GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,812,417 views
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point?
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
No livery editor
Limited custom painting
Limited aftermarket parts
No cockpit in standard cars
No online auction house
Game is delayed
False marketing

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?

Another one for the block list...............
 
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point?
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
No livery editor
Limited custom painting
Limited aftermarket parts
No cockpit in standard cars
No online auction house
Game is delayed
False marketing

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?

This is more than ridiculous IMO. If you would start making pro's and con's like this in other games, you would find way more con's in them than in GT5.
 
I'm worried if Sony is going to release the game on december holiday, we won't have any surprises because by that period people who already own the game will have made every sort of video of the game...
 
djs
This is how I see it:
On the "change wheels" section you can do 2 things.
1. Buy new wheels
2. Change your existing ones.

So, for standards you just can't change them, but you can buy them.
Hope I'm right...

But when you buy the new wheels your gona end up changing them for the standard ones anyway, right? so its pretty much the same thing then...buying/changing.
 
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point?
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
No livery editor
Limited custom painting
Limited aftermarket parts
No cockpit in standard cars
No online auction house
Game is delayed
False marketing

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?

Do you want me to list the GT5 features that Forza doesn't have? I really suspect you are trolling here, since your comment was out of place.

Whats with the last two cons? lol that doesn't even make any sense. You are just trying really hard here.
 
with just and est. few weeks left i would like to se a playable demo on psn
 
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point?
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
No livery editor
Limited custom painting
Limited aftermarket parts
No cockpit in standard cars
No online auction house
Game is delayed
False marketing

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?

This is a more relevant list. The replay factor in GT4 for me was building cars. Buying a used car, buy engine parts upgrading the engine, adjusting and customizing the appearance to what I want to see. Now that's been stripped away? I'm glad they decided to add some fancy menus and 200 highly detailed cars to the previous games

GT5:P had it, why go backwards?

You ask that, but PD have really done it this time....
 
MY ENGLISH IS GETTING BETTER HERE IN DAYS 👍:sly:
 
Cmon... TT3AZ don't be a hater! Focus on the Pros! It's near release finally... focusing on the cons will only make us sad.

(Or its a spooky FM fanboy there eh?)

Yeah I smell FM fanboy 'auction house' yeah thats something you see in forza games its like saying 'Oh there's no licence test in forza 3'

Anyway heres the way I see it.

This game DOES have 1000 cars.

200 cars which will be there as a new generation of gaming where they are fully customizable and have photo realistic detail.
Then there are 800 which are memories, all upscaled and limited, but they are like a bonus.. sort of if you know what I mean.

I was a little dissapointed but common guys, this has been the only let down of the game; the rims, for me anyway everything other than this has been AMAZING.

AND I thought Id never say this, but GT5 its finally coming, its so close!
 
I don't understand what Sony is doing at this point. They know we know the game is out there in the open. It may be they are waiting for some regions to get their shipments for a simultaneous release worldwide. However, there are SEVEN weeks left in the year! How hard can it be to pick a date(s)? With all the leaks they better say something official ASAP.
 
FORZA IS A NICE GAME BUT GT IS BETTER.
ALSO TURN10 SUCKS:tdown:
 
This is a more relevant list. The replay factor in GT4 for me was building cars. Buying a used car, buy engine parts upgrading the engine, adjusting and customizing the appearance to what I want to see. Now that's been stripped away? I'm glad they decided to add some fancy menus and 200 highly detailed cars to the previous games



You ask that, but PD have really done it this time....

I honestly feel sorry for you if you are a real fan of driving (driving games) and you can't see any positives with GT5, really I am.

But not that sorry that I'll loose sleep over it ;)
 
@happycorey, isn't GT5:P like an early build of GT5? Anyway at some game show they showed a G27 so Im guessing that they'll have full support for it.

@Revo Well Done! ;)

@Wink Fair point, I never used a 6+1 clutch then cause I never had one.
 
Does anyone else think that we've pretty much seen everything that's going to be in the game and the only things left to find out about will be minor disappointments? It's a phase that most games go through before release.
 
um if I can change wheels on any car in previous GT's, why the hell wouldn't I be able to in GT5? GTFO.
 
@happycorey, isn't GT5:P like an early build of GT5? Anyway at some game show they showed a G27 so Im guessing that they'll have full support for it.

@Revo Well Done! ;)

THANX MATE 👍
 
@happycorey, isn't GT5:P like an early build of GT5? Anyway at some game show they showed a G27 so Im guessing that they'll have full support for it.

Just because a game works with the G27/G25 doesn't mean it has full support for its functionality...
 
I honestly feel sory for you if you are a real fan of driving (driving games) and you can't see any positives with GT5, really I am.

I feel you man people crying about we cant change wheels for standards, Gt has taken a step back blah blah blah. How about thinking about we could never change the wheels size in GT its a great possiblity that we can customize the wheels to our liking size width etc. A lot of people remind me of my little girl which is expected from a 5 year old, but from so called grown folks. 👎
 
Anybody can translate that twitt-crap ?
http://twitter.com/Mikkun3939

Babelfish gives me:
At this day 11/11 as for PS3 4th anniversaries, the domestic sale day of GT5 the kana which is announced?

And Wikipedia says PS3 start date was 11.11.2006.

Conspiracy Guys, on your mark, GO GO :)

PS: I guess that guy/girl is just speculating ... but numbers are funny :)
 
You'd think that, but why did the clutch not work in the GT 370Z time-trial challenge then?
(which came out after GT5:P)

maybe because it was a demo who's only purpose was to enter into gt academy, as well as show off the new physics engine. As I recall, the graphics had also taken a hit
 
seriously...some people in here are a completely joke...
people will never be happy with what they will get, and for that people, that can see all the cons...just dont buy it...why waste your money on something you wont enjoy!

just name a game (yes, it's a game!!!) on any console that can top GT5?
tell me the name of the game that has day/night transition, dynamic weather, track creator, 1000+ cars, lots of challenges...people can have a game to least like 10 years here...but if you dont like what you see, just leave this alone
 
Back