GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,948 views
Monaro and SS Commo!!!! Still would have liked HSV to be in the game but I'm still super stoked on this!
 
Monaro and SS Commo!!!! Still would have liked HSV to be in the game but I'm still super stoked on this!

Yeah but it would have been nice to have the current VE Commodore instead of the VY which is now 6 years old.
 
I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I cant seem to find it. Can you race premium cars with standards?
 
I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I cant seem to find it. Can you race premium cars with standards?

You sure can.
 
Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection has 500+ cars with interior and damage.

With arcardey physics, wether night nor weather tracks, only 8 cars on the track, no track creator and many more things gt5 will have! Why do you guys ever try to compare forza with gran turismo, they are not in the same league!!
 
Any word on the game install to hdd, seem to remember reading something about that a while ago
 
Any word on the game install to hdd, seem to remember reading something about that a while ago

It's optional and takes 10gb of space to do the optional install but it's supposed to speed up load times and make the menus flow smoother. To what extent I have no idea.
 
With arcardey physics, wether night nor weather tracks, only 8 cars on the track, no track creator and many more things gt5 will have! Why do you guys ever try to compare forza with gran turismo, they are not in the same league!!

it's just the Xcrap 3fix-me fanboys crying about their wasted investment:)
 
Anyone remember this game.



Thanks for posting that. Still one of my all time favorite intros. I really wish more unexpected touches like that would make their way into the racing genre.

Enthusia was great. I always thought Konami were stupid for not making a squeal PS3 launch title. It would have made a mint.
 
You're right. Ive got 15 years of experience using Maya and 3DS Max, it doesnt take 3 months to model anything in this world.

So how long would it take you?

Remember you are not just making a pretty car, you are making a detailed model. Every little bump and mold of a alloy rim, every crease in a seat, every cord and pipe connecting bits of the engine, every grill in every air vent. Break it down and for one single car you are modeling hundreds of objects, trying to get every single detail right from photos, videos and models.

And once you have finished making those hundreds of objects, do it all again for the different levels of detail.

That would take you what?.. Half a day?


EDIT: Damn slowing down thread making me double post! Sorry mods.
 
With arcardey physics, wether night nor weather tracks, only 8 cars on the track, no track creator and many more things gt5 will have! Why do you guys ever try to compare forza with gran turismo, they are not in the same league!!

in all truth, FM3 really is the only game in GT5's league. neither compete (released a full year apart on different consoles), but the only game that is even in the same genre as them on their respective consoles released internationally (the elusive "console sim") being NFS: SHIFT. now, we can all agree that the NFS: SHIFT physics, car list, track list (with the exception of spa-francorchamps, a glaring omission from both games) and graphics are up to neither's par, but with FM and GT, both have their drawbacks and advantages. it's a bit of a classic competition in that sense (which is better, 500 average looking, varied cars or 200 great looking cars and 800 bad looking cars with little variation, which is better, customisation or rally, weather and night, etc.)


once again, neither of these games can yet be considered outright better than the other. on both sides, we're left with companies that communicate poorly and games that are both horrible in some senses and wonderful in others. in the end, most people truly in-the-know pick their poison by the console they have. I myself think both games will be great, but I'm admittedly a bit bias towards FM (but I'll be buying GT5 too!)

as for the question of physics, that will have to wait for GT5's launch.
 
Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection has 500+ cars with interior and damage.

Forza 3 interiors are not that good tbh, very rushed and low quality. GT5 interiors are in a different league that is why they take much time.
 
800 bad looking cars with little variation

Standard cars are not bad looking, Eurogamer said they look as good as Forza , while the premium cars are fantastic.
 
which is better, 500 average looking, varied cars or 200 great looking cars and 800 bad looking cars with little variation

You are in for a pleasant surprise if you think the 800 standard cars will "look bad" and have little variation.
 
You're right. Ive got 15 years of experience using Maya and 3DS Max, it doesnt take 3 months to model anything in this world.

Umm i call ******** on that bro. Maya alone has 4 - 5 separate programs inside of it and to say you mastered all of them is pretty impressive considering that each one is very complex. it has what, 3d modeling, lighting, animation, dynamic effects? to name a few and each one takes years of school to know the basics. I mean if you mastered all of them and can make a 300 000 polygon model that responds to different lighting, shading, animations, dynamic etc etc effects in less than 3 months, then maybe you should be working for PD
 
You are in for a pleasant surprise if you think the 800 standard cars will "look bad" and have little variation.

well I've seen the list and I know they have little variation, but that's the curse of the GT4 car list in the first place. as for them looking bad, I was admittedly exaderating a bit for dramatic effect. they don't look as good as FM3's cars and certainly not as good as the premuim cars, though. besides, FM3's models certainly aren't helped by that aweful lighting.
 
Forza 3 interiors are not that good tbh, very rushed and low quality. GT5 interiors are in a different league that is why they take much time.

This is half true. Some of Forza's interiors are well modeled like the Audi R8 while other interiors are half-as*edly made.
 
Guys here in saudi arabia the game already on sale .
and some of my freind playing it right now , but not me
I will however get the copy tommorow and post whatever you like to see from it
hope to help you ease the pain
and they say it is ****in awsome despite the car list

Can you please tell me which market is selling it ......PLEASE :nervous:
 
Have any of the leakers tried transferring their PSP or Prologue garage into GT5?
 
This is half true. Some of Forza's interiors are well modeled like the Audi R8 while other interiors are half-as*edly made.

Yup not all the interiors are bad.
 
500 average looking, varied cars or 200 great looking cars and 800 bad looking cars with little variation, which is better, customisation or rally, weather and night, etc.)

Standard cars are not bad looking, Eurogamer said they look as good as Forza , while the premium cars are fantastic.

You are in for a pleasant surprise if you think the 800 standard cars will "look bad" and have little variation.

Yeah:


It's hard for me to tell the difference between the Standards and premiums. Only the telltale dark windows give them away...and even then, it's hard to tell.

Also...I've said it once and I'll say it again: Forza and GT5 are two COMPLETELY different games. They apples and oranges different. Forza may have been born out of GT's inspiration, but it quickly became something completely different.

I can't wait for the 24th.
 
Yup not all the interiors are bad.

This is how I see PD thinking about it.

It's either they modeled it exactly as it is in real life or they not model it at all if they did not have the time.

They won't half-as* a job.
 
Back