GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,818,387 views
yup. Something tells me once we've driven down the la sarthe straight in the cockpit of the x1 at night with the high beams illuminating the way all will be forgiven :sly:

+1
 
This is where I'm getting at. Kaz mentions surprises. If you were to pop this game in right now, you'd be amazed at the graphics and all, but the car and track listings might be displeasing. That would be it for surprises really.

But like you said, we shall see. All I want to know is whether or not the guys who already have the game confirmed that the track and car list is indeed 100% accurate.

No one knows.
 
Hi all,
First,im new to forum here - but not new to this site and to GT series - played all of'em ;) and sorry for my english also-be patient :P
Well,i thought its time to write something,since here sooooo many so called GT fans,that they dont know what they taking about..and this is sad..
Lets talk about videos from tekken - i dont know how dumb you should be (sorry-no offense) if you cant see that all his gameplay is clearly absolute ARCADE - which say all..
I dont know how some of you can question PD and Kaz class..When i played GT4,i was surprised not 10 or 20 times way,waaay more times..And this will be the case in GT5,im 110% sure..Even when playing GT4 7th time i was still surprised..And i am not 16yer old ;)
Kaz said - there will be surpsize ('s) - that should be enough,at least for those,who knows GT series and have some brains,and not here because one game - GT5..
Regardless car selection - i dont know how can some of you not be happy - nobody can fit ALL existing cars..I am from europe,and i cant be more happy with car selection...
I also played all forza's,and trust me - GT5 way more better and advanced,and i dont need to mention graphics either,do i? ;)
My advise - stop watching stupid videos,wait for real game - just over a week left,you can find better way spend this time then ruining your happiness when you start playing GT mode with all stuff ENABLED..
Nobody stops you from watching those videos and reading crying,unhappy teenagers posts - BUT...i hope,all those who crying now will be here after 24th..would like to see they faces then..
End of rant ;)
 
I am worrin about physics in gt5.
Can you tell me why on vids we can see there are no option Standard/Pro Choose?

From what I have seen of the arcade mode posted online,their doesn't seem to an option to change the physics between standard and pro and also no option to change the difficulty of the AI opposition.Which is odd as both option were in gt5 prologue:tdown:
 
It sounds like the track list might not be complete. It seems it was completed using a review copy...or at least that's what I read somewhere. There are a lot of interesting omissions like Infineon and El Capitan. So...who knows.

There also seems a couple missing cars from the list. And it's not like previous car early car lists have been short. I mean, GT2's adds always said around 500 cars, and the total was about 650 cars. GT4's numbers were around 700 and it's final count was 722 or more...so...we'll see.
 
I really hope the prize cars are balanced this time around. A big problem with GT4 was the way you could make millions within two hours if you knew how (do the B and A licences to silver, sell the Lupo and use the money to modify the Kusabi or the Dualnote, then take part in the easy Costa di Amalfi event several times and sell all the Toyota RSCs).
 
The Hot Pursuit forum is here. Please keep this forum's discussions related to GT5.

Merely a passing comment in relation to the other guy's post, I wasn't trying to swing the whole conversation over.

From what I have seen of the arcade mode posted online,their doesn't seem to an option to change the physics between standard and pro and also no option to change the difficulty of the AI opposition.Which is odd as both option were in gt5 prologue:tdown:

I'm still going with my theory. Use of assists has overridden use of the standard/pro switch on physics.
 
It sounds like the track list might not be complete. It seems it was completed using a review copy...or at least that's what I read somewhere. There are a lot of interesting omissions like Infineon and El Capitan. So...who knows.

There also seems a couple missing cars from the list. And it's not like previous car early car lists have been short. I mean, GT2's adds always said around 500 cars, and the total was about 650 cars. GT4's numbers were around 700 and it's final count was 722 or more...so...we'll see.

It seems like it is a very slim chance he is playing on a review copy. Especially since Tekken90 said it is the full retail version.
 
Somebody said their is a boatload of new videos coming from Czech Republic? I'm not seeing anything "new" in my search. Other than the few from earlier this evening. If you see new videos, would you mind posting a link to your search results please?
 
Somebody said their is a boatload of new videos coming from Czech Republic? I'm not seeing anything "new" in my search. Other than the few from earlier this evening. If you see new videos, would you mind posting a link to your search results please?

Sorry to ask.... It's moring here in holland and you sad a few vids from earlier this evening? could you show me wich one?? thanks in advance
 
It sounds like the track list might not be complete. It seems it was completed using a review copy...or at least that's what I read somewhere. There are a lot of interesting omissions like Infineon and El Capitan. So...who knows.

There also seems a couple missing cars from the list. And it's not like previous car early car lists have been short. I mean, GT2's adds always said around 500 cars, and the total was about 650 cars. GT4's numbers were around 700 and it's final count was 722 or more...so...we'll see.

Yes, and its also noted by other members:

JamDodger

Just reading through the list again…. Could the title of this news be slightly wrong?

Could it be the Complete Official Arcade List.???

I only say because before the video got censored the other day, this is the exact list of the ARCADE tracks, and as much as it will be fun to play these, i’m definitely going to miss Grindlewald, El Capitan, Seattle, Apricot Hill, Midfield amongst many others.

I couldn’t see PD not putting these in, I know they have to be PS3 readied but they have been made before… Just a curious thing that’s all.

I’m sure others have seen this.


Sigmaviper11

This track list doesn’t feel complete. i wonder if they are leaving stuff out as a surprise. Or maybe they’re still working on some sturff and are going to drop it in later. Or maybe it was just too much to fit on a disk and they’re forced to drop it in later. I hope there’s more to come.


I agree. Like I mentioned before, the arena is not there and the kart track isn’t either. So they obviously don’t have everything listed.

Red_9

Toscana is the only rally track, though there is a rally segment with randomly generated rally courses.

Also, I think some are missing from here, because the Test Track oval and Las Vegas drag strip are missing, and both are essential to performance testing. Therefore I make the assumption that this list is incorrect.


dids

Sorry but i don´t trust very much in the GT5 track list gave by PD ,it doesn´t just make sense….

When Gt4 came out it would have 50 tracks (and reversed ones didn´t count)

I counted 53 tracks without the reverse ones and PD said that the game was going to have 70 tracks…


Maxitsu

who says this is a “full” list?
its a strange list.

I think its strange list:

- because it only has 3 Rally Tracks
- only 3 ovals for Nasscar
- Missing Kart tracks (even the Siena Circuit)
- Missing seen in in old builds (El Capitan, Motegi, Infineon, Grand Valley, Grand Canyon,…)
- Missing The Test course which is in every GT-game.

offcourse there is de circuit maker. but i don’t care for that.
 
Are the people complaining about the amount of Japanese cars in GT5 newcomers to the series? If not, I'm startled that you think it would be any different in 5 than from 1, 2, 3, or 4. All these JDM cars are like old friends to me now, and it would be awful if they suddenly dumped half of them for the international market or because they were deemed repetitive. Long time fans can tell the difference between driving an R32 and an R34 Skyline and have grown to love the 4WD Subies. I would just about die if they decided to include only contemporary Mitsu EVOs... I love the old ones to bits!

Aside from the addition of McLaren, British manufacturers have been the only ones suffering in recent editions of GT. Whether you're a fan of American muscle, German luxury, or Italian exotics... you are faced with astounding new choices in GT5.

The only way Gran Turismo continues to disappoint as far as cars go is the exclusion of Porsche, which is an epic shame considering the rich history of unbelievably great cars from that marque.

Otherwise, objectively it is very easy to be more than pleased with the variety of cars in Gran Turismo 5.
 
I recon the exclusion of the test track is a big clue that the official track list is incomplete. Here's hopeing anyway....
 
Hello!

I have a question, sorry if it has been posted before.

If I want to play at my friend place with my game and my progression, what do I need to do? We had memory card for that before, do you think we can use our save on another PS3?
 
Personally speaking I'm content. Through all the GT's I've become accustomed to the amount of JDM cars and it hasn't been a problem. The addition of Ferrari's and Lamborghini's is nice as well, but if they took away some JDM's i'd be a little disappointed. So honestly, I'm content, and that goes for tracks as well. Sure they took away some fan favorites but I think it was kinda hard for PD to release it this soon. So all in all, I'm happy to have it at this point.
 
Did anyone notice that in that NASCAR video at around 3:48, something that looked like a bit of rubber was flying about. Off the tyre. Lets hope that this affects your grip and the life of your tyres.

@gigatoaster, do USB sticks still work?
 
I have seen a lot of posts now where people are concerned about the physics an AI difficulty, but haven't anyone seen that on the videos when people press arcade they next have to select difficulty, maby that determence the physics and AI difficulty?

Like in the beginning of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSdOIhqcJs0
 
video

Here's what I was talking about, if it makes it clearer.

Fixed, and thanks for the video. I'll check it out.

Edit: I see you fixed your's, so I won't re-quote the video.
 
I'm a little out of the loop right now. What's all this talk about physics settings have been removed and you're forced to play on standard physics?

There's pages of it in another thread but it blows my mind. Someone tell me it's not true.
 
I'm a little out of the loop right now. What's all this talk about physics settings have been removed and you're forced to play on standard physics?

There's pages of it in another thread but it blows my mind. Someone tell me it's not true.

IMO, if it is implemented as in GT5P, we will have to select physics level in the menu it appears just before we start the race.
 
Video of demo unit in Japanese store. Looks intense!
Super GT GT-R, Pro physics, R2 tyres all round, active steering off, traction control at 5

I hate how the onscreen wheel does not reflect the intensity....
[YOUTUBEHD]FFxjiImbGhk[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
Every since I looked at the track list for the first time I said they've left out some for DLC or that's not complete.
 
I'm a little out of the loop right now. What's all this talk about physics settings have been removed and you're forced to play on standard physics?

There's pages of it in another thread but it blows my mind. Someone tell me it's not true.

Well, we aren't quite sure yet. But Tekken90 couldn't seem to find any pro/standard physics settings.
_______________

Regarding the Shift video, I am thinking it would be way more involved than that. You name your driver, pick your driving suit, and then you have a series of tests. This will determine your difficulty. Since it still doesn't show the difficulty when you play Arcade, then I am guessing you need to re-do the test to re-do the difficulty.

However, this would not work in Time Trial. The leaderboards would be horrible. So, we need to ask Tekken90 if he had a tutorial/test and ask him to check the Time Trial in Arcade mode for physics settings.
 
Yes, and its also noted by other members:

JamDodger

Just reading through the list again…. Could the title of this news be slightly wrong?

Could it be the Complete Official Arcade List.???

I only say because before the video got censored the other day, this is the exact list of the ARCADE tracks, and as much as it will be fun to play these, i’m definitely going to miss Grindlewald, El Capitan, Seattle, Apricot Hill, Midfield amongst many others.

I couldn’t see PD not putting these in, I know they have to be PS3 readied but they have been made before… Just a curious thing that’s all.

I’m sure others have seen this.


Sigmaviper11

This track list doesn’t feel complete. i wonder if they are leaving stuff out as a surprise. Or maybe they’re still working on some sturff and are going to drop it in later. Or maybe it was just too much to fit on a disk and they’re forced to drop it in later. I hope there’s more to come.


I agree. Like I mentioned before, the arena is not there and the kart track isn’t either. So they obviously don’t have everything listed.

Red_9

Toscana is the only rally track, though there is a rally segment with randomly generated rally courses.

Also, I think some are missing from here, because the Test Track oval and Las Vegas drag strip are missing, and both are essential to performance testing. Therefore I make the assumption that this list is incorrect.


dids

Sorry but i don´t trust very much in the GT5 track list gave by PD ,it doesn´t just make sense….

When Gt4 came out it would have 50 tracks (and reversed ones didn´t count)

I counted 53 tracks without the reverse ones and PD said that the game was going to have 70 tracks…


Maxitsu

who says this is a “full” list?
its a strange list.

I think its strange list:

- because it only has 3 Rally Tracks
- only 3 ovals for Nasscar
- Missing Kart tracks (even the Siena Circuit)
- Missing seen in in old builds (El Capitan, Motegi, Infineon, Grand Valley, Grand Canyon,…)
- Missing The Test course which is in every GT-game.

offcourse there is de circuit maker. but i don’t care for that.

Thats what I think aswell, like in gt3 were you couldn't play all tracks in arcade mode.
 
IMO, if it is implemented as in GT5P, we will have to select physics level in the menu it appears just before we start the race.

I have the same doubt too... it seems too easy to came from the 12th to 1st... like in video of the GT video at night at rain...
 
Thats what I think aswell, like in gt3 were you couldn't play all tracks in arcade mode.

Well, if that's the case then the Time Trial leaderboards must have moved somewhere else. Or else we wouldn't be able to set times on all courses. I'm guessing that if anything, they unlock in Arcade when we unlock them in the Special Events and A/B Spec.
 
Don't race then, go for a drive... on the real driving simulator. That's what I like most about the Nurburgring, you can chillax and pretend you're just going out for a gentle spin without the scenery repeating every 2 minutes.

Less of a relaxing drive, more of a never ending winding madness with walls closer to each other than the width of your car!
 
Back