GT5 gets Platinum!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 53 comments
  • 4,375 views
Yellow in retail usually signifies something as being cheap/reduced in price. Yellow is the colour used in different supermarkets for the labels showing the new reduced price when it needs clearing or near it's use by date.
It's bargain imagery and possible impulse purchase product.

True but it's a cheap trick considering how the old Platinum games were coloured in silver. We're not just talking about a yellow price tag but an artwork which have been ruined for the sake of it. :yuck:
 
I'm a GT fan to the core but methinks they're going to need to do more to stay ahead of the upcoming Forza 4

I'm even considering buying an eggbox when it comes out :scared:

Gt5 has already sold 8 million, they dont need to stay ahead of anyone. Gran turismo has nothing to worry about. All they need to do is release some DLc content and sales will continue to be strong (GT games have tremendous legs).
 
I think, after all, it's just a box cover. Which should be disposed of when GT6 comes out, so it's only meant to have a shelf life of a few years. Or 10 years if your a cynic.
 
Hah, a platinum edition so soon? Sounds like desperation to me.

LMAo, the lunacy of this comment, Gt5 has already sold 8 million copies............. They made a truck load and it has sold more then Forza 2 and 3 combined. Lowering the price is normal after a game sells so much and has been out for a year.
 
Nope. M$ are ****ing idiots.

Agree. And no forza is not a sim in the way GTR 2 or Gt5 are. The physics, driving aids make it so its borderline arcade/sim mis mash. I have an eggbox and ps3.
 
Agree. And no forza is not a sim in the way GTR 2 or Gt5 are. The physics, driving aids make it so its borderline arcade/sim mis mash. I have an eggbox and ps3.

I do hope you're not equating the two, here.
 
I doubt a reduction of the price of a single game will persuade customers to go for a PS3 instead of an XBox 360 since (at least over here) the XBox is significantly cheaper than a PS3 so the costs saved by going for a Platinum GT5 copy is never going to be the deciding factor.

It would eventually always going to be available as a Platinum edition given the sales, releasing it in the same period Forza 4 gets out might either be mostly coincidence or just to get short term attention back to GT5.
Now if both games were cross-platform the impact might be bigger, but if costs were the only consideration most would buy the cheaper XBox I guess, unless the free online aspect of the PS3 is taken into that consideration perhaps.

If costs aren't the main argument it's about which games/console combo you prefer.
I've chosen for the PS3 and GT5 and haven't played a Forza game before so I can't really judge it but given the chance (hasn't happened yet) I'll certainly give it a try as I am curious to find out.
So even though I might never actually play Forza 4 I do hope it's gonna be a great game or even better than GT5 purely because it might make future GT-games better if Kaz at least takes notice that is.
'Competition breeds excellence' isn't just exclusive to the racetrack.
 
Yeah I can buy it again cheaper!??? WTF

Why is this good?

Anyone who hasn't picked it up by now isn't a proper fan of GT, so get ready for for all the NFS crew invading online! GREAT!

So you decide who is a proper fan of GT? Do you think that everybody can have the game and in my case the console whenever they want?
 
So you decide who is a proper fan of GT? Do you think that everybody can have the game and in my case the console whenever they want?
Yeah because anyone who hasn't bought GT1 on PS1 when it first came out is not GT fan, even if they were not born then.:sly:

People can become new fans from trying the game for the first time.
 
Before someone else says it, it's Logitech that needs to support the game. Although, M$ could force Logitech to do it. 👍

Are you sure thats how it works? I thought it was only Microsoft and Fanatec wheels worked on 360 because of MS using proprietary everything. I have FM1, 2, and the Collectors of 3. They are good games, but seeing as I cant use my wheel with them, I dont enjoy them anywhere near as much as I do GT
 
Part of me is hopeful they will try to one-up MS and everyone and release a BIG DLC for the game when the Platinum comes out....

The other (stronger) part of me is a realist that realizes that this is the nail in the coffin of getting any DLC besides a purple Camaro on the back of a can of shaving cream.
 
Just noticed one thing: why are some of you complaining about the cover, because of the yellow stripe and such, what matters is the price reduction and the content of the game...who cares about the cover if the game is what it is?:D
 
Exactly GTShadowKing. Unless those people were all females.

Are you sure thats how it works? I thought it was only Microsoft and Fanatec wheels worked on 360 because of MS using proprietary everything. I have FM1, 2, and the Collectors of 3. They are good games, but seeing as I cant use my wheel with them, I dont enjoy them anywhere near as much as I do GT

I've heard it many times from various people, so it should be right. Your problem is similar to the problem I have, too. I don't really feel like ever getting FM4 without Logitech support. I won't be able to enjoy it as much as GT5 either.
Oh, and I wasn't completely serious about MS forcing Logitech to support Forza.
 
Yeah because anyone who hasn't bought GT1 on PS1 when it first came out is not GT fan, even if they were not born then.:sly:

People can become new fans from trying the game for the first time.
Very true. Keep in mind there were A LOT less gamers out there 10 years ago. Yes, 10 years has gone by but it's not like anybody who's anybody already knows about GT.
 
Just noticed one thing: why are some of you complaining about the cover, because of the yellow stripe and such, what matters is the price reduction and the content of the game...who cares about the cover if the game is what it is?:D

I have always appreciated a nice artwork. Not only for games but also for music, movies, books etc. I know this means nothing to some people but for me it adds some value of the final product. All that yellow makes it look cheap instead of classy. I know that's the point but I just don't like it so I'm always glad to have the original release of a game which ends up as a Platinum.
 
That's not going to be the box exactly.



Before someone else says it, it's Logitech that needs to support the game. Although, M$ could force Logitech to do it. 👍

Please learn the facts before posting. MS has not designed the 360 well (Lack of external Hard Drives, lack of wheel support, too proprietary). it has nothing to do with logitech, they dont do anything special to work with PS3. pS3 is just more open to external devices.

Ms likes to make proprietary garbage and over charge consumers See their 150 dollar hard drives.
 
I have always appreciated a nice artwork. Not only for games but also for music, movies, books etc. I know this means nothing to some people but for me it adds some value of the final product. All that yellow makes it look cheap instead of classy. I know that's the point but I just don't like it so I'm always glad to have the original release of a game which ends up as a Platinum.
You got a point man:tup: On PS2 Platinum, I really hated the full silver disk, not cool:grumpy:
 
Please learn the facts before posting. MS has not designed the 360 well (Lack of external Hard Drives, lack of wheel support, too proprietary). it has nothing to do with logitech, they dont do anything special to work with PS3. pS3 is just more open to external devices.

Ms likes to make proprietary garbage and over charge consumers See their 150 dollar hard drives.

Oh come on. "Please learn the facts before posting." Really? I only said it because I've heard it many many many times from different people WITH credibility as well.

This was 3 posts above yours

I've heard it many times from various people, so it should be right. Your problem is similar to the problem I have, too. I don't really feel like ever getting FM4 without Logitech support. I won't be able to enjoy it as much as GT5 either.
Oh, and I wasn't completely serious about MS forcing Logitech to support Forza.

Either way, Logitech didn't want to/couldn't update or fully support the G27 [edit - for GT5]. I thought that would mean it's in Logitech's hands to support any system.

Edit
I stand corrected though.
 
Last edited:
Either way, Logitech didn't want to/couldn't update or fully support the G27. I thought that would mean it's in Logitech's hands to support.

If I had to guess, I'd say its in Microsofts hands in one way or another. If they "couldnt" update or fully support, then its because of Microsoft. Like GTNewfie said, they do proprietary everything. If Microsoft wanted people to use DF's and G25/7s then Im sure it'd be happening. At the end of the day, they want more people to buy their wheel, or they want a cut from Logitech I'd imagine.

My DFP works on my PS2, my PC and my PS3. Theres no way Im going to buy another wheel just for my 360. Ive not even heard great things about the 360s wheel. Does anyone have any experience with it?
 
be interesting if a handful of classic tracks got released prior to platinum. then all 23 tracks on server were included in platinum around forza
 
Back