GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,813,113 views
I think 'the new way of looking at it' is the right way. I don't think PD would take out such a feature.
I love the menu style. Great artwork/photographs.

I think we will see it being released at 24 Nov.
Most hints and tips are going to that direction.
 
Don't know if this has been said already, but look at what it says exactly:
wheels.jpg


What if we will be able to purchase new wheels for all cars, but just be able to modify the size etc for premium cars, which the word 'change' would imply? Can only guess though, need to click that icon to actually find out. :P

Seems a bit weird to me that you can't purchase new wheels for the standard cars, seeing as they're pretty much 'upgraded' GT4 versions and we could get new wheels there.

Edit: Then again, the icon itself says Change as well. :p

That actually makes sense a lot 👍

standard cars , new rims -> YES
standard cars, modify new rims -> NO
 
If somebody can contact rybakdany and ask him to try and put aftermarket wheels on a standard car, we would have a definitive answer.

Thanks. :)

(I'm sure somebody on here can contact him.)
 
Just got a JB Hi-FI magazine in Auckland, New Zealand and the last page of it saying that GT5 is INSTORE NOW!

5165355808_88863cc081_z.jpg
 
I have a feeling Sony would have moved GT5 to next year in an effort to push the PS Move stuff pre-Christmas if these videos hadn't surfaced, just a hunch.

They can't, they don't have any room for GT5 in 2011. Jan - LBP2, Feb - KZ3 etc

PS Move isn't that important for them, plus most of the good Move games are releasing next year.
 
That actually makes sense a lot 👍

standard cars , new rims -> YES
standard cars, modify new rims -> NO

Not really, the options is called Change Wheels, then int he description it says you CANNOT CHANGE WHEELS of Standard cars...come on its so plain.
 
On one of the videos showing the various race levels it seemed to me that there were only nine different events in each level as it were. Please tell me there are more like the manufacturer specific events from GT4.
 
Not really, the options is called Change Wheels, then int he description it says you CANNOT CHANGE WHEELS of Standard cars...come on its so plain.

Not always, but until we get a vid to verify or something we can only speculate based on how far you can contort the English language.
 
Just got a JB Hi-FI magazine in Auckland, New Zealand and the last page of it saying that GT5 is INSTORE NOW!

lol

They don't seem to know what they're doing at all.

On their website they write:
Estimated Dispatch Date: 4 November 2010
Available: 04-12-2010

On the same item. :ouch:
 
Just got a JB Hi-FI magazine in Auckland, New Zealand and the last page of it saying that GT5 is INSTORE NOW!

5165355808_88863cc081_z.jpg

Have you tried calling them up to see if they really have any in stock???
 
Not really, the options is called Change Wheels, then int he description it says you CANNOT CHANGE WHEELS of Standard cars...come on its so plain.

Yeah, but why would they put 'new wheels' and 'change wheels' as 2 seperate things though? Must be some difference between the two or they had just put 'change wheels' only.
 
Im thinking about some thing...

Imagine that i´m maiking a phone call to Kaz:

- Hello Kaz! How are you??
- Very good!!! I´m playing Gt5 whit my new two friends!!!
- What?? And when do you think to give us a release date?
- I´m now on vacacion...maybe...next year???

I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!! I m waiting for GT5!!!
 
This is how I see it:
On the "change wheels" section you can do 2 things.
1. Buy new wheels
2. Change your existing ones.

So, for standards you just can't change them, but you can buy them.
Hope I'm right...
 
Have you tried calling them up to see if they really have any in stock???

I'll go back and ask them if they have them in stock.
 
Yeah, but why would they put 'new wheels' and 'change wheels' as 2 seperate things though? Must be some difference between the two or they had just put 'change wheels' only.

maybe you can purchase wheels (for premiums) and not have them installed--like other mods. But you go there to change them instead of the tune menu?

That's just how I read it.
 
Yeah, but why would they put 'new wheels' and 'change wheels' as 2 seperate things though? Must be some difference between the two or they had just put 'change wheels' only.

Goddamn PD and their ambiguity im starting to see what you're talking about...

Id love to have hope, but I hate being such a dreamer...
 
I Would say this....

Pro's:
almost 80 variations of 20 tracks - This is the only positive part
EXCELLENT engine sounds - It depends on the sound system you use also....
Great menu's which are true to GT's original style - Okay...
Okay fair enough

Cons:
200+ Premium cars with customizable rims - In modern games like these it is standard to change the rims. Even the old gt seried had that function.
800 Standard cars to race with - Why bother when these cars arnt really the games strong point?
No aftermarket wheels on standard cars
No painting stock wheels
No livery editor
Limited custom painting
Limited aftermarket parts
No cockpit in standard cars
No online auction house
Game is delayed
False marketing

As we se, this game lacks many basic features that are considered as "standard" in these days sim racing games. People here like bad talking forza, but all games should at least have the features forza 3 has, specially with PD resources. The japanese are experts in aftermarket stuff for their cars, yet they fail to show that in this game, wierd init?
 
hehe i just signet up for a 4 hour go kart race i oslo/norway :D gonna be great fun!!
 
Can anyone tell me how rybakdany is connected to the Playstation Network, presumably with an updated 1.5 firmware, and is earning trophies for an unreleased game? I'm just really confused by that. Is it possible that he could've "bought" the game from someone or some retailer that had it, and there's nothing that Sony can do?
 
Cmon... TT3AZ don't be a hater! Focus on the Pros! It's near release finally... focusing on the cons will only make us sad. (And your arse will prolly be kicked by some stressed GT fan or a mod)

(Or its a spooky FM fanboy there eh?)
 
I Would say this....

You haven't played the game yet so you can't know, and you won't experience it either per your decision to not buy it. 👍
 
Back