GT5 gets Platinum!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 53 comments
  • 4,375 views
That's great news!

Yeah I can buy it again cheaper!??? WTF

Why is this good?

Anyone who hasn't picked it up by now isn't a proper fan of GT, so get ready for for all the NFS crew invading online! GREAT!
 
Yeah I can buy it again cheaper!??? WTF

Why is this good?

Anyone who hasn't picked it up by now isn't a proper fan of GT, so get ready for for all the NFS crew invading online! GREAT!

Nothing wrong with NFS XD

As long as any new content is available to everyone and not stuck on the new disc's I'll be happy.
 
Do we get the price difference back? :D
 
ive only had my ps3 7 months
so what are these platinum games?
 
Best Sellers.
 
My first Gran Turismo game was platinum.
Gran Turismo 3
 
I'm a GT fan to the core but methinks they're going to need to do more to stay ahead of the upcoming Forza 4

I'm even considering buying an eggbox when it comes out :scared:
 
I'm a GT fan to the core but methinks they're going to need to do more to stay ahead of the upcoming Forza 4
I'm even considering buying an eggbox when it comes out :scared:

Yes, I agree. I've been feeling slightly worried as of late because Forza's release date is approaching yet we haven't really heard ANYTHING from PD in a really long time. :nervous: Have they surrendered to their main rival or are they simply being tight-lipped? Ugh! I wish one of the members here was a Sony employee who could give us some info! :dopey:
 
Yes, I agree. I've been feeling slightly worried as of late because Forza's release date is approaching yet we haven't really heard ANYTHING from PD in a really long time. :nervous: Have they surrendered to their main rival or are they simply being tight-lipped? Ugh! I wish one of the members here was a Sony employee who could give us some info! :dopey:

Why are you worried? It's not as if PD will be closed down when FM4 releases, there is room for more than one sim-racing game on the market. This is what I really don't get about GT fanboys... why does everything have to be a fight? It's childish, really... it IS. What's wrong with someone ignoring a game they don't like or better yet, actually trying the rival game before badmouthing it. Grow the **** up! Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport are not fighting against each other to become the only game on the market, there is room for both of them. You know what? I actually feel sorry for GT fanboys... they're so obsessed with worshipping GT that they immediately get angry and upset whenever Forza/Shift is even mentioned and they refuse to even try either of those games. Oh well, they're missing out on two other fantastic racing games. Their loss, I suppose. Since I don't worship GT, I'm going to enjoy playing Forza 4 this autumn and any other racing games that are released... all the while, they're stuck with an incomplete game (GT5) waiting for GT6:Prologue which will get delayed time after time.
 
I'm a GT fan to the core but methinks they're going to need to do more to stay ahead of the upcoming Forza 4

I'm even considering buying an eggbox when it comes out :scared:
What, like this?
 
Why are you worried? It's not as if PD will be closed down when FM4 releases, there is room for more than one sim-racing game on the market. This is what I really don't get about GT fanboys... why does everything have to be a fight? It's childish, really... it IS. What's wrong with someone ignoring a game they don't like or better yet, actually trying the rival game before badmouthing it. Grow the **** up! Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport are not fighting against each other to become the only game on the market, there is room for both of them. You know what? I actually feel sorry for GT fanboys... they're so obsessed with worshipping GT that they immediately get angry and upset whenever Forza/Shift is even mentioned and they refuse to even try either of those games. Oh well, they're missing out on two other fantastic racing games. Their loss, I suppose. Since I don't worship GT, I'm going to enjoy playing Forza 4 this autumn and any other racing games that are released... all the while, they're stuck with an incomplete game (GT5) waiting for GT6:Prologue which will get delayed time after time.

Dude. Relax lol. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I wasn't badmouthing Forza/Shift. I have Shift 2 and think it's a really good game. AND, I'd love to try FM4 but sadly don't have an X-Box. I agree, there's room in the market for multiple sim-racers. All I was trying to say was, it'd be cool if PD released some new content w/this platinum edition or in future updates. Not necessarily to compete w/FM4 or S2 or discourage people from buying those games, but simply to just keep things exciting and fresh.
 
Last edited:
...waiting for GT6:Prologue which will get delayed time after time.
You are supporting a biased non informed point which shows you have an agenda. Nobody knows if GT6 or prologue will be delayed time after time.
 
captaincrunch24
AND, I'd love to try FM4 but sadly don't have an X-Box. I agree, there's room in the market for multiple sim-racers.
I don't even consider Forza Motorsports a simulation game. It's more of an arcade game.
 
Why are you worried? It's not as if PD will be closed down when FM4 releases, there is room for more than one sim-racing game on the market. This is what I really don't get about GT fanboys... why does everything have to be a fight? It's childish, really... it IS. What's wrong with someone ignoring a game they don't like or better yet, actually trying the rival game before badmouthing it. Grow the **** up! Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport are not fighting against each other to become the only game on the market, there is room for both of them. You know what? I actually feel sorry for GT fanboys... they're so obsessed with worshipping GT that they immediately get angry and upset whenever Forza/Shift is even mentioned and they refuse to even try either of those games. Oh well, they're missing out on two other fantastic racing games. Their loss, I suppose. Since I don't worship GT, I'm going to enjoy playing Forza 4 this autumn and any other racing games that are released... all the while, they're stuck with an incomplete game (GT5) waiting for GT6:Prologue which will get delayed time after time.

Wow......................

No need to get your panties in a bunch

Don't you want PD to "up" their game?

I'm not saying its a fight between games, i'll try any racing game

Just i've never considered buying another console for one

Forza 4 looks pretty good 👍
 
Can I us my G27 steering wheel on Forza 4?Because I don't race with a controller and I'm damn sure not gonna drive with Kinect.
 
Can I us my G27 steering wheel on Forza 4?Because I don't race with a controller and I'm damn sure not gonna drive with Kinect.

Nope. M$ are ****ing idiots.
 
so all they do is put a horrendous looking yellow border and lower the price?
That's not going to be the box exactly.

Nope. M$ are ****ing idiots.

Before someone else says it, it's Logitech that needs to support the game. Although, M$ could force Logitech to do it. 👍
 
Hah, a platinum edition so soon? Sounds like desperation to me.
 
I don't even consider Forza Motorsports a simulation game. It's more of an arcade game.

3 questions to you:

have you ever played forza?

have you ever played a racing simulation on the pc?

do you claim, that gran turismo is a real simulation?
 
Hah, a platinum edition so soon? Sounds like desperation to me.

A game only needs to sell a certain amount of copies and once that line is crossed it can be sold as platinum, nothing more sinister or complicated then that.
 
A game only needs to sell a certain amount of copies and once that line is crossed it can be sold as platinum, nothing more sinister or complicated then that.
Exacly. The Platinum edition is just a cheaper version of a game, no new content that we don't already have. I also think that the game also have to be out for at least eight months, as well as the number of sells. Games like InFamous, Just Cause 2 or NFS Shift are also Platinum.
 
What a joke. 9 months and still no DLC or any missing tracks. Pathetic.
 
That was fast but I guess it means it sold well. I just don't get why Platinum games have to be so ugly. Why not keep the original artwork and just put a yellow sticker on the case or something?
 
I guess it's impossible for a thread here to not involve someone bringing up Forza.

...sigh..
 
Yellow in retail usually signifies something as being cheap/reduced in price. Yellow is the colour used in different supermarkets for the labels showing the new reduced price when it needs clearing or near it's use by date.
It's bargain imagery and possible impulse purchase product.
 
Back