GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,493 views
do I see intake manifold at 2:39? Sweet.
 
Well, yeah. Walmart, but, ya know, evil never sleeps and all.

I meant real stores, that don't hate their employees.

Yeah, their employees are slaves existing in unhuman conditions. That's why there are so many of them.

Sheesh, some people ............ :dunce:
 
They need to give an effing date for GT5 so I can actually focus on my finals and essays and stop checking this website for a release date!!!!!! lol
 
Somebody please post a link (not embedded video) of that latest video that shows the tuning please?
 
the sad thing is I bet a lot of parents/old people ask this question every single day at stores.

A lot of people think you can play BluRay discs on DVD players
 
we are addicts. A month after GT5 releases and this place will slow to a crawl.
 
They need to give an effing date for GT5 so I can actually focus on my finals and essays and stop checking this website for a release date!!!!!! lol

Agreed! I got no work done at the office today, and have done no reading for my courses even though I know they won't announce a release date today!
 
Agreed! I got no work done at the office today, and have done no reading for my courses even though I know they won't announce a release date today!

I ve done the opposite in anticipation for GT5. Today just finished up all my term papers, and only have 1 midterm left. Just hoping GT5 releases in 2 weeks so I can play it for a few weeks before the finals.
 
I hope this car is gona be back, miss it from the good old days in GT2.

 
More options skip to 7:12 to pass the intro.
 
A quote from Neogaf.

"GT5 was conceived and born in the depths of a black hole. A place were the very laws of our universe break down into a dark hazy fog. It both exists, and non-exists, at the same time, in the same particle and moment of time-space. Seen by it's zealots, yet denied by it's creators, it remains as elusive as it is persistent."
 
I walked up to my local Wal-Mart game guy and asked him if he knows the release date of GT5. I was just kidding and also curious to hear his response.

"It was suppose to be released already, but it is being stamped and shipped out, we expect it this week." The kid was super eager to tell me this info.

Now flame away, I just thought it was funny what he said about being stamped??

Why would he say that?

I love dumb hope.
 
I am not taking all of these speculative release dates seriously, though my feeling is that GT5 will come this month.

Sony are a disaster, but I just can't hate on them, its just how they are, and have been ever since I can remember.

Although I am anxious like all of you, at least the game will be in our PS3's soon, we will all be racing around doing online championships etc and we will soon forget the torture of waiting soo long.

I have waited 6 years,with GT a month or 2 is like days in normal release date terms so it will pass, and we can all then smile.
 
I walked up to my local Wal-Mart game guy and asked him if he knows the release date of GT5. I was just kidding and also curious to hear his response.

"It was suppose to be released already, but it is being stamped and shipped out, we expect it this week." The kid was super eager to tell me this info.

Now flame away, I just thought it was funny what he said about being stamped??

Why would he say that?

I love dumb hope.

LOL :sly: not the response you expected?
 
A quote from Neogaf.

"GT5 was conceived and born in the depths of a black hole. A place were the very laws of our universe break down into a dark hazy fog. It both exists, and non-exists, at the same time, in the same particle and moment of time-space. Seen by it's zealots, yet denied by it's creators, it remains as elusive as it is persistent."

Awesome!!
 
Well I just came from the event in New York. Nothing really exciting happened in the event. They had the same old GT5 demo from this year's E3. But I had an interesting conversation with one guy working in the event, and I asked him about the GT5 delay. So this is how the conversation went:

Me: So, you know when GT5 is coming out?
Guy: It's definitely coming during the holidays of this year, probably this month.
Me: You mean during "thanksgiving'?
Guy: Maybe (with a smile) Because you know, This game was supposed to come out in October first, then after they released the trailer it was definitely supposed to come on "November 2nd", and we ask the guys (PD) are you sure you guys are ready to release the game on time in November 2nd? And they said yes.
Me: I see...
Guy: The reason of the delay was because "Kaz" wants to make sure the game is perfect on the PS3. But still he said the PS3 wasn't powerful enough to handle GT5. That's why started working on GT6 right away.
Me: Perhaps they'll release it on the PS4?
Guy: I don't know about that...(laughing) But GT5 it's definitely coming out this year.
Me: Thank you for your time.

This game was never mentioned to come out in October.
 
Did you ask that kid if he were a member of GTPlanet? He knew more than most of the crapBox loving Xbots that work the cash registers at most GameStop stores. At least he knew it was being "stamped" and isn't flying the company talking points of "1/1/11 is the right date because WE are the worlds largest game retailer".
 
Every time i see a new video i get more and more excited.

I'd love a video of the used carlot.

Did anyone see a holden or hsv logo in the dealership? the new hsv clubsport is one of the sexiest cars around
 
Im hoping for Holden too! I'd love to get a Monaro out on the Top Gear track against an XR8 or something, that would be sick!!
 
Last edited:
about the release date: we are waiting for GT5 from 3/5+ years, one week doesn't make a big difference!

For some of us, it makes a huge difference. My father will be visiting me from Nov. 20 - 25th and he's been looking forward to seeing GT5 on my PS3, 5.1 audio and 58" plasma with a VRC racing seat, loadcell-modified G25 and Buttkicker vibes. With the Nov. 2 release it would have been a no-brainer and I'd have it all set up and would have had practice to show it off.

If it ships on the 23rd I can scramble to install it (I have release-day delivery from Amazon) and practice a little bit, when not having to be at work. If it ships after the 24th, we're screwed.

My father hasn't been able to visit my home for 9 years and he's 82 years old, so this may very well be his last chance to be in my home.

So yeah, for some of us the shipment date makes a difference, and one week would be a big difference. :grumpy:

And I ask again ...... in the 2.5 years since GT5P was released with the expectation of GT5 "coming soon", how many long-time GT fans bought it, waited and died before seeing GT5?

Tick-tock, Sony.
 
For some of us, it makes a huge difference. My father will be visiting me from Nov. 20 - 25th and he's been looking forward to seeing GT5 on my PS3, 5.1 audio and 58" plasma with a VRC racing seat, loadcell-modified G25 and Buttkicker vibes. With the Nov. 2 release it would have been a no-brainer and I'd have it all set up and would have had practice to show it off.

If it ships on the 23rd I can scramble to install it (I have release-day delivery from Amazon) and practice a little bit, when not having to be at work. If it ships after the 24th, we're screwed.

My father hasn't been able to visit my home for 9 years and he's 82 years old, so this may very well be his last chance to be in my home.

So yeah, for some of us the shipment date makes a difference, and one week would be a big difference. :grumpy:

And I ask again ...... in the 2.5 years since GT5P was released with the expectation of GT5 "coming soon", how many long-time GT fans bought it, waited and died before seeing GT5?

Tick-tock, Sony.

No offence, but if your father haven't seen you or your place for 9 years, i think he will be fine without GT5. Do i get banned when i say; after all its "just" a game. Anyway. Fingers crossed you can race with him!
 
how many long-time GT fans bought (Prologue), waited and died before seeing GT5?

Chilling, but probably quite a few! Something to think about, unfortunately :guilty:

What was the use of that "glorified demo" to them?
 
4a266ac4.jpg


I preordered that book a while back and got the same email today. To me, it's indirect confirmation that GT5 arrives on the 23rd as well, since they postponed the book (originally due Nov 2) as soon as GT5 was delayed.
 
Back