GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,915 views
So maybe i'ts a worldwide release 24 nov?

hoi sjaak alles goed sjaak? :sly:
 
The BMW Sauber F1 car and the M3 is a photoshop from the early days of prologue, the F1 car I believe was shopped in from F1:CE... for definate

Doubt it about CE. The F1 tyres in Prologue had this really really odd sheen to them that just wasnt on that game.
 
Perhaps this can make a new discussion other then piracy.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/

"Over 1,000 cars and 20 tracks, each with 70 variations, await you and your rivals."

To me that sounds like each of the 20 tracks has 70 variations and not that there are 70 variations in total. That would be 1400(20x70) variations in total! It's probably just the wording they used though...
 
It isn't piracy when a store sell legit copys, just because the release date is not set yet... =)

This:

If the game hasn't officially been released yet and a store is selling it, it qualifies as piracy in the US. If a store in America or Britain were caught doing that, they'd at least get fined and the employee or employees would get fired faster than they can spit.

Besides that store was one of the things people were discussing when it got shut down. If you want to talk about it, message each other or something.

But let's get back to GT5 discussion, please.
 
Guys has anyone thought that no one we have seen has clicked on Mclaren, there may be suprises there. ;)
 
The November release has always been in place on the EU store, unfortunately this is nothing new. On the plus side it has never changed so I have always hoped for a November release personally.
 
Did the UK site said something else than November 2010 yesterday or the day before?
 
30 tracks and 54 variations have been confirmed.
I don't think we've almost seen every track of the game, speaking of variations.
But the "20 tracks" figure alone means that it's outdated information.
 
I miss SrD racing´s news threads. I think Sam48´s thread could be more used to discuss news and impressions and this one for the general discussion.
 
That new date is actually more vague than the "On or around Nov 30th" we had before.
 
Aye. The Fingerhut thing isn't piracy as its being sold by a legitimate company. Eg, proper legal transfer of money for product. However, torrenting and the like of piracy I can understand. I doubt any release date will be accepted unless it can be provd that vendors are already selling or Sony/PD has made an announcement.

To the Moderators - I don't mean to spoil anyone's fun, but when we find new video that hasn't yet been posted, can we still post it or would be considered piracy as the current vids that have been coming out since the whole Australia and CZ thing are based from versions of the games that haven't exactly been acquired through the usual channels?
 
November release, thats the first semi-trustworthy almost-date I've seen in a while. :)

"SEMI-TRUSTWORTHY"!!! This is the site with Kaz's blog on it!!?!? If theres anywhere we can believe, that was it!!!

They changed that video recently: it used to say November 2 when they posted it, but within the last month or so, the "2" just vanished!
 
Meh, it's getting boring now. The leaks aren't even that good, and it seems more and more staged by Sony.

It's like Sony is trollin' the community for free marketing.
 
Only notable thing there:
"20 tracks, each with 70 variations"
1400 track variations confirmed :confused:

Edit: Tree'd (as usual in this thread)

I wonder if that includes the track builder. It says 20 locations, and with all the options in the builder it could lead to 70 variations. 1400 tracks seems a bit much to have otherwise
 
"SEMI-TRUSTWORTHY"!!! This is the site with Kaz's blog on it!!?!? If theres anywhere we can believe, that was it!!!

They changed that video recently: it used to say November 2 when they posted it, but within the last month or so, the "2" just vanished!

Trust-worthy november 2, -2 = semi-trust-worthy

see what i did there?
 
"SEMI-TRUSTWORTHY"!!! This is the site with Kaz's blog on it!!?!? If theres anywhere we can believe, that was it!!!

They changed that video recently: it used to say November 2 when they posted it, but within the last month or so, the "2" just vanished!

Yeah, I don't have a doubt in my mind that it wont come this month, I mean I'm pretty sure its anywhere in the 24th-30th range, since it says that.

Edit: which if that's true, is only 14 days till the 24th, which means either we get some ridiculously fast release date within a day or too, or it'll be just suddenly released. I mean... 14 days to a release date before its actually released for a game, that's unheard of. sony did pull a nice one with this eh? haha
 
I'm pretty sure the Nov date has been there a while, it was there on the 6th at least according to google cache.
 
Trust-worthy november 2, -2 = semi-trust-worthy

see what i did there?

Sorry, but it really does only have November at the end there, and as that correlates quite nicely with ALL the more recent leaks from all over the web, it seems to be about right. It is the OFFICIAL Gran Turismo site, you know.
 
The thread is just moving so fast at this point it's hard to keep up with anything. Look back 20 pages, 5 new pages have already been added. I'm not saying this nullifys checking back, but this is pretty much the only thread there is to rely on for news, and it's moving as fast as it is. The front page can't quite be counted on because Sony is monitoring it, but going to goto bed, and when I wake up there will be a good 30 pages to look through, and probably 50 if there is a new video posted. At this point I don't care about the discussion, I just care about the videos.

I might be alone here; but when I wake up and check the thread, go back and browse through all the posts I missed myself. Does it take a good chunk of time? Yeah. But it's better than lazily typing "what'd I miss" and getting people to waste more posts reposting for you.

I don't think that's the piracy they were talking about, it was shut down because some jackwagons were talking about torrents

Yeah, it's pretty clear around here not to talk about that stuff, can't say I'm surprised the thread was closed and cleansed.

It amazes me how long the silence has lasted over at Sony. The leak has spread all over the internet, and yet somehow the only mention of GT5 has been a denial of one of the placeholder dates. The amount of bungling is a new record low in the industry, as far as I'm concerned.
 
Seems like there could be the 20 course maker locations alright. We have seen 9 so far from screen shots. Maybe that extends to 20 eventually. I wonder if poor Japanese to English translations are the reason for this confusion?
 
Since the delay:
The US site has always says "Holiday 2010"
The EU sites have always said: "November 2010"

Nothing new here
 
Back