GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,635 views
Someone already called them yaywalter. It won't ship out for another 10 days. By the time you get it, we might already have it in our hands.
 
Someone already called them yaywalter. It won't ship out for another 10 days. By the time you get it, we might already have it in our hands.

Where did you see that it won't ship out for another 10 days?
 

"Unfortunately we can't comment on this as it is a European page and we don't know where this information is coming from. We have not made any official announcements on launch timing yet."

Please tell where in that sentence have they "Axed" the rumor. Seriously, too many people take a title and run with it.
 
specs are just specs, what we want to see how close it'll be to its virtual counter part. We also need someone who can tame this beast.

I am fully with you on "specs are just specs", but unfortunately specs are all we currently have. :) We will have to wait some time before we can compare theory to the real world, and so for the time being, all we have is conjecture based on specs.
 
Kinda off topic and coz i'm kinda stupid and cant work it out but after seeing the Cape Ring video does anyone know what Periphery means
 
I just cancelled my pre-order, lol.

Sick of this crap, can't support it with my money, will wait until second hand, there are plenty of other things to do in life.
 
Kinda off topic and coz i'm kinda stupid and cant work it out but after seeing the Cape Ring video does anyone know what Periphery means

It means 'the outside'.

So Cape Ring Periphery would entail the outside portion of the Cape Ring circuit.
 
Kinda off topic and coz i'm kinda stupid and cant work it out but after seeing the Cape Ring video does anyone know what Periphery means

The outer limits or edge of an area or object
 
It means 'the outside'.

So Cape Ring Periphery would entail the outside portion of the Cape Ring circuit.

So it just means that its the outside variation of the track then yes
 
juniordee
Where did you see that it won't ship out for
another 10 days?

Earlier in this thread by someone who already ordered it.
 
I just cancelled my pre-order, lol.

Sick of this crap, can't support it with my money, will wait until second hand, there are plenty of other things to do in life.

Good for you, I admire that. I might do the same. I ordered it online and need to find a way to cancel it from newegg.

Buying it second hand is the only way we can send a message. This forum they can't hear it seems. Money they will understand.
 
I just cancelled my pre-order, lol.

Sick of this crap, can't support it with my money, will wait until second hand, there are plenty of other things to do in life.

Im calling your bluff, you have over 1000+ posts, have started several threads and have a premium membership to GTP... You'll get this game ASAP :) lol
 
So what is now with this special event in NY??? Again hot air?
 
Do not shoot the message giver:) Sony has not released any date and seems firm in holding that line. Rumors are just that untill Sony says something differant. It makes sence to release it ASAP We all want it faster. My guess is Sony has egg on its face on missing the release date and will not make the release date until it has stock in hand for the stores to sell.
 
How quickly will there be used GT5s available at gamestop after launch you guys think? If it's less than a couple of weeks I'll cancel my order right now.
 
How quickly will there be used GT5s available at gamestop after launch you guys think? If it's less than a couple of weeks I'll cancel my order right now.

I bought a used copy of Uncharted 2 the same week it launched. I still feel terrible about that :lol: Naughty Dog deserved my cash.
 
I bought a used copy of Uncharted 2 the same week it launched. I still feel terrible about that :lol: Naughty Dog deserved my cash.

I hear you, normally I try to avoid buying used copies (especially from gamestop) but i can make an exception. I don't think i'll feel any guilty this time. I'm calling gamestop tomorrow to ask them how long it normally takes.

The only thing I'll feel guilty about is I preordered it for $48 at newegg. I won't be able to get it at that price used. I need to send a message. My money is my vote.
 
Hopefully i get my copy of GT5 from Subway (won it) before Sonys release date when ever that is.:drool:👍
 
How quickly will there be used GT5s available at gamestop after launch you guys think? If it's less than a couple of weeks I'll cancel my order right now.

Not very many at all for quite some time, IMHO.

The few you'll find will be from those few people who haven't a clue about what Gran Turismo is, even after all these years, and give up thinking "this is too boring, too hard, and there's no rockets to shoot at other drivers!"

How many of those will there be? My guess: less than 5% of early purchasers. So their used copies will vanish quickly.

As for the rest, there's no way in he$$ that anybody will legitimately get the platinum trophy for weeks, maybe months, from what we've seen of the trophy list. Until that happens, you won't see many more used copies.

Even then, how many people will fight that far and just abandon it, given all the online goodness that awaits? It's not like playing the kiddie games like those with the big white oxen guy with the pink stripe - once you finish those, you're finished. Man, I despise those kinds of games. :grumpy:
 
How quickly will there be used GT5s available at gamestop after launch you guys think? If it's less than a couple of weeks I'll cancel my order right now.

Seeing if the game sucks it is traded in faster...if the game drives like Prologue then you may see used ones quickly look back to a few GTA releases I had a friend get a copy and traded it in that week...
 
I hear you, normally I try to avoid buying used copies (especially from gamestop) but i can make an exception. I don't think i'll feel any guilty this time. I'm calling gamestop tomorrow to ask them how long it normally takes.

The only thing I'll feel guilty about is I preordered it for $48 at newegg. I won't be able to get it at that price used. I need to send a message. My money is my vote.

More power to you then. I couldn't do it. This is GT... I need to have it day one. I need to peel off the shrink wrap and smell that new game smell :crazy:
 
More power to you then. I couldn't do it. This is GT... I need to have it day one. I need to peel off the shrink wrap and smell that new game smell :crazy:

Agreed. I also want a virgin copy.
 
did you guys see this email from sony, offering a discount price for a 3D TV, nothing about GT, but it shows GT's iconic Mercedes, and although you cant see it in the image below, in my email it has a GT5 logo

3.jpg
 
Back