GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,715 views
All this whining, the game isn't even out yet, and you actually have no facts to backup the lack of this or that. You guys are too funny.
 
Holy Crap they made 60 mil off GT5P?
GT5P sold about 5 million times, so they only need $12 profit per copy on average to get to $60.000.000, $12 isn't a lot.
 
There's an actual working X1?

I assume GT6 will use the same engine as GT5 that will bring the cost down alot, actually they sorta have to make GT6 based on the GT5 engine to maximize profit. This is standard industry practice. GT6 me thinks will be on PS3, if not PS4 launch or atleast within the first year of launch. GOW3 actually uses the PS2 engine.
 
They will easily make back their investment. $60 million divided by $50 (cost of game) is 1.2 million. This means that to make a profit they need to sell more than 1.2 million copies. Prologue alone sold over 5 million copies as of a year ago so GT5 should easily match that figure.
 
ktr
FYI, GT5:P sold over 5 million copies, so yea...they paid off GT5 development almost three times.

So basically they're already "Financially Secured" for GT6
 
THAT'S COMPLETELLY ARGH.

E36 M3 is my fav. car in the world and well... It's on the damn Forza, and not in my favorite game in the world. GranTurismo.

I need to play with it on the damned NFS Shift. :(

everybody concerned with missing cars read this: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5297p2.html


heres the interesting part: "Used Car Dealer
Save some credits by buying used. The lineup changes depending on when you visit, so keep coming back to discover rare finds."
 
Just noticed that Red Bull isn't in the manufacturers list. The X1 isn't in the Gran Turismo dealer either.
 
Me+
lamborghini.lp670.sv.flatblack.jpg
=:drool::drool::drool: it's literally a bargain @ less than 400k. Unless races pay peanuts for winning.
 
someone said it few minutes ago but the rumor that Sony controls the leak of GT5 is becoming more and more credible (in my opinion)

By the biggest randomness, this lucky player selects, most of the time, everything that has been discovered since the last 30 hours... No options menu, no UI browing, ...
We see the intro again...
Weird...
 
Do not want to be annoying, but all those videos do not show too much new stuff. So far new were: Monza/Suzuka in rain, Ferrari F10 and SP1 and...oh yeah changeable backgrounds in the cardealer menu.
Don't get me wrong that is already great, but when we consider we have some 45 mins of footage in total, I would expect to see more new cars (Maseratti) and many other menus.

Edit. Sort of tree'd by...the guy above me...
 
:drool::drool::drool: it's literally a bargain @ less than 400k. Unless races pay peanuts for winning.

Unlike the Mark IV GT40, that thing was 20MIL! how i will ever acquire that sum of money i will never know! :lol:
 
I wonder what all the magazines are thinking right now, the ones that are waititng on their review copies? I mean, at this rate of going, in two weeks we'll pretty much know everthing we need (or don't need) to know !!
 
Just noticed that Red Bull isn't in the manufacturers list. The X1 isn't in the Gran Turismo dealer either.

which is very good news when it comes to us being worried about certain cars not being there from the start. Hopefully the same applies with tracks.
 
I'm glad the rotating used car lots are back!

PS I just installed a 5.1 home theater in my apartment and the Z06 just made me eargasm around Daytona road course mmm
 
THAT'S COMPLETELLY ARGH.

E36 M3 is my fav. car in the world and well... It's on the damn Forza, and not in my favorite game in the world. GranTurismo.

I need to play with it on the damned NFS Shift. :(

agreed, big let down. oh well.

i've got a 98 e36 M3 sedan in real life... just don't like tearing around town in it too often. would prefer to do that in the virtual world.

Oh well PD, i guess i'm just going to have to go drive wreaklessly to get my fix.
jk.
 
GT5 needs to come out first.:sick: Hell, we don't even have a release date yet. I haven't bought Black Ops or New Vegas but I loved MW2 (and its retarded ass storyline) and Fallout 3. I might put Red Dead Redemption up there too. Reality is, there's still too many unknowns surrounding GT5. None of us have even laid our hands on GT5 yet; all we have is a bunch of lists and some videos. It's blasphemy to say, but the gameplay might not be all that good. We won't know til we play.

MW2 came out last year, so it wouldn't count for this year. However, RDR did come out this year, and it was pretty good, but it's countless glitches might keep it from taking the win. But it so far, if GT5 comes out this year (which is VERY likely) we have:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Gran Turismo 5

If GT5 does win, it would be the first racing game to get game of the year.
 
I love the changing backgrounds and light colors in the dealership (when the car is selected).
 
Just noticed that Red Bull isn't in the manufacturers list. The X1 isn't in the Gran Turismo dealer either.
As I said before, these are only buyable premiums, so price cars are also left out.
 
I'm trying my best to read this thread but I can't see through my own tears after watching the dealership video... There is no Audi TT-RS. :'(
 
Back