GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,915 views
GT5 cars statistic:

Total Cars:1031
Premium cars:222
Premium/standard cars??:39

Premium cars statistc
Japp' cars:103(47%)
USA CARS:37(16.9%)
European cars:79(36.1%)
New cars(GT5P-gt5):155(69.8%)

Cars Company presence:
1-Nissan:24(10.8%)
2-Chevrolet:15(6.8%)
3-Honda:13(5.9)
4-Ferrari/Toyota:12(5.4%)

Racing tuned cars:17(7.7%)
Tuned cars:11(4.9%)
NASCAR car:11(4.9%)
WRC cars:4(1.8%)
Super Gt cars:20(9%)

**Credit to KKHN from Spaziogames.it
 
Forza and GT5 are two COMPLETELY different games. They apples and oranges different.

Well... I'd sooner call Little Big Planet a "COMPLETELY different game" from GT5. Let's be honest here, they are 2 of the most clear cut console-exclusive rivals!
 
and 2


But what are we going to do without a reasonably priced car to test ourselves against the stars on th the Top Gear test track?

Oh no...Help!
Going to have to read through 40+ pages looking for an answer to this question as doing the " Reasonably Priced Car " laps with my visitors was something else I am looking forward to doing with this game.
So sorry if this has been solved since I read above, hope to find a consensus.
Guess we will all have to agree on a substitute vehicle with near enough specs and compare our times with that. Prefer a premium car too if possible.
Looking forward to getting my hands on this game, and also to answer to this little problem.
 
Well... I'd sooner call Little Big Planet a "COMPLETELY different game" from GT5. Let's be honest here, they are 2 of the most clear cut console-exclusive rivals!

GT5 and Forza are about the same as GT5 and Need For Speed or Test Drive Unlimited.

They've got a few things in common, but when it comes down to it, they're completely different.
 
Oh no...Help!
Going to have to read through 40+ pages looking for an answer to this question as doing the " Reasonably Priced Car " laps with my visitors was something else I am looking forward to doing with this game.
So sorry if this has been solved since I read above, hope to find a consensus.
Guess we will all have to agree on a substitute vehicle with near enough specs and compare our times with that. Prefer a premium car too if possible.
Looking forward to getting my hands on this game, and also to answer to this little problem.

Just plug GRID into a modem and you can race thousands of people in Chevrolet Lacettis 24 hours a day! Some of them might be famous!
 
and 2


But what are we going to do without a reasonably priced car to test ourselves against the stars on th the Top Gear test track?

GT5 have tons of reasonably priced cars.. use a classic, the Vitz? Now in premium flavor..
 
Keep available disc space in mind, people.
Agreed, been pointing that out too - 10Gb space...focus on that.

EDIT: Okay, seems you didn't mean HDD but Blu-ray.
 
Last edited:
Can't wait for reviews. If it doesn't get a higher metacritic than Forza 3 I fear we'll never hear the end of it :lol: 92 is the score to beat. I think it could go as high as 95...
 
I'm sure they have plenty of space left.
If you're talking about the game disc, no - PD said it was almost full back when they announced the Nov 2/3/4 release.
 
The countdown has begun, no more delays.
207239374.PNG
 
Last edited:
Top gear track w/o one of the cars used to test on the show is a glaring omission. Just one. Even if its the Chevy aveo, (same as the vercetti I think). The novelty of this track should have MADE them model one car from the show. What the hell did they talk about in production meetings when deciding to model this track? I can live w/o the real reasonably priced car, but the fact they couldn't model ONE car just makes me wonder how important they thought this track was. Oh yea, no Seattle track sucks.
 
Top gear track w/o one of the cars used to test on the show is a glaring omission. Just one. Even if its the Chevy aveo, (same as the vercetti I think). The novelty of this track should have MADE them model one car from the show. What the hell did they talk about in production meetings when deciding to model this track? I can live w/o the real reasonably priced car, but the fact they couldn't model ONE car just makes me wonder how important they thought this track was. Oh yea, no Seattle track sucks.

Was thinking the same thing.. When the fans heard about the top gear track I bet almost 90% thought "ooooh, finally I can test myself against the celebs with the reasonably priced car".. I did at least..

Didn't anybody in PD think that?!? :grumpy:

Edit: But that's just one drawdown, that's not going to stop me from thinking PD made an AWESOME game.. :)
 
Top gear track w/o one of the cars used to test on the show is a glaring omission. Just one. Even if its the Chevy aveo, (same as the vercetti I think). The novelty of this track should have MADE them model one car from the show. What the hell did they talk about in production meetings when deciding to model this track? I can live w/o the real reasonably priced car, but the fact they couldn't model ONE car just makes me wonder how important they thought this track was. Oh yea, no Seattle track sucks.

Maybe the new series of Top Gear has a diffrerent reasonably priced car?
 
Top gear track w/o one of the cars used to test on the show is a glaring omission. Just one. Even if its the Chevy aveo, (same as the vercetti I think). The novelty of this track should have MADE them model one car from the show. What the hell did they talk about in production meetings when deciding to model this track? I can live w/o the real reasonably priced car, but the fact they couldn't model ONE car just makes me wonder how important they thought this track was. Oh yea, no Seattle track sucks.

As far as I know, they use base models of everyday cars for the celebrity challenge - GT usually has only the sport models of these types of cars, if they are included at all... but yeah, I see your point. I'm sure if they thought about it that way they'd have included at least one as an in-joke. There have been a few in-joke cars in past GT series :)
 
Maybe the new series of Top Gear has a diffrerent reasonably priced car?

Yeah, they got the Cee'd in the newest season, but they could have at least 1 of the 3 cars...
 
Top gear track w/o one of the cars used to test on the show is a glaring omission. Just one. Even if its the Chevy aveo, (same as the vercetti I think). The novelty of this track should have MADE them model one car from the show. What the hell did they talk about in production meetings when deciding to model this track? I can live w/o the real reasonably priced car, but the fact they couldn't model ONE car just makes me wonder how important they thought this track was. Oh yea, no Seattle track sucks.

I am almost sure about Seattle seen in GT5 pre-release videos with GT500 cars flying in the air and collisions. DLC coming maybe? After all the B-R disc is full.
 
It's probably just because of the weekend, some online retailers here in south africa have also not updated yet, don't panic i'm sure it will be out 24/11

After yesterdays release announce they change status to Confirmed both at EU & US and today i check it again and i see EU as Expected and i say wth :nervous:
 
Mabe we could use the Suzuki Cappuccino as the reasonably priced car? :D

How is the specs on that car compared to the cars top gear have had?
 
Was thinking the same thing.. When the fans heard about the top gear track I bet almost 90% thought "ooooh, finally I can test myself against the celebs with the reasonably priced car".. I did at least..

Didn't anybody in PD think that?!? :grumpy:

Edit: But that's just one drawdown, that's not going to stop me from thinking PD made an AWESOME game.. :)

Lets see how fast they can go around the Top Gear Test Track in a....

Mazda Autozam!

To be honest, that sounds like a lot of fun.
 
I am almost sure about Seattle seen in GT5 pre-release videos with GT500 cars flying in the air and collisions. DLC coming maybe? After all the B-R disc is full.

Yes, that one hill has been featured UNMISTAKEABLY in a couple videos. A rather odd omission from the final product. Count on it in DLC packs.
 
After yesterdays release announce they change status to Confirmed both at EU & US and today i check it again and i see EU as Expected and i say wth :nervous:

Amazon UK has the 24th as release date, hold thumbs mate
 
hxxp://www.merlininkazani.com/dosya/GranTurismo5_CarList_EN.xlsx
i saw this car list. what is meaning “Premium” or “s” ? i will have all cars or i will have not premium cars in the game ?
 
Does anyone else think the size of the game may be one of the reasons for the delay? I mean maybe Kaz wanted to fit all the tracks on the blu-ray but couldn't compress it enough? And now Sony are rubbing they're hands as they have more dlc they can charge for?
 
hxxp://www.merlininkazani.com/dosya/GranTurismo5_CarList_EN.xlsx
i saw this car list. what is meaning “Premium” or “s” ? i will have all cars or i will have not premium cars in the game ?

S is for standard cars, ie. not quite as detailed as Premium
 
Back