GT5 demo December 17 !

• Thread starter Goldrusher
  • 1,387 comments
Complaining brings change that's all. We are never content, and we are critical for our most beloved game of all.

No one really complains about the trees in NFS Shift, because we don't really like that game, but every detail of GT5 is assessed and meticulously examined. Sure it could be better, but the game is great overall

Complain where complaints are warranted, not just for the sake of it.

My goodness, people are complaining about absolutely anything and everything, there is a happy medium to be struck.

If the car in this demo was flying through the air in a Forza 3 stylee type thing, then yes, I'd be first in the complaining line, but from the rather limited videos we've seen, all using controllers for some strange reason, not a wheel in sight, it all looks rather marvelous to me.

People seem to forget this is PD not Codemasters, they don't need a constant barrage of negative comments and petty complaints to make the game to the best of their abilities, by the way Codemasters couldn't even make a decent game if they were given one from Santa.

All I'll say is this, if you're playing this Time Trial and looking at the trees or how the dude's hands aren't quite moving at the exact same rate my thumb is on the controller then you haven't got much hope ! But good luck anyway.

All I'll say is this, if you're playing this Time Trial and looking at the trees or how the dude's hands aren't quite moving at the exact same rate my thumb is on the controller then you haven't got much hope ! But good luck anyway.

Now now... Facts are facts, but I was also being sarcastic.

Even if a GT game looked literally as real as the WRC on TV, you'd still have noticeable controller lag with the in car steering wheel compared to a GT, G25, G27 - or any wheel. It is an unavoidable technical limitation that will not go away for a very long time!

I personally play in bumper cam view to avoid that particular distraction, but let the nit pickers pick because pick they will and it is better to accept nothing is perfect! 👍

One thing I forgot to consider is that the 9am release time could be for the Europeans... I wonder if in America, we'll have to wait till 9am ourselves...

You have a point. It's a bit like a person who isn't English, yet reads English everyday fails to spell the same words correctly. People look at it and they wonder what leads that person to never change it. Perhaps if that person wasn't there, the spelling errors would disappear?

It's never good to be offensive nor intend to be offensive towards someone's only known way of doing things.

Lets be thankful that PD are using a new studio down the road to do the online code for GT5. Lets also be thankful for all the new features that will arrive in GT5 that everyone can pick at.

I'll tell you now. Until we have 100Hz TV's across the world and consoles able to render far more detailed scenes than we have today at 100Hz, we'll always be able to pick at how the steering wheel in the dashboard view never quite rotates at the exact same time as our real steering wheels, but lets be thankful we have that dashboard view and lets be thankful we have trees at all.

If I do any more thanking, it'll be for my dinner... Jeeves!...

Hey, mate, English is only one of my many hobbies. Not my work like sound, AI and graphics for those engineers are. In fact, engineers of best driving game on the planet, which is hell of a responsibility, similar to NASA but within its own gaming world. My natural language is so difficult that you can't even imagine to write with it correctly after 20 years of learning. Despite that, I would never try to use something like this to knock down some decent arguments.

You used another bad argument, you don't even know what those 100 Hz technologies are for. They are technology which is inserting fake computed frames between every two another 50Hz ones on the fly to make illusion of smoother flowing image on the screen. But it has nothing to do with our wheels in the cockpit on the screen being little late. In fact, it can make things only worse, because there is some time needed to render that fake frame. Thing called input lag is responsible for that. First little one while screen draws the picture which was given to it and the second little one in the game alone. In the end, one quite noticeable delay.

You fired with bad weapons and missed by a continent. Ehm... twice.

And be overly thankful that we have combination of 2020 car graphics and 1995 sounds, AI and track graphics doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:
^^
But... the trees look good in that demo, what's the problem?

Well, besides cardboard spectators(!) and no... skidmarks. :rolleyes:

Seriously RedBaron you're spot on, once again IMO 👍

Is it 9 yet? :scared:

Hey, mate, English is only one of my many hobbies. Not my work like sound, AI and graphics for those engineers are. In fact, engineers of best driving game on the planet, which is hell of a responsibility, similar to NASA but within its own gaming world. My natural language is so difficult that you can't even imagine to write with it correctly after 20 years of learning. Despite that, I would never try to use something like this to knock down some decent arguments.

RedBaron, I wouldn't ever say you don't have anything positive to contribute, much the same as the Gran Turismo games really are fantastic, in spite of trees being made up of 2 flat planes. Why pick? GT isn't about to look like WRC on TV any time soon and even if one day - it does, there will still be other quirks. Just enjoy the game.

You used another bad argument, you don't even know what those 100 Hz technologies are. They are technology which is inserting fake computed frames between every two another 50Hz ones on the fly to make illusion of smoother flowing image on the screen. But it has nothing to do with our wheels in the cockpit on the screen being little late. Thing called input lag is responsible for that.

You fired with bad weapons and missed by a continent. Ehm... twice.

And be overly thankful that we have combination of 2020 car graphics and 1995 sounds, AI and track graphics doesn't make any sense to me.
:yuck:

Actually I know more than you give me credit for and you obviously misunderstood my post, so in other words that you might understand... We will need 100Hz TV's accepting console feed rendering full scenes at 100 times per second. The consoles would need to render each scene, at 100 frames per second.

It is common practice for a developer to check the controller and process any input once per frame, but you're right in that the controller itself will also need to transmit input data faster - just as a console + game will need to process it faster! Oh and not once did I mention frame duplication technology in TV sets, in fact, the point I was making completely eliminated that as a possibility.

Got to leave for school at 8:30 :( might have a look to see if it's early or I will have to wait till later when servers are being slow. and laptimes are getting faster.

A young man pondered, out loud, why time exist.

The bearded man with a tobacco pipe resting in his mouth responded "So everything doesnt happen at once".

All of this time converting and so on is trivial at the end of the day. The US/Canada PSN gets updated at about 9pm EST every day, not 02:00 AM EST, same goes for every other PSN as well.

All I'm saying is just because PD or whoever it is said it's coming out 09:00 GMT doesn't mean it will come out exactly that hour everywhere.

I feel so.. jealous... I was so excited when I heard this, then, BAM. I got the Yellow Light Of Death on my PS3 the next day.. I'm not even kidding. This game is the reason I bought a PS3, and I can't even play the demo on launch day.. :(

Latest Posts

Back