GT5 Hybrids

• Thread starter NSXDriver
  • 1,127 comments
You need a proof for that.

The engine swap will not work, but the gauges will change until the transmission is adjusted. So, the appearance of change is there even though there is nothing worthwhile change (unless you like different gauges)

GTV0819
You need a proof for that.

If he has successfully done a swap, I would like to see proof of that too.

I have actually tried to do a engine swap since the update. The only thing that was swapped was the sound.

For example...

Before the update I had a 1991 Enfini RX7 FD. I had the engine from the RE Amemyia GT300 car to give it a nice sound.

After the update I tried it again and the ending result was pretty cool. When I put the engine back in the car, it gave me the sound from the RE Amemyia engine, but the performance of the original engine.

Also what I thought was cool was the new sound of the RE Amemyia engine. The original engine in the car idles at about 500-700 RPM. The RE Amemyia engine normally idles at 1000 RPM if I remember correctly. So as a result of the patch, when I swapped the engine again, it now idles at the RPM of the original engine. This creates a awesome 4-6 rotor sound.

Only downfall is, only you can hear it.

So it's 2.12 all over again. I guess when you change to another car and then back to your car with swapped engine the engine sound will be default of the car again too. That's how it worked in 2.12. And others couldn't hear your swap sound on 2.12 either, only you yourself.

Voodoovaj
First person view - The tachometer will change based on the redline of your engine.

This.

On some of the cars, even the interior speedometer will go all the way around.

Well, it seems that I can't downgrade and reupdate GT5 because it's telling me to update to 2.15 immediately, even though I'm on 1.13. It pissed me off, so I deleted the game data, and save data (I still have a backup save data on my laptop, for those of you thinking I made an irrational decision).

Can anyone help me?

Team THRT Drift
Well, it seems that I can't downgrade and reupdate GT5 because it's telling me to update to 2.15 immediately, even though I'm on 1.13. It pissed me off, so I deleted the game data, and save data (I still have a backup save data on my laptop, for those of you thinking I made an irrational decision).

Can anyone help me?

If I we're you, I will download the update until it reaches to 2.14 and installs the update. After that, I will cancel the download while it's on 2.15 already while it's not finish downloading yet. Then after cancelling it, restart your PS3 and don't go online. After that, it won't bother you to update to 2.15.

I hope you understand it. HTH.

Thing is, it doesn't give me the option of updating them one by one. It just tells me, update to 2.15. Or did I have a brain fart, and the only way to get to 2.15 is by installing each one?

Team THRT Drift
Thing is, it doesn't give me the option of updating them one by one. It just tells me, update to 2.15. Or did I have a brain fart, and the only way to get to 2.15 is by installing each one?

Yes. That is the way. It tells to update to 2.15 but since you're at 1.13, it may take time to reach that update. You'll see that in the bar where it says, say for example, 15/20. Once it reaches 20/20, it will be the final update in your download and after that, it is finished once it installs.

They probably won't allow us to talk about it till the PS3 online service has ended.

But it's knowledge that can't be used for GT6 hacking, so technically we should be allowed? The reason to forbid it has always been the possibility of using the modified vehicles online.

Back