GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,493 views
A 2CV with F355 power?!?!?!

See, this is the kind of nonsense "engine swap" that GT5 is a better game for not allowing.

I don't want to join the engine swap argument, but I agree with you. 👍
 
A 2CV with F355 power?!?!?!

See, this is the kind of nonsense "engine swap" that GT5 is a better game for not allowing.
That right there is one opinion on the subject ;)

While this might be an extreme example, engine swaps and bizarre engine swaps are a part of car culture. Consistently omitting the option to swap engines, or perhaps install crate engines in a franchise like Gran Turismo is IMHO, a VERY big mistake.
 
Just because there are no mods in the thread doesn't mean you've free licence to drag it off-topic. Just cleaned up 16 posts regarding school & exams. 👎

Back to GT5 please.
 
No offence, but if your father haven't seen you or your place for 9 years, i think he will be fine without GT5. Do i get banned when i say; after all its "just" a game. Anyway. Fingers crossed you can race with him!

I doubt he'll do more than just tool around; he's not a gamer, much less a racer, although with my wheel/seat setup he might want to spend the time to learn the basics.

But he is a computer/tech geek and loves cars, so he wants to see what a modern game simulator can do.

A month ago, he bought a 420Hp Infiniti M56S, black-on-black, brand new. Reason? "I love big engines and big-ass brakes and I don't need a big trunk anymore to haul your mom's wheelchair." Remember, he's 82. I told him to please not wreck it before I have a chance to inherit it. :)

And he lives far away, hence the infrequent visits to my place. I go visit him and until recently, my late Mom, several times a year; it's much easier on him.

No offense taken, btw.

And that M56S of his? I drove it, fast, a couple of weeks ago. Sweet car, very fast and will happily toss you through the windshield if you stand on the brakes without a seatbelt. Wish it was in GT5.
 
A 2CV with F355 power?!?!?!

See, this is the kind of nonsense "engine swap" that GT5 is a better game for not allowing.

:lol:

I'm laughing at you, not with you.
 
For some of us, it makes a huge difference. My father will be visiting me from Nov. 20 - 25th and he's been looking forward to seeing GT5 on my PS3, 5.1 audio and 58" plasma with a VRC racing seat, loadcell-modified G25 and Buttkicker vibes. With the Nov. 2 release it would have been a no-brainer and I'd have it all set up and would have had practice to show it off.

If it ships on the 23rd I can scramble to install it (I have release-day delivery from Amazon) and practice a little bit, when not having to be at work. If it ships after the 24th, we're screwed.

My father hasn't been able to visit my home for 9 years and he's 82 years old, so this may very well be his last chance to be in my home.

So yeah, for some of us the shipment date makes a difference, and one week would be a big difference. :grumpy:

And I ask again ...... in the 2.5 years since GT5P was released with the expectation of GT5 "coming soon", how many long-time GT fans bought it, waited and died before seeing GT5?

Tick-tock, Sony.

I have to say it's great that your 82 yo dad is looking forward to a GT5 game. Why can't you let him stay for a few more days if GT5 is released later than the date you're expecting. Come on, let him stay till Xmas!! Especially since it might be his last visit.

I have to add that I've not seen my dad or most of my family for almost 20 years. I left home when I wasn't even 13. If anyone from family were to visit me (very unlikely) close to Xmas, I'd make them stay until after New Year. But that's just me. And to get back on topic- I'd make them watch me do a lap of Nurburgring (yes, the 25km version).
 
Last edited:
Having 96 year old great aunt, there is hope for many more seasons to come.
 
What, was my post deleted too ??

Yes, it had nothing to do with GT5 immediately after I'd posted a warning to get back on topic, and was concerned with number of people online again.

Now, let's deviate from people online, number of posts, deleted posts and wander back into the realms of GT5 Latest News & General Discussion.

Thanks.
 
yea this is so going past 3000 pages prior to release

Yes, it had nothing to do with GT5 immediately after I'd posted a warning to get back on topic, and was concerned with number of people online again.

Now, let's deviate from people online, number of posts, deleted posts and wander back into the realms of GT5 Latest News & General Discussion.

Thanks.

lol



Anyway, will the real life X1 be as fast as it is in the game? Or will it just get some hopped up V10?
 
I preordered that book a while back and got the same email today. To me, it's indirect confirmation that GT5 arrives on the 23rd as well, since they postponed the book (originally due Nov 2) as soon as GT5 was delayed.

There's only one thing I like more than indirect evidence of a release date, and that's direct evidence of a release date.
 
lol



Anyway, will the real life X1 be as fast as it is in the game? Or will it just get some hopped up V10?

The 'real life' one is only going to be a model. I haven't heard anything about it being drivable.:)
 
I have to say it's great that your 82 yo dad is looking forward to a GT5 game. Why can't you let him stay for a few more days if GT5 is released later than the date you're expecting. Come on, let him stay till Xmas!! Especially since it might be his last visit.

Begging the mods' indulgence; this is drifting a bit off-topic. But what else do we have to do - play GT5? :guilty:

Dad can stay as long as he wants, we get along great. But he's got his return flight set, a life at his home and we're departing my place on Thanksgiving Day morning (25th) to head off to see my sister's family. Her daughter is doing Thanksgiving dinner (for those not in the USA, a big deal and reason to eat like food is going to disappear soon!) and then her other daughter is performing in the Nutcracker ballet in Seattle beginning the next day. So we're planning to take Dad to a performance and etc. etc. etc.

Let's shorten up my story: Dad's fully booked, with places to go and people to see. :dopey:

He is planning to hit the road for a few weeks next spring or summer in the M56S and drive up for a more-extended stay (weather is turning nasty and the last thing that beast has is snow tires). That way, I'll have a chance at local speeding tickets.
 
8G is a lot for a human being to take. I wonder if Vettel would want to try it irl.
 
I can't believe there is no release date yet.

WTF is Sony doing? Playing the game and forgetting about the rest of us?

I have the weirdest feeling, they will not announce the date, they will just say available NOW!!!
 
There's only one thing I like more than indirect evidence of a release date, and that's direct evidence of a release date.

Yep, me too. But they set the new book delivery date at Nov. 23rd, which is a Tuesday (USA's typical game-release day), is right before Black Friday, and is comparable to some dates we're hearing for GT5 in the USA.

Plus, I don't think Sony would permit the book to hit the streets before the game itself, as it should contain full track details and thus spoilers. They delayed it from Nov 2nd, remember.

It's like searching for planets orbiting distant stars ....... you can't see the planets directly, but you can see the effect they have on other objects.
 
Have any of you tried reading the item on the News page? It gives all the details about the X1 including powertrain. ;)

Meh, whatever, users online, number of posts, pages of thread, it's all irrelevant discussion when it comes to GT5 News that is the topic at hand here.
If you wish to continue to deviate from that fine, but bear in mind that people have already received warnings or infractions for deviating from the topic here and posting what is essentially spam. The staff are currently having to drag this thread back onto topic over & over again. People don't bother to read back a few pages, but it's a lot of work for us to keep cleaning up. Don't you guys think that we'd also like to be reading the news about GT5 or browsing the forums ourselves instead of having to come and reiterate the same things in here over & over?
 
lol



Anyway, will the real life X1 be as fast as it is in the game? Or will it just get some hopped up V10?


The GTP News page quoted some specs from Evo Magazine:

https://www.gtplanet.net/red-bull-x1-prototype-gets-real-set-to-debut-in-madrid/

Much like Polyphony Digital’s Citroen GT, it looks like the Red Bull X1 Prototype will also be transitioning from the virtual world into reality – sort of. This is actually just a model, but these pictures from the latest edition of Evo Magazine make it easier to imagine what the real thing could actually look like.

According to Evo, first reports of the car’s gas turbine engine and continuously variable transmission were actually incorrect. Instead, it’s driven by an “F1-derived direct-injection 3-litre twin-turbo V6″, producing 1,483bhp at 15,000rpm and 526lb-ft. at 12,000rpm (that explains the sound heard in the first X1 gameplay video). This elaborate model will be unveiled to the world at the official GT5 Launch Party in Madrid, set to go down in just a few weeks.

Pick up a copy of the magazine at a newsstand near you for more. Thanks to Neal for the tip and the images!

EDIT: Tree'd by Smallhorses!

picture.php
 
I can't believe there is no release date yet.

WTF is Sony doing? Playing the game and forgetting about the rest of us?

I could rant and rave all day about how terribly Sony has handled this. Awful,awful,awful,awful. There's nothing to talk about on this forum right now.

Think about what Sony has given us since the delay. Nothing. Nothing. They're my least favorite people right now. For God's sake it's been 4 weeks since they delayed it right before the release. And last time I checked, October is over and I still don't know the release date. They should think about there fans every once in a while.
 
I just keep checking my card for a Gamestop charge, then its otw! Woo Hooo!
 
Yep, me too. But they set the new book delivery date at Nov. 23rd, which is a Tuesday (USA's typical game-release day), is right before Black Friday, and is comparable to some dates we're hearing for GT5 in the USA.

Plus, I don't think Sony would permit the book to hit the streets before the game itself, as it should contain full track details and thus spoilers. They delayed it from Nov 2nd, remember.

It's like searching for planets orbiting distant stars ....... you can't see the planets directly, but you can see the effect they have on other objects.

Love the planetary comparison! It truly makes total sense.
 
I have to say I'm pretty shocked how Sony are handling this release too. I have this hunch that the game will be released (at least here in Japan) on November 23rd. I think so for the following reasons. There are already games out there in the wild so a release date can't be that far off. November 23rd is a national holiday in Japan which would be good for sales. Onliner retailers are keeping very tight-lipped about the release date but there is a GT5 playing guide scheduled for Nov. 23rd release on Amazon jp. And the Europe site still says a November release.

I really thought we'd see Sony issue a release date today though.
 
Hm, is it worth $40 extra to possibly get GT5 2 weeks early?

I'll give it a shot, but I'm thinking I may be throwing $40 away. :lol:

Worst case scenario, the "in-stock" was a mistake, and you'll lose $40:crazy:

According to the article, they called and confirmed that it was in stock so....👍
 
Back