GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,817,249 views
24 hours until Sony begin to think about possibly getting round to considering maybe having a meeting to begin the decision making process as to whether or not it's a good idea to take some time to put everyone's heads together to work on investing a little time in coming up with a date to then finally commit to providing some information on when a release date announcement might become a distant possibility.

Then yes, I'd say about 24 hours. 👍👍

They need a meeting to decide whether to have an online meeting or a face to face meeting for the meeting above ... more delays :)
 
Just ran down to the local Gamestop and paid off the rest of my deposit for the Signature Edition. The 24th is 2 days before my next payday and I don't know if i"ll have the money to pay for it then!

Should have gone for the standard :P

Downgrade?
 
Sorry, didn't know.

But...before the Delay, Turismo Tuesdays were scheduled to end on the release date of GT5. So...if that's still the idea, GT5 is coming out on the 16th.

Why would they bother with the final day as the release day for Turismo Tuedays? Unless it's a DLC pack that is...

What I don't believe is that it will be released the same day as Assassin's Creed, maybe the week after?

[/Speculation]
 
Cape Ring Periphery with BMW Z4. Very fun looking track imo.

I look forward to checking that out later. :)

Still kinda bummed there is no official date yet. :grumpy:

What the hell....

AA
 
Sorry, didn't know.

But...before the Delay, Turismo Tuesdays were scheduled to end on the release date of GT5. So...if that's still the idea, GT5 is coming out on the 16th.

Thanks, a guess that doesn't in some way mention 24. I don't think theres a prize, but thanks.👍
 
...i preorder my Platinum edition of GT5 now...:P
 
Just ran down to the local Gamestop and paid off the rest of my deposit for the Signature Edition. The 24th is 2 days before my next payday and I don't know if i"ll have the money to pay for it then!

how come you didnt ask them about the release date!!!
 
Just ran down to the local Gamestop and paid off the rest of my deposit for the Signature Edition. The 24th is 2 days before my next payday and I don't know if i"ll have the money to pay for it then!

They will hold your pre-order for 48 hours, so you should be paid by then.
 
look again buddy, there's one with a Z4 well worth watching ;)
 
Sorry, but i found an video from an special GT3 RS (not RUF, not Porsche!) and if this car is in Gran Turismo 5, we all need the Move-Controller, i think!
 
Posted this 6 hours ago and now my actual order has been updated :)

7c0ef844.jpg


4a266ac4.jpg
 
GT4 was released on December 28th, 2004 in Japan and Feb 22 in USA

Maybe they want GT5 to be released on Dec 28? Or...Feb 22.....
 
Sorry, didn't know.

But...before the Delay, Turismo Tuesdays were scheduled to end on the release date of GT5. So...if that's still the idea, GT5 is coming out on the 16th.

Did it initially have three or four weeks?

Last week, week 3 was revealed - but that was a week late (one week was skipped altogether). So if it was only three weeks, then the Turismo Tuesdays would have stopped the week before release (if not for the delay.)
Week 5 will be the 16th, so going by the above "logic", release would be on the 23rd.

Failing that, there's still space for a week 6 wallpaper :p

This is all total nonsense, but it kept my mind busy for a minute or two. :dopey:
 
GT4 was released on December 28th, 2004 in Japan and Feb 22 in USA

Maybe they want GT5 to be released on Dec 28? Or...Feb 22.....

With the game completely finished and already in a few lucky individuals hands it is going to be out within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Why they would wait any longer is beyond me
 
Can someone fill me in on what happened overnight? The last thing I read on here before sleeping was someone uploading a vid of that Z4 and I already watched it last night. Now I'm hearing "someone" will release an official release date today and November 24? Can someone PLEASE fill me in?

Bump!
 
It's on the front page at the moment

I love the scenery in that video and can't wait to spend some quality time there. It almost feels like a nice drive in the country.
 
Last edited:
Hey, I read for 15 minutes and I'm up to speed. Everyone asking for updates, try that before bumping your own posts.
 
Why would they bother with the final day as the release day for Turismo Tuedays? Unless it's a DLC pack that is...

What I don't believe is that it will be released the same day as Assassin's Creed, maybe the week after?

[/Speculation]

It is speculation, but before the delay, the final week of Turismo Tuesdays would have come out on the 2nd, which was the original release date.

NA
Thanks, a guess that doesn't in some way mention 24. I don't think there's a prize, but thanks.👍

Umm...what? I don't understand what you mean by this.

Anyway, while one could argue, like I did, that since Week 5 of Turismo Tuesdays would be on the 16th, the game would come out then, I think that date has about a 2% chance of being the release date...with 47% for the 23rd and the remaining 51% for the 30th.
 
Does November count as Holiday 2010 though?

Generally the "holiday" season in the US traditionally starts after Thanksgiving. I don't think Sony was thinking that specifically though.
 
Back