Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCitizen

RedBull Racing
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
JonCitizen
Since the game will have close to 1000 cars and 20 tracks, what more can we expect when the DLC becomes available? (& the game for that matter)

According to KY, there will be no DLC, but then again, we never know what PD has up its sleeve.

Since the game will have close to 1000 cars and 20 tracks, what more can we expect when the DLC becomes available? (& the game for that matter)

Not 20 tracks......20 locations and 70 variations;)

i don't think kaz said that there won't be dlc. I think he just said that he wants to have everything in the game once it releases. I think it would very well be possible that we get dlc when car manufacturers create some new cars

more tracks would do the game justice as well. I wouldnt mind spending money on tracks that have been apart of GT since day 1

more tracks would do the game justice as well. I wouldnt mind spending money on tracks that have been apart of GT since day 1

Yes bun new track you can put in GTmode, so new track then could be used in Arcade/multiplayer ...

I'm hoping for at least track DLCs. God knows we have enough cars off the bat to keep us busy.

I'm not sure how it works, but wouldn't fictional tracks be really easy to make for DLC? They dont need to be modelled after anything, they can just be created from imagination.....

Also looking forward to GT TV and new music/background. just any simple stuff that can refresh the experience once every half-year or whatever.

Tricky situation regarding DLC.

With the time it takes them to create new or simply update old tracks, they'll have nothing new for GT6, if they release some for GT5.

On the other hand, even with a TON of new content and a much, much higher number of PS2-owners, GT4 sold ~50 percent less than GT3.
So it might be better to update GT5 and save GT6 for the PS4.

There is not gonna be a dlc, because if kaz wanted there to be dlcs he would have released the game by now and improve it later!!!! But kaz is a perfectionist...

There is not gonna be a dlc, because if kaz wanted there to be dlcs he would have released the game by now and improve it later!!!! But kaz is a perfectionist...

well DLC you talking about are "patches" which change the game (graphics, physics, etc)....I think DLC for "add-ons" such as items (tracks, cars, etc.) are more likely....

Then again these threads are completely useless. :(

1000 isn't that much if you consider 50 variations of skylines 20 & 20 evos and wrxs and so on... plus new models come every year so the library of cars could be infinite!

It appears that I made a DLC thread way back in April already. Should've used the search button. Continue this discussion there. Even so, Kaz has said, multiple times, that DLC won't be showing it's face in GT5 country.

It all depends whether or not GT6 comes out on the PS3, if the time gap between them is reduced to say 2/3 years ( wishful thinking, i know ) it may not be commercially sensible for them to do so ( unless it's a patch ).

If the gap is wide enough it would make sense to update the car line-up or add tracks, charging for it will probably depend on whether GT5 is a succes or not.

DLC is a must for a game like GT5. Even if KZ somehow manages to fit in everything he wants on the disk, manufacturers wont stop making cars after GT5's release.
Small car-packs for $5, new series for $10 - $15 (LeMans, Formula One) and free liveries once every few weeks. Hell, I'd pay for that.

I dont think there are any more skylines that can be added.

GT6 will be the DLC... expensive one :D
Remember they said GT6 will be a 'quickie' cuz they have the engine, physics and all that... They just put more stuff and some minor changes and its done.
Who knows, they might even be leaving out some already(or almost) finished tracks from GT5 on purpose to have stuff for GT6.

It's simple clear, if P-D put Track éditor and livery éditor they will put DLC. Hope not expensive. Not 10€ for one track or 10 poor cars, i hope half less.

It's simple clear, if P-D put Track éditor and livery éditor they will put DLC. Hope not expensive. Not 10€ for one track or 10 poor cars, i hope half less.

Why? If they were to be included it would be more likely they would be in the full game as it is released.

No sorry i dont explain very well, i will say, if the Track editor is on Blue ray disc, we can be ready for have some custom fans tracks (maybe with approbation from PD before and i hope it), and same for the Livery éditor.

I forget, another thing it's custom fan préparation car too.

According to KY, there will be no DLC, but then again, we never know what PD has up its sleeve.

That's not true, at all. He said he doesn't like to release DLC very soon after release. It makes fans feel like they got robbed, he said. I'm sure that as new cars are released in the real world, they will be added to the game. We have the new Pagani and new Lambos coming out this year I believe, and unless they are in the game already, they will be added after release.

GT6 will be the DLC... expensive one :D
Remember they said GT6 will be a 'quickie' cuz they have the engine, physics and all that... They just put more stuff and some minor changes and its done.
Who knows, they might even be leaving out some already(or almost) finished tracks from GT5 on purpose to have stuff for GT6.

I agree with you!!👍

One would hope the 6 year wait just gives us everything for 60$ without having to spend even more money to insult it.

PD confirmed 20 tracks so far, so I'm expecting to see track packs as DLC, I would love to have Isle of Man (TT course), but this is almost impossible to happen.

PD should model all tracks from the previous versions and release them for free, and any new additions to the series would be available by paying. That's seems fair and reasonable in my opinion, but it's not commercially interesting, so it's not happening. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Of course there will be dlc, but I don't expect it all to be free like for GT5p. Maybe some will be free but most will be paid, like any game these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back