GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,732 views
Could someone translate this article in english? My english is not so good


http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/g...mt-ende-des-monats-vorstellung-in-madrid.html

Just a load of BS.
They're saying the game will be released one week after the launch party.

They are also saying that the discs are on their way from Asia to Europe which made me lol since EU releases always were and are still made in Austria.

To sum it up, the article is written by someone who doesn't have the slightes idea what's he's writing about.
 
I feel you man people crying about we cant change wheels for standards, Gt has taken a step back blah blah blah. How about thinking about we could never change the wheels size in GT its a great possiblity that we can customize the wheels to our liking size width etc. A lot of people remind me of my little girl which is expected from a 5 year old, but from so called grown folks. 👎

Ok fine you just cheered me up, as long as we can change the wheel sizes of cars i'm happy with the 200 or so cars this applies to, and i'm not being sarcastic.
 
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point?
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
No livery editor
Limited custom painting
Limited aftermarket parts
No cockpit in standard cars
No online auction house
Game is delayed
False marketing

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?

Another one for the block list...............

This.

We haven't seen every track yet. Only those available at the start. Remember GT4 only had about 20 tracks available at the beginning and it ended up with about 70 when everything was unlocked.

About the standards....WHY! WHY! WHY do we have to go through this crap again. First you were worried about how they would look like next to the Premium cars, now that we know that's nothing to worry about.

But, still, again with the "there's no cockpits on standard models" again and all the other crap. Seriously, shut up about it already.

I, for one, am happy with everything in the game and will be trying to platinum it. I guess, however, all those whiners who still don't like the standards won't be. I hope, when setting up online races, we can choose whether to race only Standard cars, only premium or mix them. Otherwise you know you'll join a race in a standard car and some idiot will be on his mic going "Ewwww....you're driving a standard car. Looser."
 
Anybody can translate that twitt-crap ?
http://twitter.com/Mikkun3939

Babelfish gives me:
At this day 11/11 as for PS3 4th anniversaries, the domestic sale day of GT5 the kana which is announced?

And Wikipedia say PS3 start date was 11.11.2006.

Conspiracy Guys, on your mark, GO GO :)


In ten hours we will see...then i will call my game dealer 👍 and i will bet that gt isn´t instore tomorrow! :indiff:
 
I honestly feel sorry for you if you are a real fan of driving (driving games) and you can't see any positives with GT5, really I am.

But not that sorry that I'll loose sleep over it ;)

I love driving games, and GT5 is the reason I bought my PS3. I am probably going to spend the majority of my time in GT5 B Specing races to gain credits just so I can do what I want to do, and enjoy drifting. But it's honestly not very fun to drift when the cars I'm limited to are mostly new cars, as opposed to cars I actually want to slide. And when I build the cars, I want to put wheels on them. Stock cars? No thanks. I would rather have the option to change the wheels of any car I choose than paint any car.
 
this.

We haven't seen every track yet. Only those available at the start. Remember gt4 only had about 20 tracks available at the beginning and it ended up with about 70 when everything was unlocked.

About the standards....why! Why! Why do we have to go through this crap again. First you were worried about how they would look like next to the premium cars, now that we know that's nothing to worry about.

But, still, again with the "there's no cockpits on standard models" again and all the other crap. Seriously, shut up about it already.

I, for one, am happy with everything in the game and will be trying to platinum it. I guess, however, all those whiners who still don't like the standards won't be. I hope, when setting up online races, we can choose whether to race only standard cars, only premium or mix them. Otherwise you know you'll join a race in a standard car and some idiot will be on his mic going "ewwww....you're driving a standard car. Looser."

+1
 
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point?
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
No livery editor
Limited custom painting
Limited aftermarket parts
No cockpit in standard cars
No online auction house
Game is delayed
False marketing

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?

This isn't exactly a fair thought. Until the game is released, we don't know what all the game has to offer. Play then judge, not see and judge.
 
Another one for the block list...............

Why are you getting uppset, i just did a more relevant list. Im not trolling, im serious in online racing events and stuff. Im not a fanboy either, the game wich please me best is the one i buy, wheter its gt, forza, nfs.

From my point of view the list i made is the pros and cons according to me. I know many ppl would wish the gt5 to bee more like forza, in the way you can uniquify your car. I see things from a car enthusiast who are more in to street/tuning scene than professional racing with homologized cars.

The news are really some bad news for some car modders like me and my crew.
 
Anybody can translate that twitt-crap ?
http://twitter.com/Mikkun3939

Babelfish gives me:
At this day 11/11 as for PS3 4th anniversaries, the domestic sale day of GT5 the kana which is announced?

And Wikipedia says PS3 start date was 11.11.2006.

Conspiracy Guys, on your mark, GO GO :)

PS: I guess that guy/girl is just speculating ... but numbers are funny :)

11 november - 4th PS3 anniversary, the release day of GT5 will be announced at Japan.
 
Does anyone else think that we've pretty much seen everything that's going to be in the game and the only things left to find out about will be minor disappointments? It's a phase that most games go through before release.

We still don't know the complete list of the tracks, I'm pretty sure that we can find some surprises in the full list... I hope that at least!
And overall, I'm happy with the things in the videos, maybe the fact that we can't change wheels on Standard cars it's a bit disappointing, but I don't think it's the end of the world... just my opinion :)
 
Does anyone else think that we've pretty much seen everything that's going to be in the game and the only things left to find out about will be minor disappointments? It's a phase that most games go through before release.

I think we've seen about 20%... There is about another 70% of tracks that we haven't seen, and a lot of manufactures as well, so I think the other part are the same...
 
Does anyone else think that we've pretty much seen everything that's going to be in the game and the only things left to find out about will be minor disappointments? It's a phase that most games go through before release.

I didn't see yet:
- Course Maker (especially all themes)
- Randomly generated rally events
- Special events
- those announced "Wild" Events on the Top Gear TT
- Damage model
- 99% of the license tests
- 90% of the cars/at least 30% of the tracks (Nurburgring at night especially :drool:)
- 90% of the online mode
- 95% of the events
- Photo Mode
- and most important is the fact: we have no real HD videos yet

So no, I don't think I'll be disappointed. ;)
 
Just because a game works with the G27/G25 doesn't mean it has full support for its functionality...

Well if you are advertising a game, you would want to have OFFICIAL products there, that is why you won't see a Fanatec there (although they are most likely supported).....so Im guessing that it would be fully supported.
 
zod
i didn't see yet:
- course maker (especially all themes)
- randomly generated rally events
- special events
- those announced "wild" events on the top gear tt
- damage model
- 99% of the license tests
- 90% of the cars/at least 30% of the tracks (nurburgring at night especially :drool:)
- 90% of the online mode
- 95% of the events
- photo mode
- and most important is the fact: We have no real hd videos yet

so no, i don't think i'll be disappointed. ;)

+1
 
I guess no more videos today, let's hope for some new tomorrow.
 
zod
I didn't see yet:
- Course Maker (especially all themes)
- Randomly generated rally events
- Special events
- those announced "Wild" Events on the Top Gear TT
- Damage model
- 99% of the license tests
- 90% of the cars/at least 30% of the tracks (Nurburgring at night especially :drool:)
- 90% of the online mode
- 95% of the events
- Photo Mode
- and most important is the fact: we have no real HD videos yet

So no, I don't think I'll be disappointed. ;)

The point is, the less you see now the more you will be surprised and happy when the product is in your hands.
 
zod
This is more than ridiculous IMO. If you would start making pro's and con's like this in other games, you would find way more con's in them than in GT5.

That's exactly what I think.
It's not that long ago that most of us in here weren't sure if we're gonna get damage and rain and night time, and hell, we would have bought GT5 even without those things IF the racing FEELS good, right?
We'll get so much we didn't even allow us to dream of, so I really can't understand all this ... nitpicking should be an appropriate word I guess!

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entiteled to his opinion, of course.
But saying something towards "epic fail" without having played ONE DAMN RACE is really ridiculous to me.

I might just leave this forum for a couple of days and enjoy looking forward to a great game with only checking what Jordan shows me on the main page. All this frustration in here can't be healthy :scared: I mean come on, this game won't suck even if my beloved Aston Martins, especially the One-77, haven't been sighted yet. And I definitely won't be mad just because my lovely Skoda Fabia 1.4 definitely won't be a premium car :dopey:
 
11 november - 4th PS3 anniversary, the release day of GT5 will be announced at Japan.

So basically those of us who live in the U.S. should know by around midnight if this rings true.
 
According to my countdown which is set to the 30th, GT should come out within 19 days.
 
If anyone's gonna defend GT5 against Forza folk, I think they should just save their breath (and the unnecessarily increasing forum post count).

GT5 can speak for itself. It's looking awesome. ;)
 
zod
I didn't see yet:
- Course Maker (especially all themes)
- Randomly generated rally events
- Special events
- those announced "Wild" Events on the Top Gear TT
- Damage model
- 99% of the license tests
- 90% of the cars/at least 30% of the tracks (Nurburgring at night especially :drool:)
- 90% of the online mode
- 95% of the events
- Photo Mode
- and most important is the fact: we have no real HD videos yet

So no, I don't think I'll be disappointed. ;)

But we knew those features would already be in it, only their minutiae can surprise or disappoint now. What i mean is their anything big still unknown?
 
So apparently they'll announce a date tomorrow...wonder if this is actual BS again ?

Well it's from some guy, pretty random on Twitter. But would be cool if they announce it tomorrow.
At least the guessing game would be over.

00:03 on the clock, better had off to bed, see you tomorrow guys :)
 
Ok, am pretty much going to leave now until I have the game, happy with everything I have seen, other than the small disappointment of no wheel change for standards. Want to see the rest for myself :)
 
GUYS LET THE RIMS AND OTHER STUFF....

FACT IS THAT SONY MILION GT FANS IGNORED AND NOT COME WITH A RELEASE DATE!
:ouch::nervous::crazy:
 
release for 3rd november according to the tesco pre order
 
Back