GT5 demo December 17 !

• Thread starter Goldrusher
  • 1,387 comments
Understood, paddle shifters are also working now. Tough course, gonna take me a few tries to get it figured out, I guess I could just turn on the racing line...:dunce:

Why the hell didn't I think of this demo realese, got my G25 in 1000 pieces at home and suddenly it's the 17 of dec !! Anyone else had the problem that the force feedback only works in one directions on you g25 ??

So just out of cursity - I don't have a PS3 and don't intend to get one - what does the demo actually contain?

Between you and me, you're not really missing out on much. (Regarding the demo)

But why don't you intend to get a PS3? I mean, GT5 is the only reason I bought one, and it seems if you don't intend to buy one, why are you here?

Guys anyone knows how to turn on the inside camera on replays to show the driver? I did 6 lap, I watch all 6 laps of replay and none of the cameras go to inside of the car to show the driver.. what gives?

Man, what a tough decision. Do I:

*Go ahead and download the demo from the european PSN store

or

*Wait until it is up on the US PSN store

Either way, my head is spinning:dunce:

But why don't you intend to get a PS3?
It's a money thing. I can't justify shelling out for one when the only games I'd be playing would probably be GT5 and Final Fanatasy XIII. Especially since I'm at that point where I'm leaving university in the near future and need every dollar I can get. Besides, I'm not that much of a gamer anymore - but that doesn't quell my curiosity.

I mean, GT5 is the only reason I bought one, and it seems if you don't intend to buy one, why are you here?
I hang out in the other forums, mostly the motorsport one. Besides, I'm interested in working in the gaming industry as a writer since I'm a pretty good storyteller (or so I like to think), especially if I can't get publised.

WTF? "You cannot play this game at the current video output setting" :ouch:

100_1676.jpg

Last edited:
Hum... that's another thing they could test for... how big the impact would be to make it HD only... maybe they saved space/resources by not having it render lower resolutions or something. God I hate having to be here and not @home testing this out properly :(

Oh god don't tell me its restricted to HD?
That'll suck if GT5 itself is the same :lol: Although it's a good excuse to get a HD TV :dopey:

Ergh. Stupid weaksauce Aus/NZ PSN servers. 35% after 55 minutes. :grumpy: Guess I'll have to finish the download in the morning. :| (something odd: on the NZ PSN store the demo is 219MB. Weird.)

Last edited:
It kinda makes sense. Not using HD is not experiencing the game to the fullest. Since I tried it on the 1080p bravia I never came back to the (1024x)768 video projector that I used to play GT4 on PS2.

It's a money thing. I can't justify shelling out for one when the only games I'd be playing would probably be GT5 and Final Fanatasy XIII. Especially since I'm at that point where I'm leaving university in the near future and need every dollar I can get. Besides, I'm not that much of a gamer anymore - but that doesn't quell my curiosity.

I hang out in the other forums, mostly the motorsport one. Besides, I'm interested in working in the gaming industry as a writer since I'm a pretty good storyteller (or so I like to think), especially if I can't get publised.

interludes
SCREW IT - LET'S DO IT

WTF? "You cannot play this game at the current video output setting" :ouch:

100_1676.jpg

Can you tell us the region of your demo and the region of your PS3 ?

The EU demo might not support 480i and an American PS3 won't output 576i.

So you can't play this demo on your PS3 in SD. Just wait for the US demo if you can't use a HD resolution.

BTW The EU PS3 supports the output of 480i but it's not configurable by the user :(. It's automatically choosen if the game doesn't support 576i.

Last edited:
Does anybody know how to change replay camera so i can see the driver? I hope its possible since it was in some videos

Back