last night.
Lol, I don't care about that competition. That's the last thing I'll worry about. I have better things to do with my time than waste time practicing over and over to get the top time on some leaderboard. The PSN store in NA updates around 9pm EST or so, maybe even later sometimes, just so you know. And the official date is 12/17 which is today.

New driving physics overall are great, but they still didn't fix 2 really big problems.
1. On grass/sand car handles worse than on ice.
2. Button sensitivity with DualShock3. You still can't turn ore dose throttle enough precisely to drive clean and make good times.
It was good on PS2... adn GT5 is in some way their third PS3 game and they still didn't fix it :/

ps. Sorry for my English ;)

New driving physics overall are great, but they still didn't fix 2 really big problems.
2. Button sensitivity with DualShock3. You still can't turn ore dose throttle enough precisely to drive clean and make good times.
It was good on PS2... adn GT5 is in some way their third PS3 game and they still didn't fix it :/

Well, I'm not quite sure you have to drive on the grass to begin with. Exactly how is it supposed to handle in the grass?

So its only available in japan ps store ?

Its also available in the EU store, but its recommended that US residents download the japanese one as the EU version apparently does not support the Video Output on NTSC PS3s.

Probably later today. Think 5PM EST or so and you likely wouldn't be far off.

Thank God I didn't take today off from work then! :lol: C'mon fess up, who did, someone out there had to.

Jerome

I would say that is more to do with the controller itself, it doesn't have the same feel, the button feels like an ordinary button. Its not as pressure sensitive as the one on the PS2, apparently Sony thought the triggers made up for it. Way wrong answer Sony! The triggers suck, we have to buy those trigger grips for £2.99 just to make them usable, and they still don't have enough travel and arn't as good as say the Xbox 360 triggers... Or the Gamecube triggers... Or the Dreamcast triggers... (Bam thats their 3 main competitors in the past 10 years all with better triggers - Oh and the one on the Wiimote too) The list goes on.

EDIT:

It's been a long day, but i am finally downloading it! 18% at the moment, 28 minutes to go :P

I can't wait! ...To see how bad i am at this game when i can't get in the top 250... :indiff:

Last edited:
Back