GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,819,234 views
Just to let any of you know that were trying to enter into the sweepstakes earlier for the watch, they fixed the zip code error. Just figured I'd drop back in and say that.

those of you that haven't entered..

http://us.playstation.com/psn/events/granturismotissot.html

It's pretty neat, free chance at that watch, msrp 500 bucks, can guarantee you'd get more after you won it, I personally wouldn't sell it, I'd collect it, I still have all my guides from GT1-4 un opened discs of GT1-4 in the non greatest hits boxes, all original before they went greatest hits. and of course Ive got my opened copies to play.

Oh yeah?

You want to see a collection? Here's a collection...the guy must have connections:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23021
 
Anyone figure out how to unlock the X1 yet?

My plan is to get it first and race it online so I'm first in rankings.

You may need a time machine then as those people that already have the game in their hands (by whatever means) have a bit of a head start on you ;)
 
So.... I haven't seen anything about Forza or any of its incarnations as I don't have an xBox or look into Microsoft or any of it's evil plans. I wasn't trying to start a party (too old for that!) Thanks for the info and the link! Hope that GT makes use of that in a better way and I look forward to exploring this feature as well as the many others that I have been reading about.
 
Wow. Just saw the course maker video. This totally makes up for any missing tracks in the game. Replay value is going to be insane.

11 more days :(
 
Japanese store demo unit pics. Wished we had em here...

1289647502.jpg


1286707783.jpg


1286767111.jpg


--

1270118014.jpg
 
Has anyone noticed the Tissot countdown clock is wrong. According to it I should be able to pick the game up at 9pm on the 23rd. I hope the watches are more accurate. LOL!
 
Wow. Just saw the course maker video. This totally makes up for any missing tracks in the game. Replay value is going to be insane.

11 more days :(

it's not the official course maker vid right? Can i get the link?
 
Does anyone know how many background variation scenes are available when you are on the GT Mode menu? Or if you can choose your own scene?
 
Has anyone noticed the Tissot countdown clock is wrong. According to it I should be able to pick the game up at 9pm on the 23rd. I hope the watches are more accurate. LOL!
I'm on Eastern Standard Time and my math says 9PM on the 24th. I do wonder where the time is based from (if you do your math) I think you'll find it 9PM on the 24th also, which the time is still wrong as of right now the clocks saying about:9 days 19 hours and 38 min.
 
Wow. Just saw the course maker video. This totally makes up for any missing tracks in the game. Replay value is going to be insane.

11 more days :(

Amen...the word "infinite" comes to mind.

Now if only they'll let people upload their tracks to a central PSN location, a la Modnation...
 
I'm on Eastern Standard Time and my math says 9PM on the 24th. I do wonder where the time is based from (if you do your math) I think you'll find it 9PM on the 24th also, which the time is still wrong as of right now the clocks saying about:9 days 19 hours and 38 min.

It's based on GMT 0 Standard Time (I don't know what this timezone is called.)
 
I'm on Eastern Standard Time and my math says 9PM on the 24th. I do wonder where the time is based from (if you do your math) I think you'll find it 9PM on the 24th also, which the time is still wrong as of right now the clocks saying about:9 days 19 hours and 38 min.

It's the 14th right now. If you do your math and add 9 days you should come up with the 23rd. 14+9=23.
 
No but at least we have 50 Skylines to choose from :rolleyes:

You say that as if each one hogged up resources that could have been used to make a premium VW. They all look and drive identical for the most part so it stands to reason that they would be identical to model and program physics for. And the majority of them were just ported from previous games as standards anyway.

In other words, why is everyone getting mad at the Skylines?
 
Haha point taken. Looking forward to this great game finally anyway 👍

I think you missed my point :)

I'd happily trade 30 Skylines for the one VW. Some of the cars missing from GT5 floor me.

/broken record
 
I can see people with no lives using the Track Editor to try and recreate tracks that aren't in the game... :crazy: Would be cool to see though!
 
In other words, why is everyone getting mad at the Skylines?

Because either they're legitimately different, in which case the resources could have been used better for something else. Or they're not different, in which case it's blatant number padding and we're only getting 950 cars.

Either way it's not really something to be happy about.
 
Is it weird that the menus are one of the things I'm most looking forward to? :dopey:

I'm totally with you. I hated the menus in Forza 2 and 3, and even the ones in GT4... too white, too sterile, too cold. The GT5 menus look fantastic. Nice and comfortable, the kind of place you don't mind spending time.
 
I'm totally with you. I hated the menus in Forza 2 and 3, and even the ones in GT4... too white, too sterile, too cold. The GT5 menus look fantastic. Nice and comfortable, the kind of place you don't mind spending time.

Agreed 100%. I'm also looking forward to them alot actually. They look glossy and modern.
 
I can see people with no lives using the Track Editor to try and recreate tracks that aren't in the game... :crazy: Would be cool to see though!

I thought it wasn't that kind of track editor, it's just a random track generator.
 
I thought it wasn't that kind of track editor, it's just a random track generator.

Correct you can't recreate real world tracks unless by some act of God you end up with Spa by accident.
 
You say that as if each one hogged up resources that could have been used to make a premium VW. They all look and drive identical for the most part so it stands to reason that they would be identical to model and program physics for. And the majority of them were just ported from previous games as standards anyway.

In other words, why is everyone getting mad at the Skylines?

The Skylines are a lightning rod for the Nipponcentric aspect of GT, and GT 5 follows the pattern*. You get 2 vehicles made by Holden, and yet you get fifty-one models of Nissan Skylines. 16 Mazda RX-7s. Heck someone has pointed out that you get the Suzuki Swift Sport '05 and the Suzuki Swift Sport '07 (both Premium), which are for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from each other.

Dozens after dozens of Toyotas, Mazdas, Subarus, Nissans, Mitsubishis, Hondas.

2 Pontiacs. 2 Buicks. A handful of Chevrolets. 5 Aston Martins. Again, 2 Holdens.

Hey, I'm glad for the fans of Japanese vehicles, but there's no doubt the vehicle content of the rest of the world has suffered as a result.


*Addendum: I did a rough count...over half the cars (I get in the 580s) are from Japanese manufacturers. 104, yes, smack on 10% of the total car count, are from Nissan alone. Sure there are a lot of sour "my car didn't get in" grapes in the forums, but...580 out of 1031 supposedly covering 40 years of international automobiles?
 
Last edited:
2 holdens ported from GT4 by the way making them 7 years old...
 
I hope they remove the Nurburgring. It's way too long for a racetrack, and too bumpy.
 
Back