GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,810,097 views
It's funny, if this was any other Sony release no one would give a crap

Not exactly. God of War could have gotten the same attention. LBP2 perhaps as well. But any Sony exclusive delay could get fans of that franchise all bend out of shape. The sad thing is like the post above said. Sony is watching this site. They probably have specific people who actually follow these post in the threads. It's probably entertainment for them in away. Does anyone remember the movie "Ratrace" when all the rich guys are gambling on who will find the jackpot lump some of money? Placing bets on what they think someone will do. In a way I feel that Sony is toying with us the same way. They know their intent but they are allowing us to go nuts here. They will get the sales from GT fans regardless of when its releases. They need the sales from all racing fans though. So Sony I will say this. If you miss out on Black Friday and Cyber Monday (in the U.S.), this year 2010, you all will regret it and shame on you. This game is a money pot for alot of your other products.
 
My guess is that all the rage comes from the fact Sony is just doing anything but crap with this particular game, come on we are all waiting for it for about 5 years and now it's about to be released and we still have no date, I must admit that I understand all the anger toward Sony (first time since a long time that I see that kind of mess with a game)
 
My guess is that all the rage comes from the fact Sony is just doing anything but crap with this particular game, come on we are all waiting for it for about 5 years and now it's about to be released and we still have no date, I must admit that I understand all the anger toward Sony (first time since a long time that I see that kind of mess with a game)

I think that they would ease a lot of tension if they just came out and said, "We will have a release date on November, xx. Please bear with us."
 
Hey everyone, I love the forums but never have the time to post and they cancelled my old account

Look at this, it states GT5 as IN STOCK: http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGro...139475&categoryxid=0&cmCategoryID=buytogether

Also, El corte Ingles, the biggest retailer in Spain quotes the release date as 1 December.

I know its nothing official, but I have asked to 4 guys in different branches and they all quote 1 December.

Lets hope and thanks for the forum!
 
So not denying what sony is doing is really ****** to us GT fans, we are among the most loyal fans out there, I am still really really excited about this game. I mean looking at all the leaked vids has got me absolutely freaking out about GT5. I even went to my local gamestop to play the demo again. I want to see rain effects in glorious HD in my own house. I....can't....wait.
 
Sony doesn't care? It's a multi million dollar project they have in their hands and people are saying that Sony doesn't care? They care more than anyone else.

Have some patience, people. It's only a couple more days/weeks. They don't owe you anything. They release a product when they want to and if you want it, you pay the money.

As much as I want it, I'm just waiting patiently. For those of us who are tired of hearing people complain, we can simply ignore them. Let them whine and complain like children.

:)
 
Hey everyone, I love the forums but never have the time to post and they cancelled my old account

Look at this, it states GT5 as IN STOCK: http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGro...139475&categoryxid=0&cmCategoryID=buytogether

Also, El corte Ingles, the biggest retailer in Spain quotes the release date as 1 December.

I know its nothing official, but I have asked to 4 guys in different branches and they all quote 1 December.

Lets hope and thanks for the forum!

Nothing bad meant, but ... Guess you havent been here that much, cause that's nothing new :( Besides... eh.. nevermind..
 
Hey everyone, I love the forums but never have the time to post and they cancelled my old account

Look at this, it states GT5 as IN STOCK: http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGro...139475&categoryxid=0&cmCategoryID=buytogether

Also, El corte Ingles, the biggest retailer in Spain quotes the release date as 1 December.

I know its nothing official, but I have asked to 4 guys in different branches and they all quote 1 December.

Lets hope and thanks for the forum!

Old news, plus they said it would take ten days before they even ship. They're full of s***
 
I think its important to note that the only people that really REALLY care about the delay are the 2 - 3000 (?) active members on these forums (+ whatever other GT forums exist). That number is comprised largely of hardcore GT fans and people who have been waiting for the game for a very long time, coming back every day looking for new info.

Obviously if you want something that bad your perception of things is going to be different than the average person who will just buy the game whenever it comes out.

So, looking at the bigger picture, what we think or say matters very little to Sony. There will be MILLIONS of people buying this game and playing it when it comes out that will have known little about the delay or could care less about it.

Like I said, if it was any other Sony game people would just sit back and accept it. I guess there are just a LOT of hardcore GT fans out there and collectively we make waiting through delays a bitch!
 
Hi guys, is there any news from the conference??:dunce:
 
No, strictly PSN related content. GT5 was only mentioned as "to be released soon."

Thats about it.
 
I think its important to note that the only people that really REALLY care about the delay are the 2 - 3000 (?) active members on these forums (+ whatever other GT forums exist). That number is comprised largely of hardcore GT fans and people who have been waiting for the game for a very long time, coming back every day looking for new info.

Obviously if you want something that bad your perception of things is going to be different than the average person who will just buy the game whenever it comes out.

So, looking at the bigger picture, what we think or say matters very little to Sony. There will be MILLIONS of people buying this game and playing it when it comes out that will have known little about the delay or could care less about it.

Like I said, if it was any other Sony game people would just sit back and accept it. I guess there are just a LOT of hardcore GT fans out there and collectively we make waiting through delays a bitch!

While I see your point, I don't think I entirely agree with it. For example, I have 5 or 6 friends who plan on buying it who are both a) upset about the delay and b) not registered members of this forum. There are a lot more people who are upset about it than just the people on this board.
 
While I see your point, I don't think I entirely agree with it. For example, I have 5 or 6 friends who plan on buying it who are both a) upset about the delay and b) not registered members of this forum. There are a lot more people who are upset about it than just the people on this board.

Yeah good point. But they aren't voice their complaints anywhere, hence as far as Sony is concerned they don't exist.
 
Ok, thanx guys for your answer! 👍
So there no release deate from Sony... 👎
 
Yeah good point. But they aren't voice their complaints anywhere, hence as far as Sony is concerned they don't exist.

This is true. Either way, it sucks that they keep us in the dark.
 
I think its important to note that the only people that really REALLY care about the delay are the 2 - 3000 (?) active members on these forums (+ whatever other GT forums exist). That number is comprised largely of hardcore GT fans and people who have been waiting for the game for a very long time, coming back every day looking for new info.



haha!!! And only half of us will get it initially cuz GTP will be flooded at that point and only showing "Database Error".
 
Hey everyone, I love the forums but never have the time to post and they cancelled my old account

Look at this, it states GT5 as IN STOCK: http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGro...139475&categoryxid=0&cmCategoryID=buytogether

Also, El corte Ingles, the biggest retailer in Spain quotes the release date as 1 December.

I know its nothing official, but I have asked to 4 guys in different branches and they all quote 1 December.

Lets hope and thanks for the forum!



From FingerHut's online chat:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Charlie F.
Customer: Item Number NJ817
Charlie F: Thank you for using Fingerhut Webchat Service. My name is Charlie, may I have your first and last name please?
Customer: do you actually have it in stock?
Charlie F: Hi there.
Charlie F: Let me check that.
Customer: also, what is shipping code A?
Charlie F: The shipping code determines the shipping cost, can I have the catalog number please?
Customer: not sure. on your site it lists item number as NJ817. It is PS3 Gran Turismo 5 collectors edition
Charlie F: Okay, let me check that.
Charlie F: I apologize, the item is currently not available but we have a range of items on our site and I can certainly help you look for other items. Would that be okay with you?
Your session has ended. You may now close this window by clicking the Red "X" above.
 
Did I say Everybody? I said that all this attitude is what I see, in no way am I blaming every fan. November 2nd was indeed at the time the final release date, but apparently sometihng came up that forced them to delay it. Also, They said they expect to announce a new date, they didn't promise one. And once again, the "Poor Fan treatment" seems to be again only brought up with GT5.

I do see your point but Little big planet doesn't have as huge a fan base as the GT series.When a huge Company like Sony tells fans that they expect an announcmentof the release date during a certain time period so that means the fans shouldn't beleive that? Games have been delayed before nothing new but GT5 has been delayed time and time again we were promised release dates before and still a release date is yet to stick and when the Biggest GT fan base all wanting a simple answer regarding the release date and still Sony doesn't even comment than that is simply Disrespectfull.
 
I hate this infinite silence from Sony!
 
Back