GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,319 views
My money is on that as well, the span between release date announcement and release will be very short (one week max).

Maybe thats why weve not seen any real amount of ads so far, theyve been saving their pocket money for a H U G E Media frenzy for GT5. Im talking TV, Web, YouTube, Here(Why not?), their site. Shops, billboards, anything!!! Well, we can hope...
 
We will get a 'GT5 is out next Tuesday', next Tuesday.
Looking more likely that that extra 'lock' on the Gamestop's Turismo Tuesday is for the release date. Odd that they'll announce it around a retailers promotion though

don't get your hopes up, just sayin..
 
November release, thats the first semi-trustworthy almost-date I've seen in a while. :)

That and the Sony store lisitng more orless confirm its out this month. Now its on the official GT site thats about as good as it gets till we get press release. So hopefully we should all be playing it in a few weeks.
 
I'm glad that I don't watch it - I love surprises!More of that - all those leaked videos make me really sad!Those are awesome videos, but it spoils too much.Especially I feel bad after shocking SSR7 video.I can't believe how I will happy if I see it with my own eyes when I get my copy.
Sorry for English.

To be fair, the videos, as far as i can tell, havent really told us thaaaat much, sure we know a bit more, and have seen menus etc. I'v watched a few of them and i don't feel like iv spoilt myself for when i get the game at all. Just my opinion.
 
As far as release and marketing you need to look at it in phases.
1. Sony misses release date to "polish" which in essence builds more hype.
2. Photos,vids,Rumors start to escape as a grassroots side of the marketing. (probably not planned by Sony but guarantee they counted on it.)
3. In the meantime product is shipping to stores
4. Advertisement starts to leak such as store mags, price sheets, etc.
5. I believe last week NASCAR debuted a GT5 logo on a car

So now we have some buzz

Phase ii Nov 10-14
This weekend we get a release date for game as Nov 23rd in US.

1. Ads start blasting TV and Internet and reviewers get their copies.
2. Stores put up GT5 demos and deco

Phase iii Nov 15-23
Final countdown midnight sale announcements, etc.

Game Drops Nov 23rd
November 25th in US is Thanksgiving where they will bombard NFL with GT5 commercials all day and offer Black Friday sales and bundles.

Black Friday pushes GT5 into a battle with Black Ops and the two games go head to head into the Xmas holiday with advertisement on both sides pushing hard.

Last week in November - 1st week of December all magazines feature GT5 and their reviews.

I hope I'm right plus or minus a week.
If anybody thinks that

OMG of course!!! I think the reviews are goiing to converge with release. Hang on. PSM UK decided to "Keep" [because of the delay] UNTIL NOVEMBER THE TWENTY-FOURTH!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats when issue #52 comes out, and thats when were gonna get their reveiw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the 24th has just become the definitavely most likely release date!!! The review's hardly gonna come out weeks AFTER a release????!!!??!!? So pleased to find this!!!
 
ONE MORE VIDEO! THANKS serum!

Guys, download it before sony ninjas!
 
My money is on that as well, the span between release date announcement and release will be very short (one week max).

I dont think that there will be an release date ;)

Kaz told us, 1 year ago, "everything will be an surprise (release)"...
I´m expecting the game in exactly 2 weeks uhhh 👍👍

I also still think that this guy from czechia? is an Sony employee and has started the hype train... Because he shows us no new footage, only things we already know...
 
Maybe thats why weve not seen any real amount of ads so far, theyve been saving their pocket money for a H U G E Media frenzy for GT5. Im talking TV, Web, YouTube, Here(Why not?), their site. Shops, billboards, anything!!! Well, we can hope...

Advertising on this website is like selling candy at a candy convention. There all there to buy it anyways
 
Any old tracks i will watch the video, but new ones i havn't watched, (ok i watched Cape south :nervous: ) but i havnt seen the intro yet, leaving these babys till release.

But how pretty is deep forest?

I think Bernie Ecclestone should employ Kaz instead of Mr Tilke as the future F1 track designer. Just imagine F1 Cars.. wait we can:idea:! hurry Up GT:)
 
Also before anyone goes "Oh my god they don't have this car!"


There is used dealerships, and there are also probably "level based rewards" like for reaching xxx driver lvl, and completing this driver test, and completing this event, this is just a rough roster list of whats in the new dealerships.
 
I'm not watching any of these videos and I find it really annoying that people are already playing stolen copies of this game while GT fans guess and wonder and theorise indefinitely for even a release date. It's lame. I especially don't understand why some are praising the owners of these discs and begging them for tidbits.
 
Back