Percentage of players with platinum?

• Thread starter JayRS200
  • 53 comments
The current PS4 trophy percentage for the platinum is 0.1%. This is largely meaningless as it takes in every PSN account that has the game added to their profile. This will include people with multiple accounts, people who played the game once because it came bundled with their PS4 and never touched it again, and people who took one look at the game and immediately started shrieking MY SINGLE PLAYER MODE. Even with that in mine, 0.1% is the lowest the percentage can go, so it's nowhere near precise enough for a game with millions of players the way GT Sport does.

Trophy tracking sites will always have higher completion percentages for games and trophies. This is because you have to put your PSN ID in there manually, and such sites are predominately used by people who make a point of earning trophies.

Currently, PSN Profiles has it at 0.72% of 141,500 players: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6806-gran-turismo-sport
Truetrophies as listed is 1.2% of 34,000 players: https://www.truetrophies.com/t190763/gran-turismo-platinum-trophy-trophy
PSN Trophy Leaders has 1.4% of 59,800 players: https://psntrophyleaders.com/game/view/gran-turismo-sport-ps4

For reference, the Gran Turismo 5 platinum on PSNP is 0.62% from 670k players: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/460-gran-turismo-5

I would rather go by the trophy tracking sites as if you go on those sites. You are interested in trophies.

Either way, it is a prestigious trophy

Is says 0.1 on mine. I wonder if that's all PS players or all GTS players.

Might be a good thing to add to Kudos Prime.
All GT Sport players 100%.

49.6% of all GT Sport players have bought a car and 73.9% have won a race.

All GT Sport players 100%.

49.6% of all GT Sport players have bought a car and 73.9% have won a race.
To be fair, I think you're given a car to start, and you can get the trophy for winning a race within GT League.

Thanks. So somewhere between 0.1% and maybe 2%? Still quite low even if it's 3%. I think it's still fair to count everyone who has played the game even though they only played a little.

The current PS4 trophy percentage for the platinum is 0.1%. This is largely meaningless as it takes in every PSN account that has the game added to their profile. This will include people with multiple accounts, people who played the game once because it came bundled with their PS4 and never touched it again, and people who took one look at the game and immediately started shrieking MY SINGLE PLAYER MODE. Even with that in mine, 0.1% is the lowest the percentage can go, so it's nowhere near precise enough for a game with millions of players the way GT Sport does.

Trophy tracking sites will always have higher completion percentages for games and trophies. This is because you have to put your PSN ID in there manually, and such sites are predominately used by people who make a point of earning trophies.

Currently, PSN Profiles has it at 0.72% of 141,500 players: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6806-gran-turismo-sport
Truetrophies as listed is 1.2% of 34,000 players: https://www.truetrophies.com/t190763/gran-turismo-platinum-trophy-trophy
PSN Trophy Leaders has 1.4% of 59,800 players: https://psntrophyleaders.com/game/view/gran-turismo-sport-ps4

For reference, the Gran Turismo 5 platinum on PSNP is 0.62% from 670k players: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/460-gran-turismo-5

Thanks. So somewhere between 0.1% and maybe 2%? Still quite low even if it's 3%. I think it's still fair to count everyone who has played the game even though they only played a little.

They don't have any other option really. They have to count every user who logs into GT online

I think it's interesting, overall. I think it could be that it was easier to get at launch, or maybe there was a different vision altogether. Either way, GTS has gone over many changes - many of which I'd say have been for the better - and I think these changes have affected how easy it may be to get wins/poles, such as how daily races became weekly as one example. I am hoping that in GT7, the Platinum will be a bit more manageable while still being challenging.

While I like the idea of using famous real-world driver stats for the trophies, I think a more realistic trophy would be something like reaching DR A, or perhaps taking a qualifying time from one of those drivers and using that for a time trial.

I have a personal belief that while trophies are meant to be challenging, they're meant to have a "baseline" of some sort, where obtaining them should be a relatively non-subjective experience. For example, I am far more content with the "Beat Zico" trophy from WipEout HD, despite its notoriety, because you're tasked with beating a certain time, and said time is the same for every player who tries to obtain the trophy.

I think it's interesting, overall. I think it could be that it was easier to get at launch, or maybe there was a different vision altogether. Either way, GTS has gone over many changes - many of which I'd say have been for the better - and I think these changes have affected how easy it may be to get wins/poles, such as how daily races became weekly as one example. I am hoping that in GT7, the Platinum will be a bit more manageable while still being challenging.

While I like the idea of using famous real-world driver stats for the trophies, I think a more realistic trophy would be something like reaching DR A, or perhaps taking a qualifying time from one of those drivers and using that for a time trial.

I have a personal belief that while trophies are meant to be challenging, they're meant to have a "baseline" of some sort, where obtaining them should be a relatively non-subjective experience. For example, I am far more content with the "Beat Zico" trophy from WipEout HD, despite its notoriety, because you're tasked with beating a certain time, and said time is the same for every player who tries to obtain the trophy.

The ranking system for level 50 was a joke

Yeah, it makes me wonder what was the planned method to reach level 50, especially since the Driving School segment conspicuously stops at “Intermediate,” and you don’t really get much for levelling up in general.

I'd say the percentage of people who've played GT Sport and got the platinum trophy is well below 0.1%.

I'm pretty sure I was well past the races, wins and pole totals long before I reached DR A. You know yourself how much of a slog that is. While that is an objective measure of skill in a way that poles/wins aren't, I'd argue it's a more off-putting goal for a larger amount of the playerbase. If you're not an alien and you spend your time at D/C/B rank actually learning racecraft and how to drive quickly, you're still going to be at the mercy of other inexperienced/less capable drivers who will affect your ratings. While this can be said for winning races too, those don't carry over from race to race. Winning one race has no influence on winning the next one, but if you get punted into oblivion at turn one and finish last your rating will go down.

I'm pretty sure I was well past the races, wins and pole totals long before I reached DR A. You know yourself how much of a slog that is. While that is an objective measure of skill in a way that poles/wins aren't, I'd argue it's a more off-putting goal for a larger amount of the playerbase.

Really? Because I recently broke into DR A and I still have a ways to go to get the poles/wins trophies.

Really? Because I recently broke into DR A and I still have a ways to go to get the poles/wins trophies.
My 91st win came in October 2018. I reached DR for the first time in July 2019, that was with me doing almost every FIA race in between those points.

A large amount of those early wins came during a week of the Honda Beat around Yamagiwa in Race A. I just drove lots and lots of them trying to get as many wins and poles as I could. There might have been times there where I artificially lowered my DR by deliberately cutting corners to get penalties or finishing lower than I could/should have, but it still took several months after that of driving honestly and trying to be better to reach that point. I've since won races in a number of classes at DR A, with both a controller and a wheel.

I took a big drop in order to get the 2 crash master's trophies too. This was before Kudos Prime, or before I knew or cared about it. Now my curve looks terrible but I wanted them quickly back then to get the platinum. Then I saw the drift trophy and gave up for years. Can't be bothered drifting unless it's in a race.

I took a big drop in order to get the 2 crash master's trophies too. This was before Kudos Prime, or before I knew or cared about it. Now my curve looks terrible but I wanted them quickly back then to get the platinum. Then I saw the drift trophy and gave up for years. Can't be bothered drifting unless it's in a race.
The drift trophy isnt that hardly get. I got it one night while having a few beers. Took the old chevelle out to crack springs and just kept rerunning it trying to play with the lines with some good music. Seriously took maybe and hour and a half, possibly 2 hours max. And no other competitors to mess up my night either.

Been DR A twice now, race wins and poles are a lot harder to come by while pushing to race hard, fair and clean. At least 5 of my wins came while recovering SR in lobbies where I ended up the rabbit to unfortunate slower drivers. It is still a bit BS with matchmaking when you can be on pole by over 2 seconds a lap.

I have the platinum for all GT games and GTSport is, by far, the easiest one to do it. You pretty much just have to stick to it, because is just hugely time consuming.

I'm not a drifting fan also and did this easily: Tsukuba (just some corners), '83 Porsche 911, with wood hard tires on the back, no TCS and presto!, since the car is hugely tail happy. You'll be getting anything from 7000 to 10000 points every half a minute - depending on your skills.

Yeah, was looking through my trophies the other day and noticed the Route 66 trophy. You earn it for driving the equivalent length of that U.S. highway (2,448 miles). And only 14% of users even attained that mileage. So were are looking at a absolutely small number.

Keep going you're very close! I did most of 49-50 Blue Moon Bay in the Mazda RX500 set up for top speed. I actually didn't get fed up with or as it's such a cool combination. You can get close to 190mph in slipstream. Use manual gears and you can rev it much higher. But automatic gears you can still get an easy win. I went back to pad to do it.

i am so close being 60,000 away from level 50 but i doubt i will get there before ACC comes out and takes my attention away from GTS.

Keep going you're very close! I did most of 49-50 Blue Moon Bay in the Mazda RX500 set up for top speed. I actually didn't get fed up with or as it's such a cool combination. You can get close to 190mph in slipstream. Use manual gears and you can rev it much higher. But automatic gears you can still get an easy win. I went back to pad to do it.

should have it done in a few days, did a couple of GR.3 endurance races in GTLeague. 44,500 to go :)

Level 50 is reachable. I played for the last 5 months and I'm level +30. I don't play everday and when I do I make the minimum for the daily car.
If you make the whole driving school, missions, and track exp, you will get a crazy amount of money and of XP

Level 50 is reachable. I played for the last 5 months and I'm level +30. I don't play everday and when I do I make the minimum for the daily car.
If you make the whole driving school, missions, and track exp, you will get a crazy amount of money and of XP
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but getting to level 30 is the easy part. Check out how steep the the curve gets after that :crazy:. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-need-to-advance-to-next-driver-level.364538/

I know man, but what I mean is for a frequent driver that will go like 250miles a day, pretty sure by now he could be level 50

No. Everyone at 50 exploited the heck out of glitches and/or used other shortcuts, they did not just race a few races everyday as a normal player would. You've got another few years ahead of you if you are doing that before you are anywhere near level 50.

No. Everyone at 50 exploited the heck out of glitches and/or used other shortcuts, they did not just race a few races everyday as a normal player would. You've got another few years ahead of you if you are doing that before you are anywhere near level 50.

no glitches or shortcuts here, i have drove for every point i have got! thats why it's taken me 2 years to get to 44,500 short of level 50 lol.

Back