GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,810,034 views
There is really something that keeps me frustrated about GT5...

I was about to sell my x360 wich I bought 5-6 months ago. I did not turned it on since 3 months now! My friend gave me already the money for it but it hurts to sell the console.

I really love Porsche and in FM3 I nearly only drive with Porsche. I think, even though GT5 will blow everything away, I will keep my 360, only to drive some Porsches from time to time... The main reason for selling my box was because I had no steering wheel for it and with the pad it´s not half of the fun. But as I said, the Porsches are really so awesome... Like them much more than any other brand...

Also I´m worried about the fact that I know, when I got my copy of GT5, maybe I will play 1 hour and then stop it (for this day)... Because as it´s always in life, you can´t wait for something that you don´t have, but if you got it, it gets you bored...

The leaks also were not that impressive. Sure the game looks fantastic and so on... But the content seems like nearly the same as in GT4. Sunday Cup and so on... I thought there are really serious championship races like a whole season in F12010...

Ok we have not seen all from the leaks but as I can judge from that what I´ve seen, there are no big surprises in the game? For example, how mindblowing would it be to have much more Lambos and Ferraris and also much more real racing tracks...

Anyway, I will judge first, when I got the game...
 
From FingerHut's online chat:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Charlie F.
Customer: Item Number NJ817
Charlie F: Thank you for using Fingerhut Webchat Service. My name is Charlie, may I have your first and last name please?
Customer: do you actually have it in stock?
Charlie F: Hi there.
Charlie F: Let me check that.
Customer: also, what is shipping code A?
Charlie F: The shipping code determines the shipping cost, can I have the catalog number please?
Customer: not sure. on your site it lists item number as NJ817. It is PS3 Gran Turismo 5 collectors edition
Charlie F: Okay, let me check that.
Charlie F: I apologize, the item is currently not available but we have a range of items on our site and I can certainly help you look for other items. Would that be okay with you?
Your session has ended. You may now close this window by clicking the Red "X" above.

"Charlie F: I apologize, the item is currently not available but we have a range of items on our site and I can certainly help you look for other items. Would that be okay with you?"

LOL!!

That sentence was hilarious! :sly::)
 
comicbookguyfail.png
 
I think its important to note that the only people that really REALLY care about the delay are the 2 - 3000 (?) active members on these forums (+ whatever other GT forums exist). That number is comprised largely of hardcore GT fans and people who have been waiting for the game for a very long time, coming back every day looking for new info.

Obviously if you want something that bad your perception of things is going to be different than the average person who will just buy the game whenever it comes out.

So, looking at the bigger picture, what we think or say matters very little to Sony. There will be MILLIONS of people buying this game and playing it when it comes out that will have known little about the delay or could care less about it.

Like I said, if it was any other Sony game people would just sit back and accept it. I guess there are just a LOT of hardcore GT fans out there and collectively we make waiting through delays a bitch!

Well said.

Oh how I envy the so-called "casual gamer". Imagine that said casual gamer strolls into a game shop one day, sees "Gran Turismo 5" and having never seen or heard of it before, he thinks: "Hmm, looks good, I think I'll give it a whirl."

Us poor souls however, by which I mean hardcore GT fans, have had to suffer all the waiting in agony for our beloved Gran Turismo 5! Ignorance can be bliss it seems. Casual gamers don't know how lucky they are when they pick up a copy from the store.

To summarise:

  • Gran Turismo 5 for Casual Gamers = Soul on Display Case, I'll buy it!

  • Gran Turismo 5 for Hardcore Fans = Soul on Dismay.
 
Proof that the Sony Business model is working. I still have to wonder what Sony is really up to waiting this long. Maybe they plan to do a surprise release?

I sure hope not. That would ruin my plans to take a few days off to play.
 
Hmmm no leaks or news today :guilty:

Maybe Sony will brighten up our Friday with a release date!?!
 
Last edited:
Guy's i was thinking about the reverse light's in GT5.
Have GT5 working reverse lights??
 
Guy's i was thinking about the reverse light's in GT5.
Have GT5 working reverse lights??

Yes I'm able to spread cheer.

Yes they do indeed young man.
 
Guy's i was thinking about the reverse light's in GT5.
Have GT5 working reverse lights??

So... You're new to this Internet thing?

Here's a tip... Google. As in search, before you ask so you don't come across as a lame noob asking confirmation on things that are common knowledge for months.

No offense, just a friendly advice ;)
 
It shouldn't take this long to tell a release date. Someone seriously contact Sony and see what the 🤬 is up.
 
Um why haven't we seen any damage videos from the leaked copies?
 
So still no news regarding release date then.And here I am at home having booked this week off to play GT5.You couldn't really make it up could you:grumpy:
 
Is that true?
I didn't seen it...

I can't find a good video on youtube or anything, but maybe one of these guys up here can, I know Jordan had posted some on the news section a good while ago.
 
Is that true?
I didn't seen it...

Please use proper english. It can be hard to understand you.

Edit: and don't double post. Use the edit button.
 
It should take this long to tell a release date. Someone seriously contact Sony and see the 🤬 is up.

I think some people have already done just that. Their response is a very generic, "We do not currently have a release date for this title."
 
Maybe Sony will brighten up are Friday with a release date!?!

No offense, but did you mean 'our' instead of 'are'?
I'm just saying because your location shows 'England', which is even worse if you meant 'are'.
 
Proof that the Sony Business model is working. I still have to wonder what Sony is really up to waiting this long. Maybe they plan to do a surprise release?

Damn people with all their pre orders, your just confirming to Sony that their silence is fantastic for sales!:ouch:
 
Back