Percentage of players with platinum?

• Thread starter JayRS200
  • 53 comments
According to Kudos I’ve spent well over 800 hours driving in the game, and am only lvl 44. So not even halfway to 50. Think the platinum is out of the question for me. Nicely balanced xp-system pd, well done.
:lol:

No. Everyone at 50 exploited the heck out of glitches and/or used other shortcuts, they did not just race a few races everyday as a normal player would. You've got another few years ahead of you if you are doing that before you are anywhere near level 50.
Define "a few races". From zero XP points to level 50 is around 2.400.000 XP, one clean win in the Premium Sports Lounge in an N300 car is 8250 XP, that's less than 300 races and done. Around a hundred hours of driving on the road courses, noticably less if Blue Moon Bay is heavily used.

122hrs driving and just reached lvl 48 though coulda been alot closer too 50 if hadn't wiped a save at lvl 47 lol , blue moon 241 wins though do other tracks in the same category, got a vr headset so things will be slowing down and will take a while too get there.

Define "a few races". From zero XP points to level 50 is around 2.400.000 XP, one clean win in the Premium Sports Lounge in an N300 car is 8250 XP, that's less than 300 races and done. Around a hundred hours of driving on the road courses, noticably less if Blue Moon Bay is heavily used.

Yes but that isn't normal play, that is grinding using the races that give out the best Xp, a shortcut if you will. Not that I am saying there's anything wrong with that, or even with using the old glitches either. What other people do does not concern me one bit and if I cared about trophies I'd do it too. ;)

I was only saying that if you play normally, race online, do circuit experiences, challenges, licences and a GT league race every now again, not the same one over and over again, then it'll take years to reach level 50, which it will.

:gtpflag:

I was only saying that if you play normally, race online, do circuit experiences, challenges, licences and a GT league race every now again, not the same one over and over again, then it'll take years to reach level 50, which it will.

:gtpflag:

Well I am one of those players that's doing the 'normal' play approach. I'm only on Level 47 and on 3/4 remaining to reach Level 48 so by my reckoning if I keep doing my daily workout's/online racing I am probably looking at about two and a half years left to reach Lvl 50.

Aim now is can I reach Lvl 50 before the online portion of GT Sport is either shut down or scaled back, not too fussed either way but I would like to achieve platinum since this is the first GT game I may achieve it on.

Well I am one of those players that's doing the 'normal' play approach. I'm only on Level 47 and on 3/4 remaining to reach Level 48 so by my reckoning if I keep doing my daily workout's/online racing I am probably looking at about two and a half years left to reach Lvl 50.

Aim now is can I reach Lvl 50 before the online portion of GT Sport is either shut down or scaled back, not too fussed either way but I would like to achieve platinum since this is the first GT game I may achieve it on.
That would give you time then before GT7 comes out haha

I got to Level 50 - pretty unimpressed with the lack of fanfare, special car or anything like that. I shan't bother with GT7

Indeed I would have to have almost triple the amount of miles of playing the same way as I had been of I was to level 50. If it had been the same system in any other GT I would have reached it already as by this time I had nearly 300,000 miles. In 1 car in GT6 I have a third of my over all mileage of GTS! Maybe PD fully meant for people to have to grind.

No. Everyone at 50 exploited the heck out of glitches and/or used other shortcuts, they did not just race a few races everyday as a normal player would. You've got another few years ahead of you if you are doing that before you are anywhere near level 50.

Level 50 is just a crazy target. I've roughly completed 1900 Sport Mode races and I'm only at Level 46. Given that the game was designed around Sport Mode, that basically means that my playing style matches their primary use case.

Yesterday i joined the Level 50 drivers.
Level50.png

I'm level 50 and platinum in my main profile and level 43 in the other (started ~10/2019) .
I took more time to get the platinum, ~ 2 years, than the level 50, less than one year an half, this due to the changement of the sport mode races from daily to weekly and the worsening of the penalty system too.

check my signature (below)

IR

I have been driving over 19 days worth of time, just about to hit Level 49. I was making faster progress when grinding the Le Sarthe historic for credits to make the daily mileage when not playing as my main game. But when I play FIA and daily races experience and credits don't go up much. I always felt they should reward people more for online racing if that's what the point of the game is.

I don't mind not getting to L50 yet because race wins are in the 20's and poles in the teens. I don't think I will ever get the platinum anyway.

I can't help but wonder if there was some things planned for GTS that were ultimately scrapped, between no prizes for the higher tiers, and the Driving School being conspicuously cut off at "Intermediate." I'm no game dev but if there's anything I know about that sorta stuff, it's that tons of stuff can get scrapped in development for legitimate reasons - perhaps resources were re-allocated more towards GT7's development, much like in Ace Combat Infinity, the story was ultimately left on a cliffhanger, so that the dev team could focus on Ace Combat 7.

While I also do find it charming that PD picked real-world drivers' stats for the total races/wins/poles trophies, I really hope no such trophies are in GT7, as obtaining them is a subjective experience, contrasted with something like the "Beat Zico" trophy from WipEout HD Fury, which I find more acceptable despite its notorious difficulty among players, because that's just a matter of clearing a certain time on a given craft/course combination. Ideally, I have a perspective that getting any given trophy should be a relatively universal experience, rather than something that's at the mercy of matchmaking algorithms, and can thus be potentially exploited by purposely throwing matches/races/etc.

I would've been personally more content if the trophies were replaced with reaching DR B and A, but ideally, I'd prefer the hardest trophies to be tasks that are still fun to complete. Grinding to level 50 isn't fun, nor is trying to hope you both get a good enough time or get the right lobby for poles/wins. Perhaps one trophy could be replaced with having a qualifying time (or even multiple - maybe ten?) within the top 1000 (or maybe 3000?) for your region.

I don't think it helps much that GTS and its online play has changed a ton since release (thought it's often genuinely for the better) and I'm willing to consider that it may've been easier to get those trophies in the vanilla version of GTS. Just look at how the DR system itself has changed, or how regions are separated within daily races vs. FIAGTCs.

Shouldn't a total driving time of 380 hours be more than enough to get platinum in most racing games? Because that's how long I've been driving in GTS, though I admit I've given up on those two trophies for total wins/poles. Ironically, I got a pole for both this week's daily race with the Renualts at Catalunya, as well as the one before, with the Alfa Romeo 4C at Alsace. Still, I don't think I'm even 1/9th of the way to getting the poles trophy, as I only have nine poles and seventeen wins.

Last edited:
I have the platinum for all GT games and GTSport is, by far, the easiest one to do it. You pretty much just have to stick to it, because is just hugely time consuming.

I'm not a drifting fan also and did this easily: Tsukuba (just some corners), '83 Porsche 911, with wood hard tires on the back, no TCS and presto!, since the car is hugely tail happy. You'll be getting anything from 7000 to 10000 points every half a minute - depending on your skills.

please post screen shots please or

Snowy_Owl_Nyctea_scandiaca_006-by_John_White-m.jpg

I platinumed Sport last week. I feel super relieved and also feel that wins are less important to me. Putting the spotlight and fun clean racing and battles. It's a monkey to get off your back, this I can say.

Edit: The last link in the listing of sites says i'm the 817th player to platinum. No log in required. Chuffed!

Last edited:
Quite an old thread but I want to come back to it as a new Platinum User from a couple of weeks or so back.

And I can quite understand a lot of why not many people have this trophy.

First of all. The grinding to level 50 is an absolute nightmare. If I had to grind for it, I would probably need over 100 hours just for that alone. But thankfully there's oval tracks in gtsport and you have the ability to create your own race with N100 vs Gr. 1 cars to get ridiculous amount of XP. How? Well, with the rubberband-controller technique, making the rubberband accelerate and just slightly turning to the wall of the track. Just put yourself up against 1 other car (Gr.1 car) and let your console on race for as many hours as you can (maximum 24 hours). At the end of the day you finish 2nd and get a ridiculous amount of XP (and also Mileage and Credits).

Yes, it's not the "fairest" way to get this trophy. But I'm gonna be real here, getting this trophy has nothing to do with skill, and I don't mind a bit of grinding, some games take 30-40 hours to complete and you have to grind a bit in-between, but, I absolutely HATE exagerating grind trophies like this one. I was already pained to reach level 40 A-Spec back in Gran Turismo 5 and I had to do it the "fair" way because, well, there weren't that many options really. Having do do the same 9 or even 24 hour endurance race like 3-5x??? Just no. Never again. If there's a way to exploit grinding trophies that take 100 hours of you doing the same boring stuff over and over again, I will use them.

You can argue that I could've just done Sport Mode online races and and have fun doing them while also getting small XP every once in a while.
Now... Onto those online trophies.

All of them are a pain. In my experience, getting pole positions was harder than getting race wins, but you can still get them if you are skilled enough.
However, not everyone in GT Sport (more like the vast majority) are not good enough to be A or A+ or sometimes even upper B rank to get those number of poles and wins. It's simply not feasible.
UNLESS... You tank yourself by decreasing your SR or DR via exiting races and making yourself a C or D rank player while actually being good enough to be on B+. I didn't do this, I was actually quite lucky to get the wins and poles way, waaaay before I got to the 322 races necessary to get the number of races trophy.
And that's the thing... On top of being almost impossible for the vast majority of the community (who also don't like Online Mode and just wanted a good campaign), it takes a crapload of time to complete said races.
First of all, you have to do 1 race every 15-20 minutes... That's 3-4 races per hour. Which is an absolute pain. You should've been able to at least do a race every 10 minutes. And then, you are just limited to 2 small races, which are only changed weekly, meaning you have to do the same races over and over for a week, which gets boring.
And, the most painful part of all this is... That the online people are not clean. Out of 3 or 4 races you get 1 where the other drivers are clean even in a S SR rated lobby, and the penalty system and the way the ghosting works are just way too bad to handle such dirty drivers. Which makes the experience even worse.

As far as difficulty goes, I still find the GT5 Platinum to be harder, but this one is still one of the hardest platinums to achieve, but for me was much more boring to achieve than GT5's.

The only trophies I have left to get the platinum is the level 50 trophy (don't know if I'll ever get it, I'm only level 45), and the 3 Sport Mode trophies. Which I KNOW I won't get. I'm not a good enough driver to get that many poles or wins. The races is easy, obviously; just keep entering races every day and it'll come. But the poles and wins trophies? I won't be getting that one. I have only 3 wins and 2 poles in over 260 races.

Last edited:
I'm down to only the level 50 trophy. And have just hit level 48 on the grind. Not sure how long the remaining 85 or so BMB races will take, but it's now only a matter of time. And I'm sticking to BMB for the ease of the CRB and for the fact I can keep running it in a lazy manner.

Just wanna drop by here as a player who got the platinum trophy in like either May/June.

I do agree that the Schumacher wins and the Senna record pole positions is a toughie especially if the player is planning to keep their DR rank intact unless the player doesn't mind tanking. As for the level 50 trophy, in order for me to lessen the monotony of doing a specific race over and over again I take my time and do a mix of endurance races and the X2014 Le Mans race because the latter gives out a good amount of XP if the CRB is achieved if I don't like doing the BMB race over and over again.

I hit level 50 and got the platinum last weekend. I'm glad the grind is over. Most of the trophies for me just dropped for playing how I normally would have. The level 50 is a massive chore though and I have no idea how PD came up with that one.

I prefer playing online, so the 322 sport races were a breeze. The poles and wins were hard to come by though. The only way I managed to get it was grinding when one of the few combos I am good at came up along with setting a good QT as early as possible. Thank you Demio at Miyabi and Gr4 at Interlagos & Autopolis short. lol. 70 percent of my wins and probably 90 percent of poles were on those combos.

I'm not into drifting so that was the other one I had to go out of my way for. It didnt take that long, so no biggie.

Last edited:
I might start trying for the level 50 trophy to keep me interested until GT7 comes out. It's only that, and the beating Lewis Hamilton one that I have left. The others came pretty easily to be honest....I'm just not looking forward to doing the 500 or so races it will take to get there in the KTM at Blue Moon Bay...

I might start trying for the level 50 trophy to keep me interested until GT7 comes out. It's only that, and the beating Lewis Hamilton one that I have left. The others came pretty easily to be honest....I'm just not looking forward to doing the 500 or so races it will take to get there in the KTM at Blue Moon Bay...
My suggestion is beer :cheers:
I sort of planned mine out and even if I just run 4 a day (hour) I'll be done pretty quickly anyway. I Do find that avoiding any race with the laferrari in it helps make it a cruise. Pop in some good tunes and it actually goes by pretty quick.

Back