GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,113 views
November 24th is great news if it is true.

Seriously guys...The last clue we had of a release date was "Noel 2010" (or Christmas.)

This new clue is a whole month ahead of that...Its great news if you ask me.

And all these videos just make the time fly by. These last 3-4 days have gone like nothing...And I've had a pretty bad week. Usually when you're having a tough time it seems to feel like every day is longer.
 
lontra
Its must be posible the game been release without anoucement??

sorry for my english.

There is a possibility. Some people stated before that Little Big Planet came out when there really wasn't an official date really set, and that Amazon was given the green light to ship that game when they had it. So anything is possible. 💡

I'm starting to think this may be a possibility too. I've just checked my order on Play.com and it now says 'awaiting stock' instead of 'pre-order'.
 
Is anyone else getting worried that we haven't seen anything new in all the videos that we didn't already know about except for a couple of Ferraris and a few tracks? I am starting to think that we have seen pretty much every premium car and possibly all of the tracks.
 
Just one question: if GT5 supports video uploading to YouTube, in HD, why are these guys using bad quality SD cameras to film the game?
 
24 November is MUCH to late now that so much have been shown by people already having the game.

If in a couple of days we get videos like today, almost everything will be known and the hype level will drop dramaticly.

I agree, but given we are left in th dark since the delay, if they announced 24 november now, I wouldn't be so disapointed because it's 'only' in two weeks after all.
 
viral marketing can be very effective, but in this case, I think most of us would rather just have a release date.
Even if we just want a date, I convinced even more people now to buy the game :D strategy works :D but does sony know they have a strategy? :p maybe they just...
 
I think its really good that the ppl have shown some stuff to us, at least we can se what the game will offer. Im glad i watched the videos, since i planned to buy a ps3 and gt5, thanks to the vids i wont buy and that is a good thing. In these days when many ppl just buy a console for a single game, its important to find out every bit of info.

Which bit's don't you like?
 
Is anyone else getting worried that we haven't seen anything new in all the videos that we didn't already know about except for a couple of Ferraris and a few tracks? I am starting to think that we have seen pretty much every premium car and possibly all of the tracks.

nope
 
Just one question: if GT5 supports video uploading to YouTube, in HD, why are these guys using bad quality SD cameras to film the game?

I think it has to do with the fact there servers for GT5 aren't really public yet. But I wonder if you can save replays to your hard drive and upload them via the Editor feature.
 
How are the licenses supposed to work now that there are levels? It used to be you had to have a certain license to enter a race event, but now it appears they are using levels instead, so what will we actually use our licenses for?

In the A Spec events video the guy put up, it was still seperated by the different classes, so I assume it's the same as before. I may have missed something though.
 
Is anyone else getting worried that we haven't seen anything new in all the videos that we didn't already know about except for a couple of Ferraris and a few tracks? I am starting to think that we have seen pretty much every premium car and possibly all of the tracks.

Yeah we have. But if 79 variations of track and over 200 premium cars and 800 standards isn't enough...what were you expecting?

Sure we've had some bad news...but at the moment I'm being optimistic that the pro's out-weigh the cons.

From the video's I've got:
Pro's:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims
800 Standard cars to race with
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks
EXCELLENT engine sounds
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style
Challenging & interesting trophies.

Cons:
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
 
Don't know if this has been said already, but look at what it says exactly:
wheels.jpg


What if we will be able to purchase new wheels for all cars, but just be able to modify the size etc for premium cars, which the word 'change' would imply? Can only guess though, need to click that icon to actually find out. :P

Seems a bit weird to me that you can't purchase new wheels for the standard cars, seeing as they're pretty much 'upgraded' GT4 versions and we could get new wheels there.

Edit: Then again, the icon itself says Change as well. :p
 
I have a feeling Sony would have moved GT5 to next year in an effort to push the PS Move stuff pre-Christmas if these videos hadn't surfaced, just a hunch.
 
Yeah we have. But if 79 variations of track and over 200 premium cars and 800 standards isn't enough...what were you expecting?

Sure we've had some bad news...but at the moment I'm being optimistic that the pro's out-weigh the cons.

From the video's I've got:
Pro's:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims
800 Standard cars to race with
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks
EXCELLENT engine sounds
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style

Cons:
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels

HUGE PRO'S are HUGE. :dopey:👍
 
It i very strange sony dont do nothing about this...

things like this hurt very much! We are waiting for the release date and two guys playing the game!!! Great Sony, very good job! lol
 
I think its really good that the ppl have shown some stuff to us, at least we can se what the game will offer. Im glad i watched the videos, since i planned to buy a ps3 and gt5, thanks to the vids i wont buy and that is a good thing. In these days when many ppl just buy a console for a single game, its important to find out every bit of info.

Ya, tell us what you don't like. So, from these videos you got all the "info" and know everything GT5 offers?
 
Don't know if this has been said already, but look at what it says exactly:
wheels.jpg


What if we will be able to purchase new wheels for all cars, but just be able to modify the size etc for premium cars, which the word 'change' would imply? Can only guess though, need to click that icon to actually find out. :P

Seems a bit weird to me that you can't purchase new wheels for the standard cars, seeing as they're pretty much 'upgraded' GT4 versions and we could get new wheels there.

Edit: Then again, the icon itself says Change as well. :p

Its a nice thought, but the fact that the word Change is used in both contexts leads me to think that you're wrong. Though I admire your optimism and hope you are correct.
 
Hope change means change in size and not buy.
 
Don't know if this has been said already, but look at what it says exactly:
wheels.jpg


What if we will be able to purchase new wheels for all cars, but just be able to modify the size etc for premium cars, which the word 'change' would imply? Can only guess though, need to click that icon to actually find out. :P

Seems a bit weird to me that you can't purchase new wheels for the standard cars, seeing as they're pretty much 'upgraded' GT4 versions and we could get new wheels there.

Edit: Then again, the icon itself says Change as well. :p

you know what, you have a point. It doesn't say you can't purchase wheels for Standards, just that you can't change them. If that is true then I think people may not be as worried. I won't anyway. It just be like the previous GTs.
 
The effect is the same...people watch whats out there and its killing buzz...two weeks is a long time....things gets "old" by then...

You are right, but for most DHGTF (Die Hard Gran Turismo fans) they will refrain from watching anything too revealing, Im no DHGTF but I am eagerly waiting for this, the casual fans would watch videos and not give a 🤬 because they are not waiting as eagerly as most of us are.

About not revealing, I have only watched a 0:49 vid on GT5, you only have the powers to control what you watch/dont watch.
 
Don't know if this has been said already, but look at what it says exactly:
wheels.jpg


What if we will be able to purchase new wheels for all cars, but just be able to modify the size etc for premium cars, which the word 'change' would imply? Can only guess though, need to click that icon to actually find out. :P

Seems a bit weird to me that you can't purchase new wheels for the standard cars, seeing as they're pretty much 'upgraded' GT4 versions and we could get new wheels there.

Edit: Then again, the icon itself says Change as well. :p

That's a new way of looking at it. Hope you're right 👍
 
Don't know if this has been said already, but look at what it says exactly:
wheels.jpg


What if we will be able to purchase new wheels for all cars, but just be able to modify the size etc for premium cars, which the word 'change' would imply? Can only guess though, need to click that icon to actually find out. :P

Seems a bit weird to me that you can't purchase new wheels for the standard cars, seeing as they're pretty much 'upgraded' GT4 versions and we could get new wheels there.

Edit: Then again, the icon itself says Change as well. :p

exactly what I thought:dopey:
 
Yeah we have. But if 79 variations of track and over 200 premium cars and 800 standards isn't enough...what were you expecting?

Sure we've had some bad news...but at the moment I'm being optimistic that the pro's out-weigh the cons.

From the video's I've got:
Pro's:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims
800 Standard cars to race with
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks
EXCELLENT engine sounds
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style
Challenging & interesting trophies.

Cons:
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels

I definitely like this menu style to GT4
 
One question that I have is that when we finally do get a release date, is it going to come from Japan, the U.S., Europe, etc? If it's coming from Japan, if I haven't seen it in the morning when I get up from work, I can basically dismiss seeing anything until late that night.
 
djs
Hey guys, in my disapointment i thought of this:
About the wheels it says: purchase new wheels or change your cars existing set..
So that would mean purchase and change is NOT the same action in the game.
Purchase means buy and change means...change in size etc.
What do you think?

You can have a point there, I remember in NFS shift you could change the wheel size, which was different than just painting it or changing it's design.
 
I definitely like this menu style to GT4

That's interesting, I actually preferred the look of the GT4 menus. Not gonna gripe about it though, not important to me. I just wanna drive!
 
Back