GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,915 views
I just realized what "20 tracks, 70 variations" means!
It means really 20 tracks and 70 variations...(layouts) :) Excluding reverse I think.
Having in mind how good "cape ring" variations looks - I'm about totally happy with it.
To say Forza 3 has 23 tracks. (but they are nowhere near GT5 beauty and precision)
 
I have only one thing to say: those tits keep growing in every video. Did she have a child or what?

God damn take a look at 12:37!
I want her with a copy of GT5 NOW! :dopey:
 
Sorry, but it really does only have November at the end there, and as that correlates quite nicely with ALL the more recent leaks from all over the web, it seems to be about right. It is the OFFICIAL Gran Turismo site, you know.

I am quite aware its the OFFICIAL site ;) I am also aware the OFFICAL sites gave us nov 2, and later changed it (and also changed Japanese before that). Just because they say X date, it doesn't mean 100% it will be that way. I dont trust any other source at all, and i only semi-trust sony, until I get my hands on the my copy of the game. Lessons learned..
 
Argh.

I hate watching these new videos but I can't help it! they're too attractive to me xD.

I hope there is no video of the aftermarket wheel selection - I want that as a surprise, but if it gets leaked I won't be able to resist watching it. TE37's, SSR's, Meister's...OH MA GAWD. I hope they're all in :)
 
I just realized what "20 tracks, 70 variations" means!
It means really 20 tracks and 70 variations...(layouts) excluding reverse I think.Having in mind how good "cape ring" variations looks - I'm about totally happy with it.

There are already more than 20 tracks confirmed excluding variations.
 
I am quite aware its the OFFICIAL site ;) I am also aware the OFFICAL sites gave us nov 2, and later changed it (and also changed Japanese before that). Just because they say X date, it doesn't mean 100% it will be that way. I dont trust any other source at all, and i only semi-trust sony, until I get my hands on the my copy of the game. Lessons learned..

Far too true... But it is the most believable source. Apart from the letterbox
 
I just realized what "20 tracks, 70 variations" means!
It means really 20 tracks and 70 variations...(layouts) :) Excluding reverse I think.
Having in mind how good "cape ring" variations looks - I'm about totally happy with it.
To say Forza 3 has 23 tracks. (but they are nowhere near GT5 beauty and precision)

Yeah there are around 20 individual tracks, but we counted 77 variations in the practice mode video, That is without the top gear track the Nordscleiffe IIRC, making it at least a total of 79 variations.
 
Nothing is better than looking at the GT blog and seeing

GT Blog
Oct 2009 - 1 To the Nürburgring 2
Kazunori Yamauchi / Gran Turismo series producer

as being the last thing posted :(, I keep checking that hoping he'll say something. haha
 
Far too true... But it is the most believable source. Apart from the letterbox

That, i don't deny...yet I recall a children story we get told here, about a kid herding some sheep. He keeps yelling the woolf is comming, but it never does.. until one day, and nobody believes him. It's pretty similar imho :) Sony being the boy, GT being the wolf, and all us fanatics being the town who go crazy mental, and euphoric every time we hear "release". Let's get the game in our hands, then im sure... :)
 
Nothing is better than looking at the GT blog and seeing

GT Blog
Oct 2009 - 1 To the Nürburgring 2
Kazunori Yamauchi / Gran Turismo series producer

as being the last thing posted :(, I keep checking that hoping he'll say something. haha

I think that after that he really hasnt had the time to go back to his Blog... Releasing GT5 is going to drive a lot out of your mind.
 
From the V8 Superstarts competition

"Twain Harte, California—November 10, 2010—O-Games, Inc. a publisher of family, social and sports video games and part of OG International LTD., announced today a new contest for players of Superstars V8 Racing, available now exclusively on PlayStation®Network in North America for $19.99. The Superstars V8 Racing contest will result in O-Games giving away 10 copies of Polyphony Digital’s highly anticipated Gran Turismo 5 whenever it ships." FAIL :dunce:
 
The intro movie from rybakdany has been removed, the Sony ninjas have gotten to him...

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC."
 
That, i don't deny...yet I recall a children story we get told here, about a kid herding some sheep. He keeps yelling the woolf is comming, but it never does.. until one day, and nobody believes him. It's pretty similar imho :) Sony being the boy, GT being the wolf, and all us fanatics being the town who go crazy mental, and euphoric every time we hear "release". Let's get the game in our hands, then im sure... :)

But if we've already stopped believing, then it is not long til he speaks the truth!!!

Gotta love the metaphor extension!
 
Nothing is better than looking at the GT blog and seeing

GT Blog
Oct 2009 - 1 To the Nürburgring 2
Kazunori Yamauchi / Gran Turismo series producer

as being the last thing posted :(, I keep checking that hoping he'll say something. haha

I guess the plane which was bringing him back to Japan had just crashed on some lost island and he was finally eaten by some ferocious invisible monster... no more news to expect from Kaz 👎
 
The thing that make me think most of all that those "leaked" videos are from Sony is the fact that he says that he "don't wont to spoil anything for us". Well... why would he even care? And if he did care, it's actualy up to one self if you wanna spoil it or not... I realy hope it is like this, and there will be DYNAMIC weather in GT mode and so on. Because as it is know, I just can't understand what's been taken 5 years...
 
The intro movie from rybakdany has been removed, the Sony ninjas have gotten to him...

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC."

I wonder what Sony actually is doing as they are so slow at taking down posted vids.

Should spend time communicating the release date imo.
 
CAR OF THE YEAR JAPAN 2010 & 2011 * Honda CR-Z

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d10194.html

gt1f.jpg


http://www.jcoty.org/index.html
 
We will get a 'GT5 is out next Tuesday', next Tuesday.
Looking more likely that that extra 'lock' on the Gamestop's Turismo Tuesday is for the release date. Odd that they'll announce it around a retailers promotion though
 
The intro movie from rybakdany has been removed, the Sony ninjas have gotten to him...

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC."

I'm glad that I don't watch it - I love surprises!More of that - all those leaked videos make me really sad!Those are awesome videos, but it spoils too much.Especially I feel bad after shocking SSR7 video.I can't believe how I will happy if I see it with my own eyes when I get my copy.
Sorry for English.
 
The intro movie from rybakdany has been removed, the Sony ninjas have gotten to him...

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC."

It's because we are on to them and their guerrilla marketing. So they decided to take down a video to make us second guess ourselves... or not.
 
The thing that make me think most of all that those "leaked" videos are from Sony is the fact that he says that he "don't wont to spoil anything for us". Well... why would he even care? And if he did care, it's actualy up to one self if you wanna spoil it or not... I realy hope it is like this, and there will be DYNAMIC weather in GT mode and so on. Because as it is know, I just can't understand what's been taken 5 years...

I think he respects PD and Sony to some extent.
 
I guess the plane which was bringing him back to Japan had just crashed on some lost island and he was finally eaten by some ferocious invisible monster... no more news to expect from Kaz 👎

Yeah, so THAT'S what happend, he laneded on the cargo ship that had all the games on it, which then had to be RETURNED back to its original place to then be repacked and lets not forget! reproduced with a new 3.51 firmware.
 
My money is on that as well, the span between release date announcement and release will be very short (one week max).

Yeah i think retailers are being told to hush-hush about the launch. That Indian distributor let the cat out of the bag somewhat but nearly everyone else is keeping quiet.

It's been done before. The Xbox 360 Slim was announced and then on sale in stores everywhere the very next day.
 
The intro movie from rybakdany has been removed, the Sony ninjas have gotten to him...

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC."
I think that substantiates my intuition that game companies can't claim a copyright on in-game footage where a player's actions are helping to create the "video." So they can only claim a copyright over pure videos that are included in the game.

The funny thing about that guy is that in the Zonda rain video, at the end his PSN name is easy to see. So even if he's been keeping the PS3 offline, he gave himself away there.
 
Gran Turismo Forever!!

Forever getting delayed, and forever not getting a release date.

I could die before we get this!!

Any of us could, and how would we feel then Sony?

You can't feel anything if your dead .



As far as release and marketing you need to look at it in phases.
1. Sony misses release date to "polish" which in essence builds more hype.
2. Photos,vids,Rumors start to escape as a grassroots side of the marketing. (probably not planned by Sony but guarantee they counted on it.)
3. In the meantime product is shipping to stores
4. Advertisement starts to leak such as store mags, price sheets, etc.
5. I believe last week NASCAR debuted a GT5 logo on a car

So now we have some buzz

Phase ii Nov 10-14
This weekend we get a release date for game as Nov 23rd in US.

1. Ads start blasting TV and Internet and reviewers get their copies.
2. Stores put up GT5 demos and deco

Phase iii Nov 15-23
Final countdown midnight sale announcements, etc.

Game Drops Nov 23rd
November 25th in US is Thanksgiving where they will bombard NFL with GT5 commercials all day and offer Black Friday sales and bundles.

Black Friday pushes GT5 into a battle with Black Ops and the two games go head to head into the Xmas holiday with advertisement on both sides pushing hard.

Last week in November - 1st week of December all magazines feature GT5 and their reviews.


If anybody doesn't think this is a viable sales and marketing plan, atleast for the large US market, then u need to brush up on your economics skills. I say this coupled with the early leaks and overall interest in Europe/worldwide we are right on target for a month end release.

I hope I'm right plus or minus a week.
If anybody thinks that

You could be on to something here.
 
Back