GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,806,627 views
it was worth the 100 pages,

Remember when we were talking about a livery editor? some people couldn't get their heads around racing cars having maybe logos, and maybe some kind of pattern, that sort of thing. But most of us got it.

Well it turns out for 80% of the cars, the little bit of personality we could inject had been inexplicably taken out.

100 pages is pretty mild considering how the game that should be wiping away all the bad memories and disappointment of Forza 3 is doing its best to end up worse

And you know this from playing the game? Reserve judgement for the time being and calling GT worse when you haven't even played the game yet.

I find it appaling that even with how much has already been put into this game, people will always find something to complain about and use that as an excuse to say that GT5 has not lived up to expectations. I'm also disappointed that's how its got to be with rims, but I don't immediately become gung-ho about it.

Wait for the game and judge it as a whole, not by its parts.
 
Yep, that's the one! It was on Stunts, a very, very old PC game that I used to play all day long :crazy:

Oh! And it did had a livery track editor!!!

276.jpg


one sexy ride 👍 :dopey:
 
My comparsion GT5 vs GT5P - same track, same car

GT5P (processing by YouTube now)

GT5
 
If not, I have another solution, I know a little but dedicated video game store, and I know I will get the game at least 2 days before the release date, if I'm lucky, even earlier.

^That. My games dealer always sells games before the official release. e.g. He's selling Black Ops since last saturday even though the official release was yesterday.
 
video memory does not equal system memory, I believe the ps3 can use the video memory (as system memory) but its a whole lot slower and hardly practical so really it has only 256MB of system ram, like I would say I have 8GB of ram in my pc, I wouldn't say it was 9Gb because I have a HD4870 in there with 1GB of video memory, off note: I believe the xbox 360 has 512MB of system ram and 256MB of video memory though

No just 512MB of general ram that can be accessed by either.
 
Today is really frustrating. When do expect them to release a release? They do it at major events, are there any coming up??
 
And you know this from playing the game? Reserve judgement for the time being and calling GT worse when you haven't even played the game yet.

I find it appaling that even with how much has already been put into this game, people will always find something to complain about and use that as an excuse to say that GT5 has not lived up to expectations. I'm also disappointed that's how its got to be with rims, but I don't immediately become gung-ho about it.

Wait for the game and judge it as a whole, not by its parts.

Yeah, ok. A ton of new things are in the game, yes. WHat if, most of those things are not important to people and the things that were nicked, were important? Then what? Your argument goes right out the window. You're the 100th person to use the "so much new stuff, ignore what's missing" speech. Guess what, no one is listening and there will be a hundred more.
Let people complain. That's what the forum is for. Unless you're one of the dozens of people on this forum who seem to be on PD's/SONY's payroll, then you can complain about the complaining all you want.
 
Today is really frustrating. When do expect them to release a release? They do it at major events, are there any coming up??
Yes the launch party in Madrid in November 24
 
... during which they will announce that the games are in the stores since the day before...
 
Guys I just want to let you all know something you proabably already know, PD arent actually taking as much time announcing the release date as you think. The reason it feels so long is because people are just glued on to the forums, days feel like weeks and a simple way to overcome this is to just chillout, and forget all about GT5, Im thinking of not coming back untill the 24th :)
 
My local Gamestop said the Sony representative was in there today and told them they still didn't know when it would release, but that it would be before the end of the year. He could be full of 🤬 but who knows. Not good news.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's the one! It was on Stunts, a very, very old PC game that I used to play all day long :crazy:

Oh! And it did had a livery track editor!!!

Wow I remember that game Stunts!!!! Loved making my own tracks with heaps of loops etc. You sir just unlocked a whole bunch of memories from my childhood and I thank you.
 
My comparsion GT5 vs GT5P - same track, same car

GT5P (processing by YouTube now)

GT5

Can you confirm for us if you can buy and change new wheels for Standard cars?

Thanks for the videos!
 
I'm quite worried about what we've seen so far, and what we've heard. I think GT5 will be great game, for me maybe even phenomenal, becouse it will be my first experience with Gran Turismo franchise.
Regardless I think our hopes are way too high. Prepare that there will be no Testarossa, 288GTO, Diablo, or maybe even Veyron. Forget about Stig, and Spa. Swallow bitter pill of no aftermarket whells for standards. Deal with it, becouse you could be disapointed despite having one of the greatest racing game of all time. I'm not talking about shuting up, and praise Kaz and PD, but as I see most of us expect perfect game with everything in it. It would be sad to not enjoy what we'll have in maybe 2 weeks becouse of too high hopes.

I think some day it will be perfect when we reach GT7 or GT8, and we all know it will be... soon ;)

what i was saying earlier, it's people that are setting their expectations high, and understandably so due to what an amazing, and consistent franchise that Gran Turismo is. This fanbase has a huge admiration for automobiles, perfection, and passion, which in turn creates a related relationship because it seems thats the type of person the creator is. Look at all these threads where people are pinpointing or suggesting certain elements that should be implemented into the game, with some intelligible people and in depth aurguments, its quite amazing and shows why gt5 is such aa great game. But people fail to realize the process of creating a game and never have to do the job PD does, sure we all know cool things that can be added to enchance gt5/or this should be like that etc, but it stops there because none of us are bound by the next step, problem solving of the limitations to create what you want.

I guarantee if any of u had a discussion with the creator kaz there wouldnt be any negatory or demeaning comments, unless u lack respect,what have u done thats so special?
 
And you know this from playing the game? Reserve judgement for the time being and calling GT worse when you haven't even played the game yet.

1. i said trying to be worse, they will probably fail since it seemsto be the run they are on.

I find it appaling that even with how much has already been put into this game, people will always find something to complain about and use that as an excuse to say that GT5 has not lived up to expectations.

Man, as a whole has a long and colorful history of plowing hours into things that just haven't worked. Its usually how we find out what does work.

I'm also disappointed that's how its got to be with rims, but I don't immediately become gung-ho about it.

maybe you should?

Wait for the game and judge it as a whole, not by its parts.
"wait for the final release" and "well make it yourself" are the more tired arguments going. Even now, god knows how many days / weeks / months before release a picture of the game is forming for all to see. thanks to youtube there really is nowhere to hide wit this kind of thing.
 
Enough about wheel rims, seriously. Anything that could be thought of or contemplated in any way possible about the inclusion or exclusion of changing wheel rims in GT5 has been discussed to death already. Nothing that's said in this forum will make a slight bit of difference to the game, and there's been enough moaning that someone will have heard (if they've been listening at all) and GT6 may see your problem solved. For now it is done.

Also, enough of the bitching, this delay is making us turn on each other like a bunch of idiots. The game will be an enjoyable jaunt with some fast lovely cars (and some that are not so fast, but just as lovely), we have so many amazing features that the lack of a few niggly things really pales in comparison with what we do have to play around with. Frankly, the pros far outweigh the cons and I'll be very happy when I finally get this game, it will be a work of art, a work of passion, which in the current world of jaded gaming and massive franchises churning out sequels year on year, GT5 will be a breath of fresh air for us racing/car enthusiasts. If you have issues to moan about trust me, someone else will have made the same point about it somewhere on this ridiculously huge forum thread, for now we should all be looking forward and being positive.

For one thing the people at Sony actually have things to do, things to arrange, many many things, to enable this game to actually get in stores in time. Remember, it was PD who delayed delivering the game by the time it was scheduled for, and that 3 day delay is what's caused Sony (the publishers) a headache and a half of pure logistics. We can check the forums every 5 minutes and wonder why no announcements have been made, then check another 5 minutes later and be outraged that there's still no announcements, meanwhile discs are being printed, ships are being loaded, things are getting arranged, at the last minute to make sure we all get this game as soon as possible. Sony will not leave it sitting in warehouses considering it's already behind schedule, at such a sensitive time of year for sales. Trust me they want to give us all this game, and give it to us now, but things have to be arranged, the microcosmic world of this forum thread won't change that. Things take time and ultimately they won't give us a date until they know themselves when it can be delivered and be in place for a worldwide near simultaneous release. To do anything else (treacle the game out and leave a lot of expectant people disappointed when their local games shop is out of stock so quickly) would not keep ANYONE happy. Give them a bloody week or two, the game is on it's way. And anyone doom-saying about a 2011 release should get removed for sheer jarheaded negatism!!!


That's me, said my piece :p
 
Yeah, ok. A ton of new things are in the game, yes. WHat if, most of those things are not important to people and the things that were nicked, were important? Then what? Your argument goes right out the window. You're the 100th person to use the "so much new stuff, ignore what's missing" speech. Guess what, no one is listening and there will be a hundred more.
Let people complain. That's what the forum is for. Unless you're one of the dozens of people on this forum who seem to be on PD's/SONY's payroll, then you can complain about the complaining all you want.

I'm sure kaz can input rims into all standard cars. Though, that would mean delaying the game a few months which I'm not sure those hundreds of people you speak of would approve of.

So, who's up for a 3 or more months delay?

I'm perfectly fine with more delays if it means improving the game then. More bang for your buck then.
 
Yeah, ok. A ton of new things are in the game, yes. WHat if, most of those things are not important to people and the things that were nicked, were important? Then what? Your argument goes right out the window. You're the 100th person to use the "so much new stuff, ignore what's missing" speech. Guess what, no one is listening and there will be a hundred more.
Let people complain. That's what the forum is for. Unless you're one of the dozens of people on this forum who seem to be on PD's/SONY's payroll, then you can complain about the complaining all you want.

I agree with you, but I only have one single complain to do: we need more cars!!! Me (and a sir named Kaz) would like to see Porsche on the car list, right away, but there's a lot of Alfa Romeo cars missing on it's list.
And it's only the best car manufacturer, in terms of design, in the world!

And as Jeremy Clarkson says: "In cars, design is everything..."
 
I'm sure kaz can input rims into all standard cars. Though, that would mean delaying the game a few months which I'm not sure those hundreds of people you speak of would approve of.

So, who's up for a 3 or more months delay?

3 month more delay... from when?
 
I'm thoroughly convinced that the only reason Sony hasn't set a release date is the fear that they won't have product to meet the demand. After all my theories and brainstorming this is the only logical explanation. I bet Sony wants a Nov 23-Dec 3rd release but is afraid disks won't be everywhere in time. I could see them anticipating a vile public reaction if they either missed the date again due to manufacturing/shipping, or even worse missing the date in certain regions and doing a haphazard launch. My latest thought is as soon as X amount of units are verified shipped/received-THEN we will have our verified date from Sony.
 
My local Gamestop said the Sony representative was in there today and told them they still didn't know when it would release, but that it would be before the end of the year. He could be full of 🤬 but who knows. Not good news.

lol that sounds like one of these made-up Gamestop stories.
Why would a representative come over to say: "The news is there is no news."? :crazy:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I just want to let you all know something you proabably already know, PD arent actually taking as much time announcing the release date as you think. The reason it feels so long is because people are just glued on to the forums, days feel like weeks and a simple way to overcome this is to just chillout, and forget all about GT5, Im thinking of not coming back untill the 24th :)

Very good advices indeed! Because once GT5 in our PS3, we will no longer see the lights of day as those BlackOps gamers...

... so why not just go out, live, breath the fresh air, take care of some pussy cats, dance, shake hands and watch the sunset ;) 👍


See ya in the racing rooms of GT5.
 
I recieved an email from Sony today, Im not sure if anyone else got the same email.

Dear Gran Turismo fan,

We here at Sony would firstly like to say thank you for being a loyal fan of the series and of the Playstation 3. We would also like to say sorry for the delay of Gran Turismo 5, We would also like to say sorry to all the whiny little kids on the GTplanet website who constantly complain about cockpits, wheels, the game not having all the cars 'THEY' want, the game not actually causing rain to fall inside the room theyre playing in, Kaz not working hard enough, the game not being released on the weeks theyre out of school, the game not allowing them to paint and draw pretty pictures on the cars, we're sorry for them wanting the heavens and the earth and not being able too (due to current technology not being freaking Star Trek).

But to all the grown ups out there who believe Gran Turismo is more than crashing, painting a rude word on the back of a Ferrari, or putting hidious 22 inch wheels on your Lamborghini, We thank you.

Kindest regards

Sony computer entertainment

True story!

Odd, I got one eerily similar:

Dear Gran Turismo fan,

We here at Sony would firstly like to say thank you for being a loyal fan of the series and of the PlayStation 3. We just wanted to notify you of an employee shuffle. We have fired all of the PR department over at PD, to immediately replace them with apologist fans. This is a god-send; not only do they not require income, but through extreme examples and hyperbole, they can make it clear to potential customers that they are infact silly and/or stupid to expect features that were previously in the series for an entire decade. It is now clear to us that any features not added into the game are not missed opportunities, but obviously useless features that any true fan would realize are completely unnecessary. Did you know, for example, that rims are only for show? Now you do!

Kindest regards,
Sony Computer Entertainment

...

:)

I think that's all people are asking for.

I'm a car guy and a lightweight set of rims is important to me. To others its about the look, the stance. If you're not part of either group, why do you feel the need to ridicule those who are? Just cause you don't understand it doesn't mean you should bash it.

I'm noticing this more and more, actually. People who are upset about missing features are trying to make sense of why they are missing (like this likely wheel situation). Voicing displeasure about a certain feature is not okay, but bashing people for doing this is. Apparently.

Count me as another who finds a good set of rims important in GT. It'd be hard to take the numerous dirty track-rat cars I had seriously if they all had stock rims.
 
Back