GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,812,322 views
back with the standard wheels issue i remember a video with a yaris changing oil with black wheels

I don't think that's black:
643412_0.jpg

(sony's ninjas removed video

There goes my dream about Audi
quattro with custom rims and matt black finish :(
 
There's a press embargo until the release partys over so there's no way it can come out before the 25th.
 
Just to let you know, here in italy on a carrefour leaflet GT5 is due out on december the 3rd..... ok carrefour is a simple chain of discount stores but hope is the last to die

gt5-italia.png
 
As far as release and marketing you need to look at it in phases.
1. Sony misses release date to "polish" which in essence builds more hype.
2. Photos,vids,Rumors start to escape as a grassroots side of the marketing. (probably not planned by Sony but guarantee they counted on it.)
3. In the meantime product is shipping to stores
4. Advertisement starts to leak such as store mags, price sheets, etc.
5. I believe last week NASCAR debuted a GT5 logo on a car

So now we have some buzz

Phase ii Nov 10-14
This weekend we get a release date for game as Nov 23rd in US.

1. Ads start blasting TV and Internet and reviewers get their copies.
2. Stores put up GT5 demos and deco

Phase iii Nov 15-23
Final countdown midnight sale announcements, etc.

Game Drops Nov 23rd
November 25th in US is Thanksgiving where they will bombard NFL with GT5 commercials all day and offer Black Friday sales and bundles.

Black Friday pushes GT5 into a battle with Black Ops and the two games go head to head into the Xmas holiday with advertisement on both sides pushing hard.

Last week in November - 1st week of December all magazines feature GT5 and their reviews.


If anybody doesn't think this is a viable sales and marketing plan, atleast for the large US market, then u need to brush up on your economics skills. I say this coupled with the early leaks and overall interest in Europe/worldwide we are right on target for a month end release.

I hope I'm right plus or minus a week.
If anybody thinks that
Well, except for the "u" (bleh), spoken like a true marketing weasel.

Don't take offense; I are one too. I think your analysis is spot-on. Whether or not Sony is savvy enough to conceive of and execute it is another matter entirely.

After all, look at the clumsy way they handled the last-minute delay.


I think it's a very usable marketing strategy. I did some more brainstorming and also now assume that with Black Ops in place, they were able to analyze TreyArch/Activisions marketing campaign and first week sales. With that knowledge they were able to refine their marketing budget and project the current climate of the game consumer going into holiday season. So now if they announce a release date this weekend they can do everything they can to trounce Black Ops sales with their newfound knowledge, including primary demographic targets, regions, and budgets. I'm sure they also took note of Black Ops commercials over the past few weeks and are finalizing they're video and audio commercials as we speak. That way they're ready to go on the date release is announced.

If people really think Sony will drop the ball on this, you're mistaking. You have to look between the lines. I also think the campaign will include major escalating emphasis on the 3D aspect of the game as we get closer to Xmas, to sell Sony's line of LED LCD's.


One of my biggest theories is that the majority of the public won't do anything when a release date is announced anyways. That's for the "hard-core" gamers who follow things to the minute. The only thing Sony MUST do for GT5 is to BLAST it's advertisement in the consumers face leading up the US biggest shopping day of the year Black Friday. If they blanket media with ad's 2-3 days before that day, it will be fresh in many of the "Average-Uninformed" consumers head. When they see it on kiosks everywhere that day it will sell out like hot cakes.

Along with my earlier post it all makes marketing sense and I would be comfortable using it a broad general scheme for a game of this magnitude.
 
Actually, some people did get dissapointed since there are games that offer such stuff that gt5 didnt include, the problem is that ppl had to big hopes for gt5, and when they heard the customization thing in gt5, that thought that the customization gt5 would offer would be something completly new, and that isnt the case. They had the hopes that they could buy an old civic or a supra and mod it both mechanicly and visual in such extent that other ppl online would be impressed. That can be achieved though, but not in gt5.

A game isnt sucessful just because it has many many cars, or lots of functions, the point is to have right cars, and right functions that would be valuable to the players. The 800 cars arnt really valuable to players since there are 200 exelent premium cars. Many epic cars are missing as premiums by the way.

Someone wrote on another post that Kaz listen to what fans want and put it in game, if it wasnt for us, games would never develope, since all game developers have special units reading bloggs, forums etc etc just to find out what is "hot" on the scene.


800 cars arent valuable to the players? who says so? probably my favorite cars will be in that 800 cars...trust me, even if you dont find that cars valuable for players, there are tons of people than can find value there.
now if someone was expecting nothing less than perfection...well what can i say?...there is no such thing...
also, the only real bad thing about standard cars is the cockpit, apart from that, they dont look that off.
 
Uh no. Hopefully we have only seen 50% or less. As far a tracks, there are several highly requested ones that haven't been seen. Based on an old "what would you like to see in GT5" thread on here started back several years go, PD has come thru on alot of the request. With that said, no I think we still have more to see, which is why its unfair to judge a game that we can't even play yet. These leaks aren't showing us what all we want to see. Perhaps Sony's does have a play in these leaks.

Experience has told us that it's wise to wait a while before assuming we know everything about a GT game.
I'm also pretty sure we'll have update content by the time of the official release. Even if PD wasn't expecting so many leaks...
 
...so in a simple post, while I was at work...did we get any legit news?
 
I think it's a very usable marketing strategy. I did some more brainstorming and also now assume that with Black Ops in place, they were able to analyze TreyArch/Activisions marketing campaign and first week sales. With that knowledge they were able to refine their marketing budget and project the current climate of the game consumer going into holiday season. So now if they announce a release date this weekend they can do everything they can to trounce Black Ops sales with their newfound knowledge, including primary demographic targets, regions, and budgets. I'm sure they also took note of Black Ops commercials over the past few weeks and are finalizing they're video and audio commercials as we speak. That way they're ready to go on the date release is announced.

If people really think Sony will drop the ball on this, you're mistaking. You have to look between the lines. I also think the campaign will include major escalating emphasis on the 3D aspect of the game as we get closer to Xmas, to sell Sony's line of LED LCD's.


One of my biggest theories is that the majority of the public won't do anything when a release date is announced anyways. That's for the "hard-core" gamers who follow things to the minute. The only thing Sony MUST do for GT5 is to BLAST it's advertisement in the consumers face leading up the US biggest shopping day of the year Black Friday. If they blanket media with ad's 2-3 days before that day, it will be fresh in many of the "Average-Uninformed" consumers head. When they see it on kiosks everywhere that day it will sell out like hot cakes.

Along with my earlier post it all makes marketing sense and I would be comfortable using it a broad general scheme for a game of this magnitude.

Excellent post.
 
Anyone putting up pirate links should be banned.
 
If Paul the Octopus was still alive, we would have asked him "24 November" or "Other day" :dopey:
 
Anyone putting up pirate links should be banned.
Huh, its "thanks" to the sleezy types that we got any info on gt5 what so ever ;)
 
If Paul the Octopus was still alive, we would have asked him "24 November" or "Other day" :dopey:

Oh man do you know of any other phychic animals we could use.:dopey:
 
I wasn't aware of what that file was.. I've not downloaded it, nor was I in anyway wanting people to pirate GT5.

thank you

I'm pretty shocked that GT5 standard cars wont have changeable rims... however not a game breaker.

I will get GT5 but I may just get the standard edition instead.
 
Yeah,

From Webhallen:

Produktspecifikation - Product name
Releasedatum 2013 - Release date - 2013, thats like 3 years from now
Vårt artikelnr 123982
Utvecklare SCEJ
 
I wasn't aware of what that file was.. I've not downloaded it, nor was I in anyway wanting people to pirate GT5.

thank you

I'm pretty shocked that GT5 standard cars wont have changeable rims... however not a game breaker.

I will get GT5 but I may just get the standard edition instead.

i think a lot of people are doing that
 
Used car video is dead. Rybak removed it. Scratch that.. all the videos.
 
I see all rybakdany's videos are down, I hope the Ninja's go easy on him !
 
I think perhaps you people should wind your vagina's back in and grow the hell up. I was merely pointing something out which I had stumbled across on youtube.

I wasn't affiliating myself to piracy. I was just providing a link to something I had seen on the internet.

people here wouldn't have the information they had on GT5 if it wasn't for people looking online and sending tidbits of information to GT PLANET.

apologies if the link had already been posted.
 
Back