Indirect Amazon confirmation of Nov 23rd?
FWIW guys, I preordered a book from Prima Games "Essential Track Guide" along with GT5 from Amazon. When the Nov. 2 ship date was delayed, Amazon quickly sent a delay email for this book as well, saying Dec. 1.
This morning I got a new email from Amazon,
indirectly indicating a Nov. 23rd DELIVERY date for GT5 (part of my order # has been redacted) since they're delivering the book then (at least, they expect to do so at the moment). I don't screw around with fake junk; this is a real email - I'll leave it to you to judge if it's to ship on GT5 release day. Me? I think it does, since it contains detailed track info and was quickly delayed along with the game in November. Also, Nov. 23rd is a Tuesday and it's just before USA's Black Friday - an important Christmas-shopping day.
Note that on my Open Orders page, Amazon still says Dec. 31st for game delivery but I doubt they'd be allowed to ship this book before the game itself was available.
Here is the Amazon book link; email follows.
Happy Speculating!
Jim
Hello,
We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on October 17 2010 (Order# 105-7363739-xxxxxxx). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:
Prima Games "Gran Turismo 5 (Prima Essential Track Guide): Prima Essential Game Guide"
Previous estimated arrival date: December 01 2010
New estimated arrival date: November 23 2010
If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=105-7363739-xxxxxxx
We hope to see you again soon!