GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,234 views
The ironic thing about all this bitchin' is that by Christmas, all the haters are going to be singing it's praises and all the negative things will be forgotten.
 
I would of liked to have seen a Cadillac CTS-V or Converj Concept.
 
I hope they remove the Nurburgring. It's way too long for a racetrack, and too bumpy.

Don't race then, go for a drive... on the real driving simulator. That's what I like most about the Nurburgring, you can chillax and pretend you're just going out for a gentle spin without the scenery repeating every 2 minutes.
 
I just saw the SSR7 - Night&Rain video, impossible to complain. The lighting on the wet road is amazing,
 
Is SS Route 7 considered the longest track so far? I wish it looped around for spirited driving!
 
I found an official GT logo on Playstation blog's Flickr page, in gigantic size 3508 x 2281, click the image below to get it.

Now if only someone could tell me the main typeface used for the logo my life would be complete.
 
The Test Track Oval was only 6.43 miles.

really? it seemed a lot longer than that..oh well at least we won't have to worry about those boring races we had to do on the test track
 
I will admit I own an xbox and have played all of the forza games......gulp, even enjoyed them. BUT I bought a ps1 just for the original GT and have owned all of the games in the series. GT4 is the only one I never finished(Damn having to be a responsible adult). I'm sick and tired of hearing people bitch about a game we all have yet to play, especially the people who have never played the original.
 
The Skylines are a lightning rod for the Nipponcentric aspect of GT, and GT 5 follows the pattern*. You get 2 vehicles made by Holden, and yet you get fifty-one models of Nissan Skylines. 16 Mazda RX-7s. Heck someone has pointed out that you get the Suzuki Swift Sport '05 and the Suzuki Swift Sport '07 (both Premium), which are for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from each other.

Dozens after dozens of Toyotas, Mazdas, Subarus, Nissans, Mitsubishis, Hondas.

2 Pontiacs. 2 Buicks. A handful of Chevrolets. 5 Aston Martins. Again, 2 Holdens.

Hey, I'm glad for the fans of Japanese vehicles, but there's no doubt the vehicle content of the rest of the world has suffered as a result.


*Addendum: I did a rough count...over half the cars (I get in the 580s) are from Japanese manufacturers. 104, yes, smack on 10% of the total car count, are from Nissan alone. Sure there are a lot of sour "my car didn't get in" grapes in the forums, but...580 out of 1031 supposedly covering 40 years of international automobiles?


Yes, yes and yes ... this has been discussed before, a Japanese developer has easier access to what else .... Japanese car manufacturers. Its really quite simple and nothing to complain about, it's not like the 100 easy access Nissans can be replaced by 100 hard to get Buicks.
 
Recent demo footage from Japanese Store. To me it looks a hell of a lot more involving than the leaked GT5 footage :indiff:

[YOUTUBEHD]uJcPEUWP2aQ[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
The Skylines are a lightning rod for the Nipponcentric aspect of GT, and GT 5 follows the pattern*. You get 2 vehicles made by Holden, and yet you get fifty-one models of Nissan Skylines. 16 Mazda RX-7s. Heck someone has pointed out that you get the Suzuki Swift Sport '05 and the Suzuki Swift Sport '07 (both Premium), which are for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from each other.

Dozens after dozens of Toyotas, Mazdas, Subarus, Nissans, Mitsubishis, Hondas.

2 Pontiacs. 2 Buicks. A handful of Chevrolets. 5 Aston Martins. Again, 2 Holdens.

Hey, I'm glad for the fans of Japanese vehicles, but there's no doubt the vehicle content of the rest of the world has suffered as a result.


*Addendum: I did a rough count...over half the cars (I get in the 580s) are from Japanese manufacturers. 104, yes, smack on 10% of the total car count, are from Nissan alone. Sure there are a lot of sour "my car didn't get in" grapes in the forums, but...580 out of 1031 supposedly covering 40 years of international automobiles?

It is a shame. The should have just combined all to one, or made everything available on the most powerful car (IIRC there was one Skyline that had more power than all the rest) But no need for Skyline GTR, GTR V Spec, GTR V Spec Nur II, GTR V Spec Nur II Midnight Purple, in every year. Break it back down to each of the models and the best ones of the bunch. There is too much excess and it kills the overall car count when probably 100 are duplicates. Why there is every year Civic from 91-95, I don't know. Just put in a 95, and call it a day. Hell even put in all color combos in just one year. There's not real differences between the cars, just stop with them.

GT6 better have a fresh car count, a car list that consists of the older cars (from previous GTs based on how much they are used in GT5) but recreate everything in premium. There would only be a few from each Japanese class, and I'm sure some kind of statistic graph could be implemented (only really for PD to see) to decide which models the people enjoy, and which to not bother with in the future.
 
The ironic thing about all this bitchin' is that by Christmas, all the haters are going to be singing it's praises and all the negative things will be forgotten.

Yea, I agree. Some of it will stick around and is legit (tracks/cars). But, people talking about how bad physics are from watching youtube videos, where the guy uses standard physics and TC...

I'll just say it, some people here are either trying to complain, or are stupid. I'll let them choose which camp they fit in.
 
Last edited:
@ Coolcolj
How? :scared:

The physics just look odd in leaked vids, and there doesn't seem to be a menu option to choose between standard/pro physics like in the demos... that's scary..... :nervous:
 
There hasn't been any more mention of the stunt arena has there? I remember that Sony guy talking about it the same time he let the cat out of the bag regarding Karting etc....

I wondered if the car leaping the other car in the release date announcement trailer might have been a hint at it?
 
Recent demo footage from Japanese Store. To me it looks a hell of a lot more involving than the leaked GT5 footage :indiff:

I think it's because we see someone using a wheel. You know... The physics for that demo look just like one in the Chamonix video tekken posted. To be honest, just watching the car snap back gives it away. So, maybe GT5 has it's physics always set to Pro? Unless that guy is playing with Standard Physics. Then we got a problem.
 
The physics just look odd in leaked vids, and there doesn't seem to be a menu option to choose between standard/pro physics like in the demos... that's scary..... :nervous:

Well...This maybe a hunch, but you might unlock different physics levels when you unlock or complete the different career levels. Heck the AI difficulty seems pretty low in all those vids. And better damage might come with it. So far, it would appear we've seen only the 1st level of damage with just some dents and dings and scratches. We've seen better damage in the Best Buy demo and the AI in those videos seemed a lot harder, as well.

It would seem odd that they would go backward from E3. And it would seem that a LOT of GT5's cooler features are unlocked at the very beginning...which is kind of cool 'cause the further along you get, the more awesomeness you get to experience.
 
The physics just look odd in leaked vids, and there doesn't seem to be a menu option to choose between standard/pro physics like in the demos... that's scary..... :nervous:

maybe standard/pro is in the difficulty selection
 
This is probably wrong. But SolidSnakeX brought up one day that the X1 is the first car we drive. Or at least that is what the Red Bull site said.

It sounds outlandish, but is possible that the AI and Physics are based off of how well we perform in a tutorial?

Nah... Carry on.
 
Guys, people in Czech Republic got lucky.. There are 100 people already playing GT 5.. Youtube is full of posts from that place
 
Back