GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,818,276 views
Had a call from Blockbuster here in the UK yesturday. They told me that my reserved copy will be avaliable to collect on the 24th. Then went on to say they are calling to see if I still want it! Errrrrr YEAH!
 
I bought a ps1 just for the original GT and have owned all of the games in the series. I'm sick and tired of hearing people bitch about a game we all have yet to play, especially the people who have never played the original.

Seriously. This game looks awesome. Try playing it before tearing it apart. GT games have always been great, and I bet this will not disappoint.
 
I still think that Arcade is available offline, and you need to regitster etc online for GTmode. That explains why its only arcade we have seen, and why Sony isnt going mental over the leaks, as it is limited to arcade only. Maybe arcade race IS arcade, and timetrial is in GTmode fx. We dont know, do we?

To all those who are worried it will be too easy, just wait and dont buy it until you have seen reviews on this site the 24th :)
 
They could be calling cause they got more orders than games delivered!
 
Guys, people in Czech Republic got lucky.. There are 100 people already playing GT 5.. Youtube is full of posts from that place

Links please?
 
9 days!
30e29df4.jpg


Argument over.

Problem now is finding a GameStop doing a midnight release for ONE SINGLE GAME! Stores don't even have their assets yet; sinage displays and such. We shall see. May be running to WalMart to get it.
 
In the SS7 video anyone notice what happens at 2.52 when the Citroën starts to slipstream. That's well cool.
 
9 days!
30e29df4.jpg


Argument over.

Problem now is finding a GameStop doing a midnight release for ONE SINGLE GAME! Stores don't even have their assets yet; sinage displays and such. We shall see. May be running to WalMart to get it.

I live in a small town with what, 20.000 people? And we have 3 stores that have midnight open for it :S EB, Blockhustler, and a local store.
 
You say that as if each one hogged up resources that could have been used to make a premium VW. They all look and drive identical for the most part so it stands to reason that they would be identical to model and program physics for. And the majority of them were just ported from previous games as standards anyway.

In other words, why is everyone getting mad at the Skylines?

I'd trade half of them in for ONE non-japanese make car.
 
I still think that Arcade is available offline, and you need to regitster etc online for GTmode.

They can't restrict your access to more than half of the game unless you go online as there are plenty of people who do not have their PS3's connected to the internet
 
They can't restrict your access to more than half of the game unless you go online as there are plenty of people who do not have their PS3's connected to the internet

I wouldnt be surprised if they could put a firmware update that was needed to play etc, technically they can but i guess youre right. I wont judge until i have seen GTmode, and not only arcade :)
 
I am worrin about physics in gt5.
Can you tell me why on vids we can see there are no option Standard/Pro Choose?
 
I have 5 GameStops witting a half hour to 45 minute drive. 2 are in
The middle of a major shopping area near Notre Dame University, 1 of those 2 is in a mall across the street from the other, next door to a Best Buy! The other 3, 2 are in Notre Dame residential less traffic area.

The store where I have mine is very much an xBox leaning store. Before the delay my store had 4 CE & 9 standard editions on pre-order. The store closest to the campus had about half of that.

None of these stores have gotten a confirmation to do a midnight release. Which has me kinda scrambling as to if I should move my preorders. I do have a WalMart 10 minutes from the house, and I do have a plan if I can't get a GameStop to step up.
 
Has anyone considered the possibility that the physics are no longer affected by a standard/pro option, but are now determined by which assists you use? Plenty of other games have taken that route.
 
This is probably wrong. But SolidSnakeX brought up one day that the X1 is the first car we drive. Or at least that is what the Red Bull site said.

It sounds outlandish, but is possible that the AI and Physics are based off of how well we perform in a tutorial?

Nah... Carry on.

Ok, so I'm going to quote myself, because the more I think about this the more I think it is plausible. It would actually make some sense. You do a tutorial at the beginning of the game and this is what will determine the difficulty level for you during the game.

It could also help out with online match making. Where it would not make sense is the online time trial leaderboards though.

So, when we get a chance we should ask Tekken90 two questions.
1. Was there a test/tutorial at the beginning of the game?
2. Do you see different difficulty levels when you go to the Time Trial?
 
I'm not trying to be rude or be a pain in the butt (and sorry in advance if I am) but, I think some people forget, it's a Japanese game.. of course there's going to be loads of Japanese cars. If there were 50 different versions of the Corvette (for example) don't you think the people that don't like Corvettes would be complaining about that?

Unfortunately it's a cruel world and not everyone can be pleased. I'm sure Kaz and his team have done a far better job than I could ever do. Yes, lack of Aussie cars again is a disappointment, and there's loads of Skylines, but its not just the cars that make Gran Turismo what it is.

If you want less variety car wise then there's always this:

www.needforspeed.com
 
I really think if I can't get a midnight release at my gamestop if I should just cancel the pre-order and pick it up at walmart
 
Ok, so I'm going to quote myself, because the more I think about this the more I think it is plausible. It would actually make some sense. You do a tutorial at the beginning of the game and this is what will determine the difficulty level for you during the game.

It could also help out with online match making. Where it would not make sense is the online time trial leaderboards though.

So, when we get a chance we should ask Tekken90 two questions.
1. Was there a test/tutorial at the beginning of the game?
2. Do you see different difficulty levels when you go to the Time Trial?

Wait, are you meaning like what Need for Speed: SHIFT did? You used a BMW at the beginning of the career and it gave you the assists and things it "suggested" that you use, but you could still change them anytime.
 
I'm not trying to be rude or be a pain in the butt (and sorry in advance if I am) but, I think some people forget, it's a Japanese game.. of course there's going to be loads of Japanese cars. If there were 50 different versions of the Corvette (for example) don't you think the people that don't like Corvettes would be complaining about that?

Unfortunately it's a cruel world and not everyone can be pleased. I'm sure Kaz and his team have done a far better job than I could ever do. Yes, lack of Aussie cars again is a disappointment, and there's loads of Skylines, but its not just the cars that make Gran Turismo what it is.

If you want less variety car wise then there's always this:

www.needforspeed.com

Hot Pursuit is out in a couple of days and I'm buying it! I love GT but sometimes you just gotta go a little crazy. Should be a nice selection of cars in it too, Porsche and Koenigsegg to name but two.
 
Higher top speed maybe , faster top speed no. But we don't know what tranny modification we can do to this car. We have to play it first. I got my money on the x1. Bugatti is over rated.

If physics model is accurate enough, my estimations show that X1 will be able to reach at least 450 and maybe 500kph if you modify gear ratio and aero settings.
 
Wait, are you meaning like what Need for Speed: SHIFT did? You used a BMW at the beginning of the career and it gave you the assists and things it "suggested" that you use, but you could still change them anytime.

Not sure how Shift did it, but basically, yes.
 
Now that everything has calmed down in here, I would like to point out something that was brought during all of the video leaks before the announcement of the release date. There was a trophy for "using telemetry" or some thing like that. Telemetry is used by F1, WRC and NASCAR (during testing). There are sensors in the car that send data to recording devices. This data is downloaded and analyzed by crew chiefs and engineers to adjust shocks, injection schedules, tire temps, wheel travel. In the most advanced of these systems their are 250 channels of data that can be captured. If you watch WRC or F1 on SPEED channel and wondered what all of those guys sitting in the trailers are watching on their monitors, it is this data. If Polyphony Digital incorporated this into Gran Turismo 5, it would explain why they would refer to this as their apollo program. The thought of this being available in B-spec is incredible enough, but if it is available in A-spec to be able use the data to tune your car, take it back out and compare the new data and the new "feel" of the car, then this is truly a major advance in racing games.

I hope telemetry is implemented too!!!
 
The ironic thing about all this bitchin' is that by Christmas, all the haters are going to be singing it's praises and all the negative things will be forgotten.

Yup. Something tells me once we've driven down the la Sarthe straight in the cockpit of the X1 at night with the high beams illuminating the way all will be forgiven :sly:
 
Still haven't got an answer to my question, but does anyone know if these are "THE" official full car and track listings? I have a feeling that Kaz is just giving us a scrap list and will surprise us with something that we've been talking about all along. For example, the "official" track list is what we've already mostly seen from one of the leaked videos and the poster claims he only unlocked one track. On top of that, why have more than 5-8 variations of one car? Especially if its year after year? Something is fishy here and Kaz promised us a surprise.

Has any of the players who leaked the game confirmed this yet? Or is everyone here just speculating that this is what it is?
 
Hot Pursuit is out in a couple of days and I'm buying it! I love GT but sometimes you just gotta go a little crazy. Should be a nice selection of cars in it too, Porsche and Koenigsegg to name but two.

The Hot Pursuit forum is here. Please keep this forum's discussions related to GT5.
 
Still haven't got an answer to my question, but does anyone know if these are "THE" official full car and track listings? I have a feeling that Kaz is just giving us a scrap list and will surprise us with something that we've been talking about all along. For example, the "official" track list is what we've already mostly seen from one of the leaked videos and the poster claims he only unlocked one track. On top of that, why have more than 5-8 variations of one car? Especially if its year after year? Something is fishy here and Kaz promised us a surprise.

Has any of the players who leaked the game confirmed this yet? Or is everyone here just speculating that this is what it is?

No one knows.

However, if you look at past PD games, there were always surprises. So, we will see.
 
No one knows.

However, if you look at past PD games, there were always surprises. So, we will see.

This is where I'm getting at. Kaz mentions surprises. If you were to pop this game in right now, you'd be amazed at the graphics and all, but the car and track listings might be displeasing. That would be it for surprises really.

But like you said, we shall see. All I want to know is whether or not the guys who already have the game confirmed that the track and car list is indeed 100% accurate.
 
Back